Rugar's World: Operation Adoption Services

Holy mackerel batman!

1 Like

Couldn’t even imagine that, I bit6h about 110 and 80%

2 Likes

That’s crazy weather. Where is this the Sahara?

What does SCROG mean? I’ve seen this several times

1 Like
2 Likes

Have any of you guys tried using the Fox Farms Bush Doctor insect repellant for flying insects?

I’m having a issue with a few different types of flying insects on the girls now, and they are starting to leave holes in the leaves. Some of them just look like tiny house fly’s, some are clear in color, some are blue, others look like nats. Ive even seen a couple of bees.
I really don’t want to cover the girls in DE if I don’t have to. Wondering if you guys think this would work if I misted them down with a spray bottle a couple a times a week. This stuff isn’t cheap, but its a concentrate and says 1 quart will make 25 gallons, so should last for a long time.

https://foxfarmfertilizer.com/item/bush-doctor-force-of-nature-insect-repellent.html

Other thought was Neem Oil, but is it thin enough to be sprayed on with a spray bottle? Can it be mixed with water being it is a oil?

@garrigan62 @Majiktoker @Countryboyjvd1971 @bob31 @Hogmaster @peachfuzz @Screwauger

I’m not growing in soil but I use neem oil. I mix it with warm water and an equal part of dish detergent (this is on the bottle). I use two different sprayers one is a pump mister and the other just a spray bottle. The detergent helps the oil and water mix so I just shake and go. Neem suffocates pests though so it will not touch larvae or other stages of dev. so need to spray often,.

1 Like

Have not tried that and yes need oil has to be mixed with water, straight neem oil can burn your plants

2 Likes

@Screwauger
I mixed a strong solution of just Dawn dishing washing soap a few hours ago, and sprayed the crap out of the girls.
Just went and checked and didn’t see anything on them now, but the wind is blowing now so that may be why the fly’s are not there.

The girls now have some leaves as big as my hand, and I don’t want them destroyed!

@Majiktoker @Screwauger

So how much ratio of Neem Oil to water? 50/50 mix?

2 oz’s of neem oil to 1 gallon of water and 5 to 10 drops of dawn dish soap… @Rugar89 :wink:
@SourD … AZ
:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz

Thank you sir!

Just ordered this.

https://www.amazon.com/Southern-Triple-Action-Neem-Oil/dp/B004QJ33AA?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Good luck. I-love-growing-marijuana . . . but the pests I (we) could do without.

1 Like

I usually by the neem oil from wallmart… it’s way cheaper I believe… I will have to see what the size of the bottle is… I get back to you… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If you want your bees to pollinate use the neem. DE will kill anything softbody. It’s also not good where children or pets might inhale it. Mask & glasses or eye protection is recommended when using. Insecticidal soap would be my choice. It’s ecofriendly & safe for beneficial insects.

Lowes carries a small size Neem

7/12/17 Water Day (This is a day late posting. Watering and photos taken last night)

PH In 7.2 PH Out 6.5
PPM out 950
Straight water

Posted last weekend about the fly problem I was having. Well I misted the girls down with just Dawn mixed with water in a spray bottle. BIG MISTAKE! The leaves dried after sitting in the sun, and now the girls are in terrible shape. I sprayed them both down and got all the soap, but leaves and complete stems are falling off them both.

Not sure what to do at this point. I watered to runoff last night, but was afraid to add any nutes or Rhino Skin. I got the neem oil today but not sure if I should spray them down with it or not at this point.
Any suggestions?
@Majiktoker @garrigan62 @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Screwauger @Hogmaster @peachfuzz

3 Likes

The rhino,skin wouldnt hurt

3 Likes

@Majiktoker @Hogmaster
Should I hold off on the neem oil?