Robmin1973 grow 2018

U guys got it. Humm went away at midspeed. Which is good cauae high i want to avoid with two fans going. Yea im hoing to grab a small 2x4x4 tent for seedlings clomes and sone veg. Need to wait for next paychk bit its not that large of investment. Figure 250 for all.

Also fyi expect to wait for any hlg orders they got a 3-5 business day delay. Sucks i want to hang those lights but not sure how since the fan and filter took two of the crossbars. Seemed to heavy to use only one. I only have one bbar left. Guess ill have to bust out the duck tape and rope. Find a way. Didnt see any rellavement poles either for vivosun.

1 Like

*replacement.

Best to get the lights in front of you and see what makes sense. If you don’t come up with anything then, post up some pics and we’ll try to help.

1 Like

Def open for suggestions.

I meant once you got the lights, but no biggie. I’ve seen people use pieces of the wire closet organizers from one side to other things create more hanging room. Aluminum tubing may be a good option too. But I would wait to see how the lights fit before getting too wild with it.

Ok sounds like a plan. Lights still a week out.

Without anything these are the temp and humidity im dealing with… The room is colder than most in the house.

It will warm us with lights in there, and if you’re dropping to 60’s lights off is usually golden.

Hey bro looking good
You might want to think about a humidifier to raise your humidity a bit the temp will rise with the lights in place
I recommend evaporative type humidifiers and i humidify the room not tent allow fans to pull moist air into tent

1 Like

Yea the temps are def going to rise in the next couple of months but not too hot or humid til end of june. With a window ac i shud be able to keep as nice temp . oh and a friend wants to give me a portable ac but ill see if it works well. Room has two windows so i def got options.

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 has good point about dehumidifier. I inadvertently looked passed that.

Vornado EV100 Evaporative Whole Room Humidifier with SimpleTank, 1 Gallon Capacity, White. Picked this up should do the job. The room is small.

1 Like

Any ideas on how to muffle the fan sound. I heard putting it in a cardboard box helps.

I’ve seen people put them in a box with some insulation. I would use something that doesn’t burn easily if going that route. For whatever reason using fans with those style of speed controllers has always made me feel uneasy. I converted to all dc mixed flow fans.

1 Like

I like the Vornado product line brother
i use a lot of them at home and at work in my buildings
Should serve you well

2 Likes

I would be careful putting to much around the fan itself you may over heat it ?
But you can definitely try to use some type of insulation board or similar to build a box around it to muffle sound i wouldn’t wrap it with anything

Here a nice fan set up
This will make you happy @dbrn32

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-CLOUDLINE-T6-Ventilation/dp/B074XBXFPD

Woohoo dc motor and comes with a controller
Price is dam reasonable for the control you get imo
They also have this style which comes in a intake or exhaust configuration
If your building a smaller grow box
This is exhaust model but intake looks exactly the same just pull air in

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-High-Airflow-Equipment-Enclosures/dp/B0788ZMZ7X

1 Like

I actually own the 4” version of that fan lol. I recommended the 6” to @Covertgrower, hopefully my the controller functions would help with the temp swings in his shed. The price seems a little high, but when you look at he features it’s actually quite reasonable. As an added bonus, they draw very little power and are extremely quiet too.

I agree 100% with you on the insulation and heat. In theory it should be fine. But you know they create a little bit of heat, shouldn’t be terrible though. My biggest concern would be under a bearing failure condition or something.

2 Likes

Nice @dbrn32
lol remembered someone posting them once also
It was you then lol
And thats Exactly where i was heading with the heat build up bearing dont like extra heat lol
I actually have a six inch version at work we put in a IT closet
lol i had them buy it so i can test it out its been great work perfectly
Ill be putting a few if these in my grow room when i redo the exhaust and intake set up
Wish they can in a 8 inch but ill runn with two 6 inch setups
I also agree on price and first glance it seems high but with the control options its low imo

3 Likes

They have an 8” version listed as coming soon. It’s been that way for as long as I can remember. May be worth dropping ac infinity an email and asking what the deal is?

1 Like