Second guessing my setup

Well GSC (Girl Scout Cookies) was what I’m going after for now. I’m pretty sure that’s what mad me feel like a totally different person. No more anxiety or depression and just had a good feeling on my entire body and I swear I had better balance and control. I’ve read mixed info on what to expect with this strain.

Only starting with 4 plants pretty much goes against my entire way of thinking in that little cabinet. I only know what I’ve been reading but I’m determined to make this work. Sure this will be a hobby at first but ya gotta start somewhere. I was going nuts trying to decide what to start out with so I just picked something simple and started ordering parts.

Now I’ve got a cabinet I can start 4 in, as long as those 4 survive. I’d like to have ample room for at least those 4 to thrive while blooming. The SOG appealed to me at first but topping and SCROG sounds like the best way to get more bud. GSC is reported as being short and bushy so I guess I should have space for each to flourish. Somehow I’ve already got $600 in everything with seeds on the way.

A tent big enough for now and room to grow sounds like a good plan. Damn lights aren’t cheap so any money saving on making lights is desired. I’ve currently chosen general hydroponics trio set for mutes and their ph kit. Clay pebbles in 3” net pots in a tote with dwc and top fed drippers running for a 185 gph submersible. Got 2 12” air stones running to a 2 port air pump. Inside of cab is 6 mil Mylar lined with the mars reflector 48. 2 92mm pc fans for intake and a 4” 190cfm duct fan and 12” carbon scrubber for the exhaust. There’s other odds and ends but that’s the jist of it. Failure is not an option fellas. I gotta make this work to a T.

3 Likes

One idea that may be up your alley is, if u grow 1 gsc and keep her as a mother in one tent for vegging and mothers and then cut clones. Very easy to do. And clones tend to be more uniform, and work perfectly for smaller cabnets using the sea of green method.
The idea is abunch of smaller clones all same sized. Cut clones, let root, veg 3-4wks or less, flip to 12/12 and flower. Then cut more clones and start over as u harvest one batch have another ready to fill your grow box again and so on. You could do more like 12-16 in sog that size easy. Smaller plants but u get mostly all main colas. Nice way to pull alot from small spaces.

1 Like

One other option that may work well for you is like 2 plants in that size box or 4 like u mentioned and the throw a screen over them, and scrog (screen of green) this is a method used to keep a nice even canopy in a limited height space while pulling more the average yeilds. When done correctly people pull amazing harvest with this tech.
Robert/ILGM talkes about all of those methods in his grow bible. Worth downloading if you havent, good info for newbies or pros alike. Good luck. Let me know if u need anything else.

1 Like

Where can I go to find the pieces needed to build a COB light that is quality stuff. What would be an ideal light setup for a 3’x3’ as well as a 4’x4’? My current rig is made for 6 but I’m just using 4 plant sites now so I could use the other 2 drippers for the extra plants.

I just ran a new 20 amp circuit in the basement with some extra 12-2 I had so I could handle a bigger load. I got some cash today so I could order Lights and a tent unless closing in an area with plywood would be a better idea. Found a complete 2 year old 4’x4’setup for $900 but I’m leary of the age.

I probably won’t have the biggest harvest for a while since I’ll be learning so more plants to make up for the lack of buds popping all over would be a good safety net. I want to be sure to last a few months while I’m getting things figured out. I’d also like to grow multiple strains eventually.

1 Like

I just got quantum boards from HLG but if you’re looking to order today then that won’t work cuz they’re sold out almost everywhere you look. I got mine off eBay. I’m bringing in @dbrn32 cuz he helped me pick the best light for my situation :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @MattyBear, I was here earlier but missed the part when he was asking for parts.

1 Like

What do you get for $900? 600 watt hid?

Which way are you going? For a 3x3 If you’re trying to stay cheap I would probably go with 4 vero 29’s or maybe some citizens at 75 Watts. For a 4x4 you could go with 6 at 100 Watts each. Hlg, cobkits, rapid led, cutter electronics, timber grow lights, arrow electronics, digikey, mouser are all led resellers. It really depends on what you want and who has them.

I’m all for helping you out in anyway possible. But it really consumes a lot of time to keep going through the same stuff lol. There’s too many different options for me to name everyone and dissect it on here. If you give me a size of a grow space, budget, and what you plan to accomplish with said light. I will take a look and see what I feel is the best deal I can find for you.

2 Likes

There are certainly limiting factors within strains. But the strain makes no difference if you can’t get healthy plants to harvest. Grower knowledge and ability is everything, and all the fancy stuff won’t mean a thing if you don’t know how and when to apply it.

2 Likes

How about a 4’x4’ for now and lights for a 3’x3’ area so I could upgrade down the road. This way I would have ample room to flower with in say a 9 square area now. Later when I can afford to add more lights then I could. I may not even be able to pull this off but I’m gonna try to piece together a bigger setup. That $900 deal was for a 2 tent set as well. 1 led and 1 hid. Have to check wattage.

Well it’s a 2’x3’ and a 3’x3’. I thought it had a 4’x4’ and a 3’x3’ tent included.

I’m pretty sure you need to remove that link.

1 Like

Just catching up and @dbrn32 has been giving great advice as always.

You may consider two tents: 2 X 4 foot will veg 3 plants for 2 months and you could then move into a 4 X 4 space for flower where you’ll need the space. You can then tailor your lighting and the spectrum to the demand it’s being put to. This would allow you, depending on veg time to harvest every 2 months, give or take. This is what a lot of growers do. And 1/2 pound per plant is not hard.

GSC-X is going to express itself differently with each seed. I have one growing right now that looks like ZERO Indica in it: straight Sativa! So don’t count on low and bushy lol. That’s why techniques like SCROG are good.

1 Like

I apologize for the link. I didn’t realize it was a problem. Did that setup sound like a deal? Just trying to maximize the dollar lol.

1 Like

Those lights seem to be solid, and aren’t cheap. As far as the other stuff goes, got me.

You can check with @Alton66 on the optic 6. Pretty sure he has journal going with one now.

2 Likes

Do you have heat issues? If not, MH might be the way to go…

1 Like

Great idea if it works. Hid is hard to beat on a budget.

1 Like

@Venomous,we’ll pick your brains for your particular space and see if we can get you the best return on your investment.

Well it’s cool year round in a stone basement and it could stand a little heat at times but I prefer led. Just like the longevity of them and back in the day as an electrician’s apprentice I replaced a lot of bulbs and ballasts so I’m not a fan of hps/mh.

1 Like

The Redwood VS over on Timber Grow Lights sounds nice. How much could that light be built for? I’ll build a good light to Dave for the rest of the setup. I’ve still gotta get a larger hyd setup after a light and tent.

@dbrn32 what can a COB for a 4’x4’ be built for? I haven’t had a chance to read up on all things COB as I was avoiding them to keep from getting obsessed with the idea of spending cash i didn’t really want to spend. Also what could I expect to spend on Parts for a 3’x3’. Not dead set on either size but bigger just seems like the logical way to grow. I wouldn’t mind ordering some things today if I can narrow down my options.