Rookie grow- the adventure begins!

If you are putting in 1000 and getting out 1970-2440 you should consider cutting back on the nutrients in until the runoff TDS numbers start to fall of.

What week of the schedule are you on? @Ray4x

Iā€™m on what they call ā€œlate Vegā€ on the feeding schedule.

@bob31

@Ray4x ok, letā€™s go with week 3. Looks like they are calling for ppmā€™s of 600-900

1 Like

@bob31

Yeah I assume that is nutirent solution though right?

I know that GH is geared towards hydro so I think they are saying if youā€™re in hydro your ppm in res should be 600-900. Which is right where my nutirent solution is.

Also I think there might be some calcium building up in the soil due to the hard water- and that is skewing the ppm number slightly.

That right there going in 1000 coming out 2000 shows your plants are not
taking up what you are giving them. In between nutrient feedings, you
should be watering with plain water PH at 6.5

4 Likes

So think of the ā€œnutrient solutionā€ as your runoff and the nutrients you add to the soil is your maintenance dose to the nutrient solution.

Foe soil you use the Drain to Waste charts @Ray4x

(if you arenā€™t already)

1 Like

@bob31

Yeah Iā€™m following you. I have been going feed/feed/ water. Iā€™ll switch to feed/ water for now.

Do you think the Azos and mykos in the soil could add to the ppm spike?

@Ray4x
This is why I posted that three weeks ago. IMO you started feeding nutes way to soon. Your FFOF still had plenty left in it.

1 Like

I agree here dont go looking for trouble. i lock ph in and dont worry about runoff unless somnething looks wrong

1 Like

Bad news!!

So I was traveling for work since Tuesday and my wife was supposed to run the ac unit while I was gone. But she forgot.

So the temps went crazy and plants drank a bunk of water.

Long story short- the ppm WAS too high and paired with the plants drinking all the water out of their pot two of the plants suffered some gnarly nute burn. On top of that they were all super droopy and looking for water. I watered them all with a gallon each of ph water. They all look perked up this evening. Now Iā€™m just hoping they recover from the trauma and donā€™t hermie.

@Rugar89 @bob31 @Zombo @GetbackJoJo @Hogmaster @Nug-bug @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

They are quite resilient. They will rebound Iā€™m sure.

4 Likes

They will rebound bro @Ray4xā€¦ The roots just got biggerā€¦ Bigger roots, bigger fruits!

5 Likes

What doesnā€™t kill us (or your plants), just makes us (them) stronger. You got this!

3 Likes

Thanks for the positive words guys!

Iā€™m hoping they continue to perk up with the water intake.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll be fine. If I havenā€™t killed mine yet, you should be okā€¦ lol.

3 Likes

Good News/ Bad News

Bad news first- Shirley has massive nute burn- but the bright side is that she has new green growth coming up so I think she will pull through. Also my ppmā€™s are still high. So nothing but ph water until they come down.

Good news- all the phā€™s are finally in line! All coming out around 6.5-6.6. So once I flush some more nutes out I should be in a good place. Bobbi and Wanda have some mild burn but are overall still nice and bushy with nice new growth. They are about 8 inches away from reaching the screen!

6.7- 6.8 ph in at 312- 320 ppm for all

Shirley 6.55 out at 2270 ppm

Bobby 6.52 out at 1480 ppm

Wanda 6.62 out at 1900 ppm

I read something the other day that says they make a GH micro for hard water (ppm over 300) so I might look into that to replace my regular micro once I start nutes again. @latewood have you heard of this?

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89 @Hogmaster @latewood @Sharkslayer @WillyJ @Crackindaflesh @GetbackJoJo @Majiktoker

3 Likes

Sounds like a water softener to me as for being burnt up id agree Shirleyā€™s ppm readings are outrageous she is definitely not taking any thing up and likely burning roots, so again good choice with nothing but PhD water.

Also wanda I would suggest the same thing dont give her any nutrients for the next week or two until that number comes down she is likely about to stop taking up the nutrients as well, she is probably taking them in and using them at a slow rateā€¦

4 Likes

If Shirley and Wanda were mine, they would get a extra gallon of PHed water right now for a mild flush. Then you wouldnā€™t have to keep waiting to get back on track. Thatā€™s if you just watered them today.

2 Likes

@Rugar89

Iā€™m already done for the evening but had I thought of it that would have been a good call.

Iā€™ll see where they are next time and if itā€™s still really high then Iā€™ll send another gallon through them.

I would also suggest that when you do start feeding them again, maybe just feed nutes at 1/4 strength. I know that every grow is different, but what I have found with mine is hat sometimes less is more. Iā€™m sure they will pull through bro. Keep us posted.

3 Likes