Rugar's World: Operation Adoption Services

@Hogmaster

How many tops would it be safe to take at once?

1 Like

I’m a one time fim or one time top person I don’t like topping more than that i’m sure you can take a couple off with no problems

1 Like

A couple sounds good, they are still in a bit of recovery and you don’t want to stress them too much. Couple from each lady.

2 Likes

@Hogmaster @Screwauger

Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Clearly – you handled the crisis correctly! Congratz, brother!

1 Like

@arpeggio
Thank you sir!
But unfortunately the crisis was once again my own doing. But if nothing else comes out of this grow, I’ve gotten a crash course in outside growing, and have learned a lot about what NOT to do and how to fix it if I do. In part mostly from all the help I’ve received from all of you!
Never was really interested in growing outdoors until the twins came along. But now I’m looking forward to having at least two Monster Plants outdoors next year, just to see how big I can get them do grow. Something I cant to indoors.

4 Likes

So another thought. I read somewhere (I read a bunch, but can never remember where a read something!) that you should take leaves that are less than 100% healthy off of the plant. This is because pests attack weakness – so removing the weaker leaves help make your plant less susceptible to pests. Also don’t leave dead leaves on top of the soil in your pots for the same reason – they just attract insects. So I’d suggest cleaning up the dead leaves, leaving the fresh growth to flourish.

Hey. Just sayin’. . . :wink:

2 Likes

@arpeggio
I cleaned off all the dead and dying growth on the healthy one last weekend. Topped in two places as well.
Cleaned up a lot on the other one, but was so much I didn’t want to leave it to bare. But the other now has so much growth I was going to finish trimming today but it poured down raining all afternoon. Today was also supposed to be water and feed day. Since I didn’t know it was going to pour today, (104deg and raining hard in So Calif. WEIRD) when I got home from work the fabric pot is soaked! The Twins look great, but now no idea what my PPM or PH levels are since they just got flushed again. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah, so we were thinking alike. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how important the ph or ppm is, . . . if your plants are looking healthy and growing. I kinda think rain is good for them – kind of washes 'em off; gives 'em a shower! And random ph water isn’t bad for them. (Hell, it’s water!) It’s just not optimal for the absorption of some nutrients. But hey, no worry – catch those nutes on the next watering!

PPM I still can’t quite figure out. I think it’s only important when there’s a problem. So for me, it is so obvious that my girls just love every feeding. So why would I NOT feed if the ppm was too high or too low? I’m currently of the opinion that if your plants are doing well, you don’t need to worry about ppm. But if they AREN’T doing so great . . . then the ppm readings could lead you to the source of the problem.

2 Likes

A couple updated photos of the twins. Looking all healthy and happy again! Hope I can keep them this way this time!

!

!

!

@arpeggio @Screwauger @Ray4x @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @bruinsfan33 @Hogmaster @Majiktoker @Myfriendis410 @GetbackJoJo

12 Likes

Nice! Great job, really coming along Looking good

1 Like

WOW, they really came back well! Awesome job on that

1 Like

Incredible recovery! They look great!

1 Like

8/3/17 Water/Feed day

PH In 6.5 PH Out 6.5
PPM In 1080 PPM Out 940

1tbs Big Bloom
1 1/2tsp Grow Big
1tbs Rhino Skin

Nice training job @Rugar89
I’m with @Hogmaster on the topping and fimming thing once per cycle for me as well
ibe topped plants 3 times in the past just to see It works had to support the tops later in the grow she couldn’t hold her self up ? In the end 1 time is enough for me :+1:
Keep up the great work brother

1 Like

8/8/17 Water/Feed Day
PH In 6.5 PH Out 6.4
PPM In 970 PPM Out 1250

Added:
2tbs Big Bloom
2tsp Grow Big
2tbs Rhino Skin
Two gallons water in.

!

!

!

Is this showing pre-flower?

@Countryboyjvd1971 @arpeggio @Screwauger @Majiktoker @garrigan62 @Donaldj @Hogmaster

4 Likes

It’s not a clear picture, but . . . pre-flower? You’re in flower bro!

You’ve got two ladies who have moved from veg to flower . . .

1 Like

Never showed any pistils. And its only the one. Now if the other one is male… :nauseated_face:

Nope. They’re both in flower.

1 Like