Robert Bergmann on "Pruning"

after reading this i began to realize the size of ROCK i live under LMAO. thanks . after a new ink cartage now . Could be the blunt effect haha. thanks again ,H . Although hard back text do look good :grinning:

1 Like

i actually received a free copy of the grow bible .even before signing on as a member . it’s what the main reason for joining was… And now convinced that joining the lab is a must. tried to Friday but my CC stopped payment . wasn’t sure til they called EARLY Morning .so will have to wait til Monday .then join . the money is small change compared to the VAULE of just one of my girls .:grinning: and for the record i just love a shiny new hard back text. lol

1 Like

And now; We are all humbled…

2 Likes

latewood iam not sure humility fits you well… lol Lab coat Definably

1 Like

Lmao wouldn’t It be comedy

That’s me…Mr. Comedy! :slight_smile:

Comedy is a great thing whem I need it I’ll come to you lol any ways guys we are getting a little off topic, we gotta becareful not to get to distracted

Haha I agree! Ok, so on the topic of pruning… I have a monster cropped clone that I’m growing. She’s looking great and I’ve already begun to LST her by tying down some branches and chutes. But, because she is monster cropped, the growth is crazy! There are leaves everywhere and I don’t know what to cut, if I should cut anything? My goal is to eventually put my SCROG net on her. Any advice, thoughts, or experience?

There are a bunch of single blade leaves, and my other monster cropped clone doesn’t even look like a weed plant haha. But I’m just curious on what I should do next in order to have her ready for my SCROG net when the time comes.

1 Like

Do not cut anything just let her grow to the size you like put net on after your about three weeks into flowering prune under growth below net:v:

3 Likes

I shouldn’t have the screen on for veg?

Using a screen or your tie down technique, or some combination of the two should be fine for training during veg.

OK, when re-vegging a flowering clone for the monster cropping, you might actually want to carefully prune some of the single leaf undergrowth as new top leaf sets appear. The monster cropping itself is a bit of an advanced technique, and even though in general and especially for new growers growing from seed, it is true we normally do not recommend cutting off healthy green leaves.

However, with clones, and monster cropped clones, this is a slightly more advanced technique and there are some other things to consider about your older leaves that have been on the plant for awhile.

And these things to think about are not only the accumulation of nutrients and sugars in these larger older leaves, but also of the hormones that regulate the veg or flowering type growth.

Regular clones that have been vegging forever can benefit from some of the oldest largest fan leaves being removed during the transition to flower for a possibly quicker response and transition to the flowering light cycle. As by removing these older leaves you will help get rid of the vegging hormones contained in them and the newer leaves under the new light cycle will not have this and should have more of the flowering hormone that results in this faster transition.

And the same can be said of the single blade leafs of a monster cropped clone, carefully pruning certain of the single leaflets after it has been put back into a veg light cycle and starts to branch out again and send out new shoots, this removal of old leaves as new leaves start to show up will also help the clone start truly to re-veg properly by removing the flowering hormones contained in the older leaves, and you should start to see more 3 fingered and more fingered leaves start to appear again.

~MacG

3 Likes

IN answer to your question. It is my opinion and I am sure all will agree; You need the wires early on in order to train the plant when it is young and pliable.

1 Like

I agree 100% @latewood, early training when plant is young works very well. Great advise as well

Thanks man

Yup how’s it coming along

Hey hammer! There is a physical copy of the grow bible! But it’s not Roberts, but here is the one I had back in high school almost ten years ago. It’s basically the same thing just a little more detail on all the tops more pictures etc. it’s like 300+ pages

_sorry_chase; we only allow commercial links from Dealzer, or Amazon. Please find that book on Amazon, and we can allow it to be posted._ADMIN :slight_smile:

Sorry my bad…

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cannabis-Grow-Bible-Recreational/dp/1931160589?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

Thank You. And; Thanks MacG for editing link! ")

what about clipping week 1-2 of flowering off all the big shade leaves

I have to apologize up front because, I can only think of smartass answers. Don’t do it

That is what I think.