Sick seedlings 3/4" tall

? Every plant is a bit different @Bobbi
I have 11 plants and ph is a problem with two

How crucial is it anyway, Should I mix up the water differently? Maybe 6.4

I would definitely lower your ph on the ones that came out at 7.3 I would try watering with 6ph on those and see if you can get soil/runoff ph down
But only use that low ph on those plants not the ones that are in range @Bobbi
And once they are back in range go back to water phd properly
Oh and Its very crucial low ph or high ph in soil will lock you nutes out

Okay, I did keep track of all the plants and which numbers came from which plant as bob31 recommended so I’ll do that next watering. I noticed some are way ahead of other and didn’t know why, same fox farm dirt, same white widow seed?

Again they are all different hun just like people lol
As long as they are healthy I think your fine
Remember in nature only the strong survive so they will try to out grow each other
Enjoy the fight hahaha

And what does that mean" knock your nukes out"?

Lock you nutrients out lol I fixed typo in above post
When soil is out of ph range plant can’t not draw nutrients in due to lock out conditions caused buy high or low ph
@bob31 has a chart on this I think

One more question, should the run off be between 6.5 and 6.7 then or would it be less after watering your plants?

It should be same or close to what you put in @Bobbi

@Countryboyjvd1971 Do you buy new seed every year or use the seeds that fall out of this years plants?

I actually try not to have seeds thats why I’ll kill every male plant I see :rage::rage:
If you get seeds you have a male in your garden most of us don’t want that we grow sensomila which rufflly translates to with out seed
I buy feminized seeds when I find I need more @Bobbi
But if you do get a few seeds keep them and try to grow them
Plant will occasionally hermi and have both male and female sex organs ? Us

Last year I purchased Northern lights from here, didn’t know what I was doing. Planted outside, terrible luck, just let it grow naturally. The plant didn’t get enough sunlight and of course got infested with mites, didn’t get much harvest. That’s why this year I’m going by the book and asking all kinds of questions. About the seeds, I found 13 seeds from the Northern Lights that fell out. I still have them, actually put them in a dark container and froze them. Not sure if they were usable or not.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread and have learned a lot. I too am a 72 year old granny starting my first grow, @Countryboyjvd1971 and @Hawkeye_diesel and a couple of others have responded to my 2 threads that I posted. This thread is amazing. I’m still needing help on my last one that is Leaves turning yellowish with whitish spots. I have just gotten the growers kit that was recommended to me which contains the PH pen, the humidity and temperature gauge and the TDS gauge. I got what I thought was a bottle of calculating fluid for the PH tester, but it doesn’t say anyhing about what PH it is. The directions say to adjust calibration so that the meter indicates the correct EC or PPM… HUH?? I don’t understand that. How am I supposed to know that? I have included a picture of the bottle. This is probably not where I should be asking this, but since I have read this whole thread, I just want to say that @Bobbi, I think you are awesome and I love the way the guys have helped you so much. You are now my role model… lol!! I am hoping you have a great harvest after all your work. :heart_eyes:

I hope I don’t get in trouble for posting this on your thread.

Leaves of seedlings turning yellowish with whitish spots

@Lornakins ! happy you joined me. I’ve been telling my mentors I’m 72. But my birthday is May 24 TH and I just figured out I’ve been telling everyone I was 72 when in fact I will be 72! So I’ve been 71 all along and didn’t know it. Once you retire, it’s only a number? LOL. I told @Bob31 this should be called granny’s 101 awhile back. So ask any question you still have because I’m in the learning stage as you know too. Country boy has been a huge help too, everyone is so genuine on this forum…ya gotta love them all.

Good morning @Bobbi I just read back through and looks like @Countryboyjvd1971 has helped you with some good help!

Welcome to @Lornakins you have asked some great questions but your questions require a bit of step by step answers and it might be confusing having these in the same topic.

If it’s ok I can ask one of the mods to split that great series of questions off to a new separate topic?

Belly laugh @Countryboyjvd1971 @Bobbi those darn spell checkers think they’re so smart lol

HaHa, it wasn’t the spell checker, it was me. I wrote knock the nukes out because I didn’t know what @countryboyjvd1971 was talking about. The joke was on me. Glad you popped in as I have a electrical question for you @bob31 about the timer you told me to purchase. I have it hooked up to the two big lights but have two smaller ones I have to turn off by hand. I can only plug in two on the timer. How can I plug all 4 into timer? Can I put all 4 lights in a electrical strip, plug the strip into the timer and plug the timer into another electrical strip? I’m not sure if I can do that without blowing fuses? I

And more questions for anyone. I broke the whole top off one of my plants, have it in water, what do I do with it? Do I wait until it forms roots, plant it in dirt right away? Also about the dark times in the tent. As you can see in the photo’s above, it’s not totally dark in tent when the timer shuts the lights off. Red and green light on the electrical strips and also on the electrical heater, is that a big deal?

Thank you @bob31 it would be fine with me, or we can take it up on the thread that I started, titled, “Leaves of seedlings turning yellowish with whitish spots.” I will be posting some more pictures of my baby girls on there, and I have many more questions after reading this thread. I will tag you when I do, if that’s ok. I need to get the PH thing straightened out, and I hope I haven’t locked out nutrients because of too high a PH. My PH up and down kit is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but in the meantime, I don’t know how to calibrate the pen, as the stuff I bought makes no sense at all to me. I would be so grateful for your help and @Countryboyjvd1971 too. You guys are awesome.

Thank you for the nice welcome @Bobbi, like I said, you are my role model. I turned 72 back in March and decided to try to grow my own medicine since I can’t get it where I’m at. I’m out in the country, so I am fairly safe. I wondered if I am the only old lady to try such a thing with no knowledge whatsoever and then I came across you and I was awestruck. I am a widow and live by myself, so I have no one to help me figure things out except for these awesome guys on this site. I didn’t mean to barge in on your thread, but it was so helpful to me, I just had to.
@Countryboyjvd1971, you have helped me on my first thread about moving plants around in the sun. I would be so grateful for your help on the topic I mentioned above. I will tag you too. I have gotten some help from @Hawkeye_diesel, @GrowManFitz and @Majiktoker, but I am still quite confused and seems like I am doing everything wrong. I can’t say enough how much I appreciate the help you guys have given me, but I have a long ways to go. I am so nervous about what I’m doing and I have a lot of money invested in this project and there are so many things that can easily go wrong and there is so much to learn, it is mindboggling! I feel like a brand new mother… lol!

I plug my power strip into my timer. If it isn’t overloaded now then it should be ok, same number of items plug into the same overall source, just a different configuration. @Bobbi
and ok on the quote from cb he comes up with some good ones, so I wouldn’t have been surprised!