SCOTTS BRAND bought out Dutch Masters?!?

So do you have a formula or should I just believe it?

Did you ever hit a wet tennis ball ?

Will the water stick to the ball as its moving ?

In my tests it didn’t, but maybe if the rapidly spinning object is big enough this changes the physics somehow?

I mean I couldn’t get it to go a thousand miles an hour, probably got it to go and 50 or so, I never had much of a serve, but I couldn’t get the water to stick for anything

…and the air around it, the atmosphere made this whizzing noise as the ball passed through it ?

No formula. But you can measure many such things by repetition and observation. Swipe the same hand by the same hair at different temperatures, humidity, elevation, or seasons. There will be consistent changes related to the changes in the control variable that are repeatable. Because the control changes effect the properties of the air molecules separating the two. Science does a pretty good job of explaining why. But it can never disprove pure stubborn belief or faith. I’m pretty sure your as stuck on not seeing my point, as I am at not understanding yours. Guess that’s why your Paranorman.lol

2 Likes

Not at all I understand your point very well, it’s what I was taught back in grade school its pretty fundamental

Frankly I was surprised to find out how many people are interested in this type of thing and how many people are well well on their way to find them the truth because it’s out there and it’s the forest for the trees

These are things that are easily demonstrated, but if I were to speak of any truly paranormal things here, well I mean look at how this is going over LOL

If I told you about my experiences with mufon or with my (ex) paranormal group then that would be things …I mean I wouldn’t ask you to believe that stuff (I hardly do) but these other things, if you earnestly do your own legwork I have a suspicion what answer you’ll come too

Full disclosure, I was kind of taking the pulse of the room, I’m compiling some notes and I was just throwing a few things out for feedback

thank you all for your input I appreciate it very much and I hope in some way if nothing else I have either made you think or giving you a good laugh, hopefully both :slight_smile:

4 Likes

General Hydro and Bonicare bought by Scott’s Miracle Grow and Monsanto own them all !!!

Take a ball, spin it, put water on it. Gravity should still be operating since it’s a “Law of physics.”

I’m not trying to be a smart ass. I thought I was going crazy when I tried to open my mind to the thought.

I’m sorry, but we have to be stationary. We have navigated by the stars for millennia because they haven’t changed. If we were circling the sun, in an ever expanding universe, that would be impossible. The shape of every constellation would change throughout the year, every year.

Polaris is still in the same place it has always been. That’s how we get those cool time lapse photos of the stars. Just think about it. Eliminate all you have been told and just look around you.

It was hard for me to come to terms with too. Realizing that much that I was taught was a lie was almost too much for my mind to handle. I’m a rational man. Things are making much more sense now.

“The heavens declare His glory.”

2 Likes

Lol. When I was a teen, we bought an ounce driving down 441 to Orlando @60 MPH. Doesn’t make your point but is still a cool memory.

1 Like

Fluoride side effects, maybe.

`

1 Like

It was hard for me to come to terms with too. Realizing that much that I was taught was a lie was almost too much for my mind to handle. I’m a rational man. Things are making much more sense now

" ain’t it funny how you feel when you’re finding out it’s real "

Would love to hear about some of the crazy stuff you’ve experienced. I need to rest from this Matrix line of conversation for a day. Lol! BTW, tell somebody that cares at MUFON, that they’d get more reports, if they fixed that jacked up website. Spent almost an hour trying to file a report before giving up. It’s worse than a government site. Lol

1 Like

Okay, I’m just skimming, but I saw something about light bending and thought I’d chime in, since I have some expertise here. I took physics in college, so when I had to do some research at work once to explain how CDs and DVDs work, I pulled out my old college physics textbook and found the answer:

The basic premise is, light travels in a straight line until it passes over the edge of a piece of material (like the edge of the slits), then it bends slightly, enough to cause the light waves to interfere with themselves, which subsequently results in phase cancellation. In CDs and DVDs, the depth of the pits on the surface of the disc are exactly 1/4 of the wavelength of the light of the laser. So when the light “bends” around the edge of the pit, it travels 1/4 the wavelength of the laser light on its way to the bottom of the pit, is reflected, and bounces back another 1/4 wavelength. At this point, it has “bent” and reflected back a total of 1/2 the wavelength of the light, which makes it exactly 180 degrees out of phase with the light it meets coming down from the laser into the pit. Being out of phase means destructive wave interference takes place and the two waves (the incoming light and the light reflected back from the bottom of the pit) cancel each other out. The “reader” in the laser disc player then measures the amount of reflected light it receives back (the “lands” on the disc reflect back fully, and are read as “1s,” while the “pits” cancel the light waves out, and are read as “0s”) and that’s how it “reads” data.

