Rugar's World: Operation Adoption Services

These were dropped off to me last night from a friend of a friend. I don’t know ANYTHING about them. Pot was extremely dry when dropped off so I watered at PH 6.5 until runoff last night. No idea what the soil is. It does have some perlite mixed in. They are so root bound that the drain hole in the bottom is totally packed with roots, and I had to push my finger in the drain hole for the water to start flowing out. They are planted so close together will I even be able to separate them without killing them? How do I get them apart without destroying the roots?

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @Majiktoker @Capt_Seeweed @Ray4x @Screwauger @garrigan62 @Laurap

My indoor journal is located here:

http://ilgmforum.com/t/rugars-world-the-adventures-into-my-new-hobby/11968?u=rugar89

1 Like

5 Likes

First off, be careful if they have not been sexed.

I think I would keep them just like that, repot them in an oversized container 10+ gallon smart pot maybe and plant a good 6 inches of those stems beneath the soil. Then continue to train them to grow apart as they are doing (of course me, I would scrog them if they are both female’.

Just my shoot from the hip comment. Your mileage may vary!

2 Likes

First thought was leave together, second thought what if one is female and one is male, then what? LOL

1 Like

You’re gonna have babies… :wink:

2 Likes

Also boo, make sure they don’t have any insects on them. Quarantine before you put with girls and make sure they’re girls or ya gonna have babies

4 Likes

My girls are in a tent in the house. These wont be going in the house other then the 10 mins or so that they were last night when he brought them over. They will stay outside in the backyard.

6 Likes

If you try to repot them in different pots it’s a high chance the roots are tied together being that close and at that height they’re at now, so if you do this be SUPER careful doing so. But my opinion I’d leave them together but like @Rugar89 said what if one is male and other is female? You’re gonna have a lot of seeds what u could do probably just wait until you know the sex of them both for sure and then whatever one is a male just go ahead and cut it off as close to the base as you can and get rid of it before it pollinates however if they both are a female they are perfect together. But maybe @M4ur has some input on this also. He’s done a GREAT job helping me with issues I’ve had with my girls.

2 Likes

Great idea!
I would appreciate any tags to those that you guys think could help with advise on what to do.

I just went out and dug down in the soil at the base of the stems. A few inches below the surface they are even closer together, probably touching. Someone probably planted two seeds in the same hole when the grow was started.

Now wish I hadn’t watered them last night. Soil is to moist to try transplanting them today. Soil seems to be heavy in peat moss.
@Stoner_Cody420

1 Like

Outside will accelerate evaporation…give them a day to dry out first… :smirk:

Hey @Rugar89 you could start a help ticket and the mods will spread the word around. I don’t know enough experts to tag anyone but, I would start to train them away from each other with LST and grow them as is. Cut out the one that grows gonads (if it does). If not, you support each main stem (going in different directions out of the pot) and plan to feed them regularly since together they will chew up the beneficial’s in the soil pretty quickly.

This not to supersede giving them a X-plant into a larger container.

Just my three cents.

2 Likes

Just got back from the Hydro store with a 10 gallon fabric pot and another bag of FFOF.
Since I have no idea what the soil is that they are in, wondering if it might be best to pull them out now while the soil is moist, as it should mostly fall away from the roots, and then replant straight into the FFOF. Will they go into shock if I expose their roots? This way I can also have a closer look at the stem base and see if they could be separated. They are fairly big and healthy looking.

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @Majiktoker @garrigan62 @Screwauger @Capt_Seeweed @Laurap @Stoner_Cody420 @latewood

2 Likes

They will go into shock for a day or so… :wink:
You can take a water hose and hose the crap out of them and then you can see what your working with. … they will either come apart or they won’t , but at least you will know there in good soil , with no critters in there from here on out… :wink:
Don’t be scared , they will bounce back… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You beat me to it lol. I think you are right on the money.

1 Like

I used to garden outdoors and my gramps was a farmer. I have always used a 1/4 strength liquid fert solution to water in my transplants. It’s good practice to ward of shock and to give the plants a little healing juice; although there are more modern ways with things like Great White or other rooting/transplanting products.

1 Like

I have to agree with @peachfuzz on this @Rugar89.

Roots were just to entangled together to separate. But I did get them separated a small amount at the bottom of the stems. Sprinked Mykos on roots and in the soil around the roots and finished filling pot with FFOF. The tied each plant both dirrections with gardening wire to keep them separated. Trimed off lower growth and yellow leaves, then watered to run off. They actually look better already. We will see what happens in the next few days. Thank you all for the suggestions and help.
Glad I washed all the old soil off the roots as @peachfuzz suggested. Its was just dirt from the ground full of rocks as you can see from the first two photos, with peat moss for a top layer.

@peachfuzz @Stoner_Cody420 @Screwauger @Laurap @Myfriendis410 @Capt_Seeweed

11 Likes

Theyre ya go well done. Id like to see these two grow! Wonder what side effects they will have since the roots are tangled with each other… Almost like having twins. Curious to see if they have the same reactions at the same time for nutes or even nute burn or deffs.

2 Likes

Well done my friend! I figured they would be tied together by how close they was and how big they was already! Very good job bro A+ @Rugar89

1 Like

Nice job…now to see what gender they are… :fearful:
“Are you a boy or are you a girl” The Barbarians recorded that song in 1964

1 Like