Sick seedlings 3/4" tall

I can answer that @bobbi That should be plenty. As a matter of fact I was catching up on my reading and decided to add another fan to my tent after reading about yours! And I don’t want to lose any of mine! I did find a little mold in my water collection tray yesterday.
I am going to look for a dehumidifier as well, which is something you might want to consider?

I don’t think you need a fan to blow air out. That is what the filter and fan is doing

1 Like

Ok @Bobbi but it will need to wait till later I’m at work right now

1 Like

In the mean time get that info for me so I can size a proper intake fan for you @Bobbi

High Volocity Fan producing 190 CFM, 2730 RPM
Speed Controller to control speed variation
Odor control for better privacy, Air Flow - 200 CFM
Removes heat from the system
premium Australian Virgin Charcoal used in filter @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

What size tent @Bobbi I forget? 3x3?

What should I wash the insides of my tent with? Might be spores of mildew in there. @bob31 4x4x6’3"

1 Like

so thats 96 cu ft 4x4 x 6

Your fan is 190 cu ft per min so on full high you are exchanging your air twice a minute. and half speed about once per minute. Let’s wait to hear what @Countryboyjvd1971 has to say. I can do the calculations but he can do the recommendations!

My fan runs 440 cfm on high but I only run it at about 1/3 or so. I’m gonna bump mine up a little higher I think

1 Like

@bob31 I’m an idiot, I just went down and checked my combo which is still running. (Plants are all harvested but drying and didn’t want house to smell). Switch is on Var instead of full and on low! I thought that was just to take the smell out of the house and running it on low took care of the smell.

@Bobbi I would run exhaust about 1/2 speed this way your exchanging air once every min
I’ll do some research and find a inexpensive intake fan to match your exhaust just give me a few minutes I’m at work
In the mean time if you have a fan to put outside blowing into tent I recommend you do that
You only have 120 cubic feet in the tent
Sometimes to much exhaust is also a bad thing
But forcing drier air into tent should help in the mean time
I know I’ll get yelled at for this but imo bleach is the best way to deal with mold it is toxic as I sure you know you did raise a family after all lol
But it will kill and spores for sure mix a solution up and spray the walls down every thing then wipe clean
At least that’s how I would deal with it

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 great, no hurry. No plants left in tent and my new plants won’t go in tent for awhile. They are only a week old. Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Right, I didn’t consider air movement. I can see how air in ‘pockets’ and corners could become stagnant.

PH in my tent seems to stay between 40-44%. Is that a safe range, or is it something to worry about?

It’s a little low actually for flower and a lot low for veg @HappyCamper
You’ll want around 55-60 during flower and higher for veg stage
But I try to maintain around 60 my whole grow to be honest
If the plants are keeped in a dry environment it will close the pores on the bottom side of the leaves to retain moisture which effect nutrient take up
There a name for theses pores I believe it start with a s ? I can’t remember the actual name at the moment tho
If it where me I would get humidity up some
Where are out on west coast ?

@Bobbi

Figured I would post mine while we are waiting for @Countryboyjvd1971 to post his, but I think his is probably similar.

Here is my tent. Filter fan and electrical plugs L to R
3 lights

2 T8’s down the right and left side.

Middle close right is a clip on fan. Lower close right is my timer and outlets for the fans and T-8’s

Lower right corner under GL is the Fan/ Heater in front of the intake just pulling in air a little and helping to circulate. I’m adding a 2nd clip on in a few days.

I added a few more pics over in my journal @Bobbi

1 Like

@bob31 I was just over checking out your journal, how are the plants in fore front getting light exposure? 2 T 8"s Huh? Not sure what you’re talking about there. I’ve read that fans shouldn’t be blowing on the plants but all the video’s show huge fans blowing across plants. What do you think about that?

@Bobbi the fans should go under and above. as long as the fans are far enough away they can use the bigger ones but not in our small tents. Not enough room.

I think the best way for us is several fans in different directions. My second clip on is going under the canopy as well

The t8’s are the white stick lights on the right and left of the Gold Leaf in the rear. They just help getting light to the undersides of the plant. Once everybody is done being tucked under the screen, I probably won’t need them anymore.

The front BBA’s get a dedicated LED over them and side lighting from the other two LED Lights. (The light with the flag is almost centered over the BBAs and the other two LED’s are only about 8 inches apart or so.

1 Like

@bob31. I have a question about the undergrowth of the plants. The 3 plants I started aren’t auto, just feminized. Should I take out all the leaves growing on the branches under the top canopy? I won’t be doing a scorg since I’ll have a heater in the tent this winter. 2 Chocolope and one northern lights which you said will all be tall. Not sure if I’ll crop to bush out or what. Will need advice when the time comes. I’ve been watching lots of video’s and all the leaves are usually stripped, branches bare under the branches.

Are you growing them in your tent in the basement @Bobbi If so how will you keep them short enough if you don’t do a SCROG?

You said to crop them

Yes, in tent…No room in tent with heater either

I’m pretty much set up same way
I’m have a few fans but I have a larger area as well
@Bobbi @bob31
I’ll post some pics when I get home a few hours

1 Like