Hope that makes sense! Oh and here’s the Allegory of the Cave! :slight_smile:
https://web.stanford.edu/class/ihum40/cave.pdf

1 Like

Thank you very much for that. Actually both bits of information.

The bending of light, I get. It explains to me the water mirage in the distance taking place over low sections. I also know they are using that to advance camouflage. It doesn’t confirm a globe to me.

I understand the arguments because I had them with myself as I was attempting to open my mind to something that went against everything I had ever been taught by everyone I knew for my entire life.

::chuckling::
My son and I had a three week long discussion, with him getting mad as hell at times. Then he started pointing out some very valid points about things I hadn’t even considered. Surprisingly, he felt it was new perspective that just made sense when he looked at it objectively. He likes to disagree with me just because.

I say new perspective even though 500 years ago it was common belief world wide.

After reading the story, I just didn’t see it as trying to contradict religion. Of course, with my family background and own experiences, I see it as a very beautiful telling of my Lord setting a captive free.

MHO

I enjoy thought provoking discussions. Whether the thoughts can be agreed on or not doesn’t concern me. Exercising the mind in the search for truth is what I care about.

The attempt to control another’s thoughts is the first step to tyranny.

There are many “laws of physics” though @FloridaSon, like, for every action there is a reaction. As well as, centrifugal force. I don’t think anyone can deny the truth of those. Tie a rope to the end of a water bottle, swing it around in a circle. The water will be forced to the bottom until the momentum stops.

A ball does not have its own gravity! No object other than earth has its own gravity, and other planets. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t exist.

How could water ever sit on a spinning ball lol? If you’re making this as an example to the planet earth, then you’re not even close to being accurate, not trying to sound rude here! But how could you possibly relate a ball spinning to the planet? That ball has no atmosphere. It has no moving land mass. It has no living matter on it. Water is not being dropped onto earth from outer space lol? It’s here, and it’s stuck here.

And really, if you think about it, how do you explain aquifers underground? If water wants to be “level”, why is it in pockets under the ground? Sea level is where it is because of the land. More water, higher sea level. Less water, lower sea level. This doesn’t mean the actual level-ness has changed though. Just the amount of water.

Tiny correction, you’re right in that balls and people don’t have MUCH gravity, but actually, everything does have “some” gravity. It’s directly correlated to size though, and since nothing else on earth compares in size to earth, things don’t “appear” to have gravity.

I have a college science background (switched from engineering to biology before landing in media/comm), so I have a really solid understanding of the Big Bang and how gravity is responsible for the formation of the stars and the rest of the universe.

Basically, gravity is the reason we have a universe. Gravity is what causes all stars to eventually collapse under their own density and explode into supernovas, which are the phenomena responsible for creating all the elements of the periodic table. Every element we have that allows the creation of life and all matter is the result of the nuclear explosion of hydrogen in billions of stars over billions of years.

Pretty !@#$ing fascinating shit, now excuse me while I hit this bowl! :wink:

3 Likes

it is fascinating. wish I were hitting a bowl with you…but being a west coast guy I kinda prefer to roll…
I am so looking forward to getting my first grow completed…well,…started,…then completed, lol.
Have not smoked since 1999, then 1989 prior to that…really looking forward to getting a crop in and being able to roll a doobie whenever I want.

2 Likes

Ha! Actually, I just rolled my first “cone joint” with king size papers and a cardboard tip! But mostly I’ve always used small bowls and one hitters to conserve. Now that I’m growing, I can afford to “waste” a little more with Js! :wink:

3 Likes

lmao… I learned to roll a J when I was about 7 or so…fairly good at it. Due to a horrible misunderstanding I once had to spend a few weeks in a county hotel in Virginia,…apparently those east coast fellas don’t roll… I made a killing rolling up TOPS for everybody…I would just roll them twenty smokes and keep the rest…in just a few days I had five complete packs of smokes to trade, lol.
never have really been into pipes,…always a bit harsh for me… have had a few bongs that hit really good

1 Like

Yeah, my understanding is that any object with mass has gravity, and gravity is relative to the mass of an object.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m a big one hitter guy. Usually smoke by myself, and seems silly to burn good bud while I’m holding my breath. Lol

1 Like

I may be looking into a single hitter soon…mostly for discretion purposes

1 Like

I love them. Been using one hitters and dugouts for about 18yrs now. Still love a nice bong blast tho