Sick seedlings 3/4" tall

even if you fim and or top them still might be enough you may have to use LST (Tying the branches and center down) along with the different trimmings. @Bobbi

We can help you with all that. It will be good fun!

Yes, yes and yes @bob31, it will be fun. I’ve had the best adventure so far with you and @Countryboyjvd1971 aka John. I’ve enjoyed the whole process, the bookwork, the testing with the two meters, documenting everything. I made up charts on my desktop cp and wrote everything down, including how much they grew between each watering. FUN! The only sad part was murdering “Sassy” and tossing her into the woods.:cry:

1 Like

I hear ya there! It is sad and I look forward to your next one. What have you got left?

@bob31 All plants are harvested, I just finished up the last of the cannabutter an hour ago. I used coconut oil instead of butter, cooked it in slow cooker for 48 hours.

1 Like

How was the cannabutter? Come out good? What ratio of MJ to coconut oil did you use?

For John aka @Countryboyjvd1971 I have two round openings in tent, 6" round if this helps you for the fan.

I used one ounce of sugar leaves to one cup coconut oil and about the same amount of water. The water doesn’t matter, it cooks off and you have to replace it if you run it 48 hours. @bob31 The color gets a disgusting greenish color when you cook it that long but it will knock you on your a$$.

Do those heavy combo filter/fans have to hang from the top? Can they be upright on floor?

@bob31
The clamp that holds the two together doesn’t fit tight, no way I can tighten it. I want to put it on the floor, can I? I just looked on amazon for a replacement outside filter for this unit and can’t seem to find one. I looked back on my order and they said to just typed in this, 4 inch carbon air filter air scrubber control . But this isn’t it, I just wanted the white outside thingie or don’t we need to replace these?

1 Like

You can pull it off and wash it? Mine is like t-shirt material Just throw it in the wash!

Your filter would do better being in the top of the tent.

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @BIGE I have 3 new babies planted in some organic soil, some gnats have set in. I purchased some fly strips that I attached to small plastic strips and laid on top of the soil to attract them. I see in another post where someone suggested using DE which I believe is Diatomaceous Earth products. Amazon has all kinds of liquids and powders, which kind should I buy, so many to choose from and I don’t know which? Also I read where you said John to put a potato slice in but where do you put it?

2 Likes

@Bobbi
De must be food grade and works ok with the nates
Hey a de duster as well if going this route
You can also put a layer of perilite on top of soil as well this prevents them from laying more eggs
It works well for me I use both in combination

@Countryboyjvd1971, okay…I’ll order it from amazon. I can order the fan at the same time if you tell me which kind you recommend. Was it the intake fan you were talking about?

Sorry @Bobbi what fan a refrencing intake or exhaust ?
And size of tent again

4’ x 4’ x 6’ 3" and I think you said the 6" built in hole to bring fresh air in?

8", sorry I just measured it

Perilite is white stuff you mix into soil ?
If you need me to size a fan for you i will
Exhaust should be about 100cfm
and intake about half that @Bobbi

Yes, please size a fan.

I’ll look on Amazon in a little bit can’t search that right now @Bobbi but those are the sizes
With 100cfm fan you exchange air once every min in the tent

okay, I’ll hold off on my order

I run a window A/C in the grow room to keep the temp down in the room and tent. I know the A/C unit takes the moisture out of the air. I keep a pretty big pan of water in the tent with the hope that the evaporation will help to add moisture and lower the temp. The pan is under the lights and has a fan blowing across it. About a gallon a week is evaporated. I’m not sure that a gallon is significant or not…

Any other ideas for adding moisture? Maybe an air mister?

1 Like

Air mister or cool mist humidifier has clogged up a couple of the members carbon filters,may want to go another way?