Rugar's World: Operation Adoption Services

@Ray4x
Ive been :scissors: happy all morning! LOL
Still have one more to cut indoors but she is still to small.

@Rugar89

lol I see that. Somebody is scissor happy!

Nice fim job. I think I’m going to fim my babies instead of top. Probably going to attempt a scrog.

2 Likes

I would do one gallon ph’d water and a teaspoon or two of the big bloom and grow big.

@Rugar89

You were smart starting off the way you did.
But with 9 true sets of leaves your fine using nutrients but in this case start slow and work your way up to full strength. This way between feedings you’ll be able to see any side-a- fects.
Tag me so i can keep track of your progress ok?

Will

3 Likes

@garrigan62
What would you think about doing as @bruinsfan33 suggested and start with 1 tsp each of Big Bloom and Grow Big, and add it to 1 gallon of water to get them started today? I watered to run off this morning, so this afternoon give them one more gallon to start them on the nutes.

I saw that and ment to tell you to leave the bloom out for now she is in veg not flower o

Will

I read somewhere that you aren’t watering the plants; you’re watering the soil. Growing 2 together in a 10 gallon pot is like growing 2 independently in two 5 gallon pots; or like 1 plant in a 10 gallon pot. I’ve got some growing together, and they act almost like one plant. I think the ladies are used to sharing soil in the wild, and mine are perfectly healthy growing together in a single pot.

I’ve been a bit more aggressive with the Big Bloom, following the directions on the label, as opposed to the directions on the FF feeding schedule. If I were you, I would go ahead and water/feed 1 gallon at a time, as bruinsfan suggested. But I would feed twice a week, alternating 4 TABLEspoons of Big Bloom (light feed) with 8 tablespoons of Big Bloom (heavy feed). Slightly less than 1 Tablespoon of Grow Big for light feed; slightly more than 1 Tablespoon of Grow Big for heavy feed. That’s worked for me anyway.

Big Bloom is pretty mild stuff (0,0.5,0.7). I don’t think you’re going to burn 'em with it. Maybe you’d feel more comfortable starting lighter, and that would probably be prudent. But don’t be afraid to be a bit more aggressive later.

My humble opinion anyway . . .

There’s the big bloom and the super tiger bloom. During veg the chart has you combining the big bloom and grow big. Also though I would listen to the experts lol

1 Like

So Big Bloom shouldn’t be confused with Tiger Bloom. When the plants start flowering, you move away from Grow Big and towards Tiger Bloom. But Fox Farms suggests you use Big Bloom throughout the grow.

“Big Bloom is gentle enough to use throughout all stages of plant growth.”

@arpeggio

Are you sure about the TABLE SPOON feeding for Grow Big? Instructions on bottle calls for TEA SPOON feedings.
Big Bloom calls for TABLE SPOONS.

1 Tablespoon = 3 Teaspoons. Light feed 2 to 3 teaspoons (slightly less than 1 tablespoon). Heavy feed – 4 teaspoons (slightly more than 1 tablespoon.)

The instructions on the label are a bit different than the feeding schedule that FF publishes. The feeding schedule is more conservative.

(I just pull a tablespoon out when I’m feeding the girls and forego the teaspoon – so I don’t have to get TWO utensils dirty! It’s not an exact science, I don’t think . . .)

1 Like

@arpeggio

Here is how I’m going to look at this.

They were dropped off on me as unwanted orphans.
They were planted in dirt full of rocks probably from a field somewhere, and put in the same hole, where they have roots choking the crap out of each other.
I pulled them out of a root bound pot, laid them on a concrete deck, and sprayed the crap out of them with a water hose. Them pulled them apart as far as I could when going into their new home.
Then left them out in direct sunlight for days while they were still in shock and heat stressed them.

And after all of this they still came back and have lots of new green growth.

These ladies are survivors. (hope they are ladies!)

Lets do this!

Half nutes to start with starting today!

2 Likes

$2.00 at Dollar General :laughing:

3 Likes

@Majiktoker
What is the max amount of Rhino Skin that you think I should be working up towards for these attached twins? I should I be feeding it every time I water?

Nice! That’ll keep the wife from rolling her eyes when you use the kitchen stuff! :smile:

2 Likes

Haha I just bought my wife new measuring spoons. Little did she know it was so I could use the old!!

@Rugar89
@arpeggio

3 Likes

@Ray4x @arpeggio
I stopped and got those on the way home from picking up nutes yesterday. For 2 bucks it wasn’t worth the fight! :roll_eyes:

'I even put the larger ones that I wont be using in the kitchen for extra brownie points! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

About once a week and being two id start with 3/4 tsp

@Majiktoker
Thank You.

1 Like