Seed Germination Rate very lot on almost all hybrid Plants I see and have tested?

Can any one tell me is there a reason for so many failed attempts to germinate hybrid marijuana seeds I am an experienced grower and have tried seeds from many companies(have not tried Robert Bergman yet)as I see some customers say that the germination rate is what I call low on some of the feedback.I have grown Crop King seeds they have been terrible low germination rate and some afghan seeds were to be regular and I got auto flower from them and the early miss which they say are 9th generation the so called white widow ?copied from Roberts Bergmans seeds?Are all marijuana seeds becoming crossed so many times that seeds are becoming dead and non fertile.

1 Like

@budsbunny dont know what the problem you are having is. I got my seeds for my grow from Robert and had 100 percent that I did pop right out via the paper towel route. Then got some bag seeds from a friend and put 7 in the towel route and had 6 pop. That group was def bag seed. He sent me around 50 seeds. Some of them were white and imature and some others were tiny and didnt look good, but two that popped were tiny ones so go figure. Only 4 of the bag seeds have made it to seedlings though. 2 were week and didnt really hold on… Got one still trying buts it teeny tiny and dont expect it to do anything, but I have been surprised before.

Dont know if you are just having bad luck with where you are getting your seeds from or what, but most folks that participate here have had good luck with their germs. But most, not all for sure, but most get their seeds from Robert. He sells a good product. Good seeds with good genetics. That makes a big difference and he sells nice healthy seeds. Good luck, and i might suggest you order some seeds from Robert and try them out. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@budsbunny,

I’m, sorry you have had such bad luck.

If you look around on our forum here, you’ll see the majority of growers here using our seeds are having nearly 100% successful germination.

I have been working here for many years helping many people grow very successful crops, and in my experience – most often the reason most people have poor success in germinating their seeds is too much water, which creates a stagnant low oxygen environment in the seed’s germinating media, i.e. paper towel or starter plug, etc.

You could try adding a drop of regular drug store hydrogen peroxide to a cup of water and germinate in the cup of water itself. The same can be done in a starter plug or the paper towel method. This will add much needed oxygen to the germinating environment, and fight the fungi or bacteria that tend to kill a seed before it has a chance to start when in an overly wet environment.

The paper towel method is intended to allow lots of dissolved oxygen from the air to get into the water for the seed, to keep it healthy, but this means keeping it just moist, not overly wet, so there is still some “air space” in the paper towel as well as the water in the paper towel fibers.

Since I have started using just the plain cup (about 8oz) of water with a drop of H2O2, and adding another drop every couple days, until the seed or seeds have sprouted, I seem to have an actual 100% germination rate with Robert’s seeds, even if I have had them in storage for years.

I also have another germination method in a small “bubble bucket” cloner I made, where I put the starter plug in a net pot, and since the water/nutrient solution in the “bubble bucket” is heavily aerated, it accomplishes the same thing keeping O2 levels in the water high and again resulting in nearly 100% germination.

By the way, the only reason I don’t say actually 100% germination, is only because now that I use this method, I only germinate one seed of a starin at a time, as it always sprouts, but I haven’t sprouted the rest of my seeds, so for transparency and complete honesty, I can’t claim 100% germination just yet.

However, one seed in, and one seed germinated is technically 100% germination.

I hope this helps.

Happy growing,

MacG

5 Likes

I’m having a problem with northern lights auto and train wreck, but it’s not a problem because they back their seeds and I’m sure I’ll get replacements. I spent months looking for the right place to buy seeds and get excellent support. @MacGyverStoner

2 Likes

@OldSkunk you will get excellent support here when you buy seeds from here. And even if you dont buy seeds from here. There are really alot of fine people that work at ILGM and even more that are members of this forum.

I use the paper towel method, well, a modified version. I soak my seads in a glass first for 24 hours or less with a mix of water and H202. Almost half and half. Then I put the seeds in the paper towel and use the water and h202 from the glass to moistion the towel. Have had 100 percent popped of Roberts seeds and as I said above, almost 100 percent of bag seeds popping. Using almost half and half water and h202 is safe, I found, and gives them plenty of 02 and definatley kills any thing that would harm the seeds.

It works for me. Other folks might have different results. Thats life. Suggest you try it and see what happens.

2 Likes

I❤GM seeds are freakin awesome! We’re growin strong, healthy beautiful plants!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having bad luck with “other” seeds. You may want to give I❤GM seeds a try…

4 Likes

I have had a problem with one order of seeds not germinating well but that order sat in my mailbox for about 4 hours in -5° so I feel like that was probably a contributing factor but besides that one order I am getting about 95 % germination and I am lazy about it . I soak them in ph 6.5 water till they split ( usually 24hrs.) And poor them with about 2 Tablespoons of water in the dirt and cover them up with a toothpick to pull a little soil over it and mist as needed

1 Like

Your at the right place for the best genetics.

I’ve often wondered what conditions the seeds have had to endure on there journey 1/2 way around the world. I live in the NE US and wonder if it’s best to order in the spring and fall in an effort to avoid the harshest conditions of the summer and winter…

They are ILGM seeds. I bought Trainwreck, gold leaf, and the auto mix pack this time. The northern lights just don’t want to cooperate for some reason. I won’t buy seeds anywhere else but ILGM.
@cyberblast @Oldstoner @MacGyverStoner.

1 Like

Hi @cyberblast
I will try this as well.
I love growing Ganja forum,learnt so much.
It is like going to Ganja University without leaving house. :slightly_smiling_face:

My seeds didn’t germinate, How can I get them replaced. This sight has no contact link. Bad customer service.

Remember, keep it simple! 24-36 hour soak in water “in the dark”. If the seed has sunk its ready to plant. I plant straight into the permanent pot im going to use. If they have yet to sink, give them a gentle tap and see if they do. Remember as well, temperature of the growing medium you plant into is very important for some strains. Once planted, 12 on 12 off. Keep moist but not wet. I’m not sure about quality of where you have been getting your seeds but I❤GM has excellent quality seeds and a great range. They also offer replacement seeds for ones that don’t germinate and they definitely will!!! They are my only choice of supplier for seeds now. Hope I could help a little…