Sick seedlings 3/4" tall

Here are my answers @Bobbi

1. Top of one plant has milky trichomes just the way I want to harvest this plant, some amber on it. It’s a tall plant and my tent has 8 plants in it, very crowded. Bottom of this plant still has white pistils on it? Can I Take the top off and harvest it and leave bottom or would that kill the plant? Anyone tried it?

I haven’t tried it personally but I have read several journals where guys did just that and it worked fine.

1. How low do the TDS levels go when flushing out plants before harvesting? The plant I wanted to harvest I finished flushing today, level was 534. This is also the plants that has lower levels of white pistils.

The TDS out depends on the TDS in. I wouldn’t actually worry about the TDS numbers, with regards to harvesting.

1. How do you store your harvested MJ?

I use wide mouth mason jars and other old jars that have seals. One of my favs is sour kraut jars!

1. Which yields more, auto fem seeds or regular seeds?

IMO fem seeds would because a percentage of the regular seeds are going to be male and you probably wouldn’t keep them.

1. How do you prefer to harvest, with palm leaves on or off. Or otherwise

I cut the fan leaves off, but I don’t wet trim the buds. I leave them to hand for three to 5 days and then trim.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

@bob31 Yes thanks, helps a lot. Especially about harvesting the top, leaving the bottom. So, just take a razor blade and cut the top off and will the stem heal itself over? Same question about storage I asked before, where do you store large amounts of mj, freezer, dark cool places, refrigerator? I don’t use that much of it and I have 8 healthy plants. (4 really, sharing the other 4 with neighbor)

1 Like

any cool dry place should be fine. If they are in jars, put them in boxes or bags to keep them dark. I hear the fridge is ok, but the freezer in not!

I keep mine inside glass mason jars inside a cardboard box under my desk! and my longer term storage is inside the closet where I keep my guns :gun: :palm_tree: :v:

Search this term on google “store-cannabis-lasts-longer” and read the first couple of articles. Very informative and well written!

@Bobbi

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 I found more leaves in the tent with track marks, see pictures of front and back of leaves. What should I do, they are 4 to 4.5 months old . March 15th started from seed. Some have amber started on them, all have cloudy tricombes mostly. Saw a very few clear. I don’t want to put the mite poison on them this close to harvest. Should I start the two week count down on all of them with the darker light schedule? If they have the beginning of mites, will two weeks of not treating them make a difference to the plant? Or should I cut them down and start drying right away before the mites do any damage?

?

2 Likes

@Bobbi that sort of looks like damage from a leaf miner. @Hogmaster

can you post a pic of the damage from the underside again?

I threw it in the garbage, retrieved it but other picture is better.

Post a different pic so I can have a better look @Bobbi I’m not 100% with the angle of the pic and I’m not great with the different insect, but it looks similar to what I have on one of my stargazer lilies.

I’ll go downstairs and look for another one @bob31

@bob31 Sorry, couldn’t find anymore. Those were the only ones I found. I looked up photos of leaf miners and they have a different trail. I’ll post these photos in the pest forum and see if anyone knows what this is. Thanks Bob!

Hi @Bobbi I tagged you over to my grow so you could check out my SCROG. Finally got it done today! Hope all is well!

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 I think I have stressed out two of my last 3 plants to be harvested. They both look funny, like they hermied. One has only brown tassels, one has some white and brown. Both should be ready to harvest by now. A close-up look with scope shows lots of trichomes, mostly cloudy. I can see a few traces of amber, leaves have amber on them. They are both in with the 3rd plants that is soon ready for harvest. Not sure what I should do? THis photo is the one without white pistils

3 Likes

foxtailing maybe @Bobbi, i’m not sure they hermed on you…let us let the pros chime in also.
get your trichs like you like them then harvest,sounds and looks close…lol

1 Like

@Bobbi can you take another pic, closer to each plant. Try to get as good as you can and then post them one per post so we can use the site zoom @Bobbi
@Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @BIGE

Tag us 4 when you post them!

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it hermied to me
I think they are finished
And I believe @BIGE is in point
If it was me I would harvest them and get it into jars it will still smell me just fine just looks a bit funny @Bobbi
Tag me when you get better pics as @bob31 suggested as well

1 Like

Good morning, I don’t see any Amber on the one plant, only cloudy tricombes. A few Amber on the other, should I still harvest both of them? I can do pictures if you still need them but I watched video’s and for sure they fox tailed. Thanks for the head up on foxtailing @BIGE The lights aren’t due to come on until 1 this afternoon, don’t want to interrupt the cycle to take a picture yet. The heat in tent has been extreme, have had 3 fans going and noticed some mold on a few fan leaves too. @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 Last night I took both plants out of tent and put next to dehumidifier, the few spots of white I saw on the palm leaves scared me. Not sure if it penetrated into the bud or not? I also had a fan blowing over the tops of them, hope this was okay. I’m never going to grow pot in the summer again, too much heat and humidity.

1 Like

Ok so then it sounds like heat may have been a factor
Get pictures later when you can and check tricombes again you can let the go a bit longer if needed
They still will be fine to smoke @Bobbi
I could be a challenge to control the heat and humidity with out proper equipment i.e. Ac or dehumidifier I have both available and mostly run the humidifier but will. Red the Ac. On days when outside temps are above 90
Even tho I’m in my basement

1 Like

@BIGE @Countryboyjvd1971 I took out the plant that has amber on it,will harvest it now. Before I start, what should I do about the mold starting on the plant. It’s visible on about 5 palm leaves. On a closer look, a tiny bit of fuzz on a few of the leaves sticking out of colas, none that I can see on the buds. What would you do about that?

1 Like

I washed my buds with lemon juice and baking soda but inhale mold on some of my buds and had to throw it out… Not worth taking a chance with mold… Basically I filled 1 5gal bucket w/ lukewarm water… Added cup of lemon juice and cup of baking soda… Then 1 filled another 5 gal bucket with hot water, as hot as you can get it from your tap… Then another final rinse bucket with ice water… You swish buds in first bucket w/ lemon juice, the swish in hot water bucket, then swish in ice water… Drip dry, the hang… Some folks add some hydrogen peroxide but I didn’t and again, this is just to wash the buds… Not to get rid of mold… If you have any mild growing cut it out and get rid of it… It will make you sick to smoke this!! Hope I helped somewhat @Bobbi

4 Likes

i’m sorry @Bobbi,i’ve never had to deal with mold before…

1 Like