Seedling closed up like fly trap

Good enough for me.
So I’m going to follow garrigan’s advice and hopefully we can right the ship! I’ll update in a few days.
As always, many thanks for the support and teaching.

D

From the pics, does it look like she is otherwise doing ok? Thanks!

I am always in and out of the forum.
Iem sure you’ll be just fine.
Just be very careful of her tap root

B Safe
Will

Also, any preferred brands? (Shock treat, seedling soil)
Big thanks!!

I don’t really grow in soil, I do use soil-less media, like coco coir and peat amendments, and that isn’t a lot different than what most people consider soil, and the style of growing in it isn’t much different either, container watering, etc.

Most seedling soils at a local nursery will do just fine, and if you look at the details of the ingredients, it will likely be mostly shredded sphagnum peat moss, and maybe vermiculite and or some pearlite.

Latewood has said he likes “pro-mix bx”. This is a professional peat mixture you can find at many local nurseries and some home depots or Lowe’s.

1 Like

Many thanks for all the info, Mac!
Here is what I went with…

Ya that’s what I was going to say. But Home Depot dose not carry it any more and neither dose Lowe’s I checked . He can google it and find where the nearest place to him is that sells it, but any seedling soil will do.
But any way here’s a pic of the stuff I use. In your case try to get the " Ferti - Lime " Root Stimulator. The Super Thrive is very strong and maybe you shouldn’t use it this time.
I got the Root Stimulator at Home Depo.

Hope this helps

B Safe
Will

1 Like

Ok that’s a good choice also.
Looling forward to your results best of luck

B Safe
Will

1 Like

The home depots in my area have it available “site to store”. I think the really big one near down town and the freeway has them in stock though, I know my local hydro stores keep it in stock as well.

Wow…here told me they didn’t carry it any more.
He must have ment the store here. But I did find an outlet in knoxville

B Safe
Will

24 hrs after transplant…no change so far. (Update)
Leaves still closed up like venus fly trap. Pointing straight up. Any idea when I might see a response from her?

Thank you!!

D

Depending on the damage to the delicate root system and how much it absorbed into its tissues, it may take a while, or it may never recover.

Ok now give her a little time. Wish you the best

B Safe
Will

Roger that…
Fingers crossed.

Do I keep the same light cycle…18/6?

I don’t see why not, I wouldn’t change it.
Hang in there brother.

B Safe
Will

Thoughts based on visual?

So far so good. Give her till Sunday and I think you will be
Ok

B Safe
Will

1 Like

I’m with Garrigan … give her until Sunday at least. Sometimes it takes a few days to bounce back after a transplant. I start my seedlings directly in potting soil for seedlings. I fill my pots with potting soil, then make a hole in the middle and put in the seedling mix … and then plant the seed.

Best of luck … keep the updates coming!
MT

1 Like

As always, thank you Garrigan for the support! Thanks to MT1 as well. I really like your seed planting method!

D