Rugar's World: 2017/2018 Winter Grow

Looking great @Rugar89 keep up the good job brother

1 Like

Wow! That filled in fast :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Rugar89 looks awesome

2 Likes

Excellent note taking @Rugar89. You’ll see it will come in very handy later on. Beautiful SCROG you’ve got there!

4 Likes

Filling in nicely!

1 Like

Great looking grow @Rugar89, I see folks using these nets (SCROG and/or SOG) and I understand the reasoning behind it. How do you dis-entangle the branches at harvest. Looks like a pain…:face_with_raised_eyebrow::writing_hand:

4 Likes

that is the trick @merlin44 not to tangle everything up…
i always tuck under,not over this way you can lift your net up somewhat easily…

11 Likes

I use kitchen string… just cut it off. Easy peasy.

8 Likes

I had a rigid screen/fence. Had to guide the tops out but it lifted right off.

15 Likes

@BIGE @Rugar89 @Screwauger Thanks for the clarification. It would take many grows and a tremendous amount of imagination to come up with this stuff by oneself. Geez!

7 Likes

Don’t sell yourself short. Some of the best ideas I have seen have come from newbies. A lot of us like to experiment and post results. Good and Bad. This helps everyone

15 Likes

After I learn the basics, I tend to be a bit of a tinkerer. It’s going to be fun.

7 Likes

Thanks for all the awesome comments, encouragement, advise and likes. @EVERYONE! Makes me feel like family here!

@merlin44
This is my first SCROG attempt, as well as my first photo plant so learning still. But plan was just to cut the net with scissors if I have to. Its just heavy trine from the hardware store. Only takes about 10 mins. to re-net the frame for next time.

8 Likes

Really nice job! Looks great @Rugar89

2 Likes

Yeah I agree on the scrog net, the buds are the product. If you can reuse fine, if not, it’s a consumable part of the grow tent like brakes on your car.

I bought a roll of fencing when I did mine and the wire snips were used a couple of times to harvest my two plants at different times. I assumed I would be sh*t canning the first “net.”

I am trying to stick to “compact” photo strains from here on out as I have been spoiled with these autos (hands off after some LST) and not sure I will scrog again in the near future. It’s a time commitment and in a tiny tent, a physical challenge too.

@Rugar89

11 Likes

Lookin great ! I’m following. Been a little slow lately with the mail. Not a lot of energy.

2 Likes

2/17/18 BBA#1 Water/Feed Day

PH In 6.5 PH Out 6.1 (PH dropped this week)
PPM In 1500 PPM Out 2630 (PPMs also dropped a little)

Added:
1 tbs Big Bloom
1 tsp Grow Big
2 tsp Tiger Bloom.
1 tbs Rhino Shin
1/2 tsp Cal/Mag
per gallon of water
2 Gallons added

6 Likes

2/17/18 BBA#2 Water Day

PH In 6.3 PH Out 6.4
PPM In 420 PPM Out 1500

Added:
1/2 tsp Recharge
1/4 tsp Aphrodites Extraction
Per Gallon of water
Added two gallons of water

She started flowering this week and now has stretched taller then BBA#1

6 Likes

I noticed mine getting thirstier as well. I think flowering is the most fun, mostly the end is in sight.

3 Likes

I love opening up the grow room and take in a deep breath :relaxed: just can’t get enough of the smell :blush:

3 Likes