Rugar's World: Operation Adoption Services

8/21/17 Water/Feed Day

PH In 6.7 PH Out 6.3 (PH wants to stay 6.3 even though I bump it .1 every watering)
PPM In 1410 PPM Out 1430 :grinning:

Added:
4tbs Big Bloom
1tsp Grow Big
4tsp Tiger Bloom
Forgot to add Rhino Skin
To two gallons of water

4 days since last watering and the girls were a little droopy today.
Not a single spec of a yellow leaf tip after last feeding, so added a little Grow Big back in to raise the PPM slightly more.
Looking super healthy and green, flowers continuing to grow in, and not a single leaf showing even a hint of yellow.
Makes me smile just looking at them!

Now for some opinions please? That was the third Watering with feed in a row. Should I just continue with the feed? Or should I just water next time? I know at some point I’m going to need to flush, so should I just keep feeding until they show signs of nute lockout with a higher PPM runoff then usual? Not sure what to do now. Once again, I don’t want to screw this up!

@arpeggio @Screwauger @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @Majiktoker @peachfuzz @bruinsfan33 @Ray4x

5 Likes

I feed water water feed

2 Likes

Like I said on my journal, I go water feed water feed. Of course the 7 gallon pots don’t dry out much. Ultimately it’s whatever your plants can take right?

1 Like

That’s exactly what I do as well @Hogmaster :+1:

1 Like

I don’t think there’s one right answer. If the ladies are doing well, then you’re on a good path.

3 Likes

Don’t ask me I feed as much as I can start to flush hydro is like having plants on a feeding tube and IV and in soil I am more the feed feed water during flower but using pro-mix and GH nutes not FF

2 Likes

Sorry for intrusion but what is FFOF & Micos. Thanks for teaching. My son has a similar situation

1 Like

FF is the Brand Fox Farms. OF Is Ocean Forest a type of enriched soil. They also make HF for Happy Frog. etc

Mycos is the abbreviation but the full name is Mycorrhizae

The best definition from growers gold website “mycorrhizae (pronounced My-cor-rye-zay) refers to a group of fungi which form a mutually beneficial relationship with many plants. These fungi grow either inside of a plant’s roots or attach to the surface of a root”

@PHamm

6 Likes

Thank you; learning this is so interesting.

3 Likes

What is GH, please? Why do u prefer it?

I think is general hydroponics :arrow_right:GH or GHE

2 Likes

General hydro is one of the oldest least changed and most consistant nutrient companies they aren’t made just for pot they just happen to work really good for it. Being 3 parts for base nutrients they are easily adjustable non organic they are very stable so shelf life and storage is simpler and they work for everything hydro not just weed so have a long reputation for good quality. FF and AN are newer companies use lots of organics tailored more for pot but also less stable more expensive and cheaply produced :wink: not to say they don’t work but they have shorter shelf life and cost far more for same results and very few GH users have ph issues which are product related so when ph swings it’s plant that causes it and a indicator of an issue coming or need to adjust nutrient dosing

7 Likes

On another note General Hydro rocks for veggies and has been used in space :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

8/28/17 Water/Feed Day

PH In 6.8 PH Out 6.3
PPM In 1830 PPM Out 1430
Added:
4tbs Big Bloom
2tsp Grow Big
4tsp Tiger Bloom
2tbs Rhino Skin
To Two Gallons Water

Didn’t log the last watering 3 days ago of straight water which was at 4 days between watering. Plants were REALLY droopy and ended up with some dried out leaves. They will bounce back as usual.

5 Likes

8/30/17 Water Day

PH In 6.6 PH Out 6.1
PPM In 240 PPM Out 930
Two Gallons straight water

Looking like its time for a major flush this weekend.
I cant seem to get the runoff PH back up.
Its been so hot here this week Im having to water way more often.

3 Likes

Sounds good! Have to keep the girls cool. During their progress while growing do you typically find that they demand more water in flower than when they were vegging? (I can’t remember precisely how far along your plants are at the moment) @Rugar89

I’m such a newb, what is the pH supposed to be for run off in soil grow? Also run off for ppm? I tested mine and pH in was 6.6 and out 7.1, ppm in 180 & out 900. Is that good or bad?

Yes they are taking up more water now that they are flowering, but its been so hot here the past week (111deg today) that a lot of is evaporation.

1 Like

@Spots
Runoff PH should be 6.5 for soil. Your PPM runoff is showing that you do still have some nutes left in your soil. You could probably add a more little more next watering.

3 Likes

I’ve had the same issue with low ph runoff last grow… @Rugar89… Your in ffof? Can’t remember… I’ve started adding a little pulverized lime, letbitbdissolve in 1 gallon of water for a day or more… Then I ph’d the water and added it to my WW this grow… Wondering if the ffof is not buffering their soil?

1 Like