Second Grow White Widow Inside using soil

It just doesn’t work, I’ll come back later

@BobTheBuilder I should’ve read your journal before I reacted, sorry. I just noticed this goldish brown discoloration, kind of speckled on some big leaves. Not as bad as some of yours, more like the first pic. Could’ve happened before, new growth is good. So it’s ph problem. My meter is expensive, only few months old and calibrated. Ph is good according to meter 6.8 or below but I see I should have it lower cause of ffof? @bob31… no other plants have this that I can see. I’ll take pic later, just need to know about ph being lower than 6.8 in ffof. Thanks

I would ph around 6.3-6.5

1 Like

Thank you. All this time I was told 6.8… Shouldn’t harm plants now after all this time right? I’ve been using 6.8 ph since the life of the plants.

Just another question, lol… I only have one 5 gal bag and the rest are 3 gal bags. Do you think I’ll need to transplant the 3 gal bags? Will they be ok until harvest and keep growing? I put my finger in soil to check and hit some roots, farther away from center of plant, towards edge of bag. Just don’t know if they’re root bound and what everyone else does with smaller bags :woman_shrugging:

@bonnie1
You should be checking your runoff PH, and then adjust your watering PH to maintain 6.3 to 6.8 runoff.

Autos only need a 3gallon pot, but photos should be put in a 5gallon pot.
What size pots are they in now?

Big Bud is in 5 gal bag and the rest are in 3 gal bags. Two plants aren’t pot bound I know for sure but not sure about others. I don’t have autos. I really don’t have room for bigger plants. I thought this would be good for my first grow and it was suggested to use 3 gal or 5 gal bags. I’m going to check the bottom tomorrow for roots. I don’t know how to do the runoff. I’m not doing nutes right now. In ffof during veg don’t always need nutes and already had nute burn. Don’t think I need it yet but I have ff big bloom and ff tiger bloom. If plants are doing well was told don’t need nutes, I don’t know

1 Like

Hey Hogmaster how are you? Should I be transplanting my girls to bigger bags? I really don’t want massive plants cause don’t have room now with two tents. The girls are growing big in these bags. Big Bud is a week behind amnesia haze. Amnesia haze is in 3 gal and big bud 5 gal and big bud is just as big as amnesia haze. What to do :woman_shrugging: I’m not really doing nutes. They scare me and the girls look good. It’s ok in veg right? Don’t know about runoff. Did it once but forgot. I think I put 3tsp big bloom and 2tsp grow big in gal water, checked ph, then adjusted it to 6.5. What difference does it make when it goes through the soil… how would you correct it? Should I be doing this?

1 Like

@bonnie1 Yeah you can keep them in the cloth pots they will just be smaller The clock parts are nice it will keep it from getting root bound as per pH I normally go between 6.3 and 6.8 6.5 is the sweet spot regardless I think you should be fine your good on your nutrients I go by the direction and Feed full power as per directions if that scares you give it 1/2 of what it calls for you will get so much more with nutes

1 Like

What about this runoff thing. What a pain in the ass! :joy: lol… I have six good size plants so in order to do the runoff I will have to bring them upstairs to my kitchen or downstairs to my kitchen for the other tent, either way I’ve done it and it took me all day what difference does it make if you already adjusted ph with nutes after you apply and it runs through how would you change it? I just read about ffof soil has bugs and that really upsets me. I don’t have any at all and haven’t seen any. I got my soil at the local hydro store, with a new huge bag stored in my basement still. I’ve tried 3 soils, what’s up with that? :-1:

I’ve never had bugs in mine if they look good don’t worry about the run off

Ok. Sometimes I think there’s something wrong but it’s the nute splatter or just from nutes, I don’t know… plus hard to get good pic of it. I just get paranoid cause I’ve seen how quick beautiful plants can turn. I’m going to do nutes this week 1/2 the dose. My girls do look good and growing fast. I have no bugs but will be aware now. I’m setting up scrog by weekend, maybe in both tents and will take pics no matter how they come out. Thanks so much for listening and your advice :grimacing::seedling:

3 Likes

@bonnie1…just let them grow

@patsbasement…looking good! Still quite a bit of time is needed …your just starting to flower! My second grow is finished and in jars…I got 2.25 oz from 2 girls. I’m a happy camper! Won’t be doing another grow until the fall. I have too many jars filled!

3 Likes

@Kapelady
Hey there neighbor I have been harvesting my 4 WW for the last 2 weeks what a lot of work! I will have about 6oz of grade A stuff and 3 ounces of what I call grade B which is all the popcorn buds,etc…and my honey likes the grade B cause it’s a lower dose
I win!

3 Likes

@Patsbasement sounds like a win-win for you and your honey!!

3 Likes

@patsbasement…wow…how do you get that much from your ww plants? I only got 2.25 oz from 2 plants and I thought I was doing good! Let me in on your secret! lol

Blue light and red light. Red light makes them think their at the top of the canopy. Blue light goes through the leaves but red doesn’t. Blue says I’m not at top of canopy

1 Like

Sorry to mislead you @Kapelady I have 6 WW not 4 and got that yield I had a very full tent with 6 and would not do it again live and learn!

2 Likes

@fever…Yes that’s what I use