Recipes & how to make ( vape - oils - edibles - wax - shatter-RSO ) lets all share are ways and recipes

Thanks my friend and @bob31 for all your really helpful information, I may well need to ask more questions later

1 Like

Interesting article. My take on it this. Iā€™ll never tell people vaping is safe or healthy. I tend to use terms such as ā€œless harmfulā€ or ā€œsafer alternativeā€. Any time you are inhaling something other than air, and sometimes air, you are potentially putting something into your body thatā€™s not necessarily good for you. Iā€™ll be the first to admit that thereā€™s not enough long term research to tell us exactly what the effects are. My experience is this: I smoked cigs for 25 years before switching to vaping. Within a month of switching I noticed my smokerā€™s hack was gone and I didnā€™t wake up feeling like an elephant was sitting on my chest. My doctor tells me that my respiration is back to normal. He doesnā€™t recommend vaping but he certainly doesnā€™t want me smoking. The article also stated that PG released harmful chemicals at 450 degrees. Cotton wicking combusts at around 400 to 410 degrees and the heat from a 450 degree vape is like inhaling Satanā€™s fart! It doesnā€™t really say the amounts of these harmful chemicals or how much PG they heated. If you inhaled a gallon of PG at 450 degrees, Iā€™m sure thatā€™s probably bad for you. Just an opinion though.

4 Likes

I think all of us that started smoking understand that inhaling something into our lungs probably wasnā€™t going to be safe for us, but I have emphysema and most of the time when I can I just smoke mj but for when I run out and donā€™t want to go back to smoking tobacco but obviously not if itā€™s more harmful

1 Like

@daz49

Iā€™m not going to tell you vaping is healthy. My experience is I feel better now that I donā€™t smoke and vaping was what worked for me to quit. It took some adjustment as itā€™s not quite like smoking. The ingredients in cigarettes numb your throat which is why you can inhale a cig and not cough. I donā€™t know about the rest of you but an unusually large bong rip or hit off my vape choke me out! I think itā€™s because those chemicals arenā€™t present but itā€™s just a hunch. Iā€™m not a doctor, Iā€™m just playing one in this forum!lol

Edit: I will tell you that the only side effect I get from vaping is it tends to dehydrate me. If Iā€™m not drinking enough water, I feel my calves start to get ā€œcrampyā€. I just make sure that Iā€™m drinking plenty of water and itā€™s not an issue. As a matter of fact, it tends to remind me to make sure I get enough to drink.

2 Likes

No we really do appreciate all your helpful information, smoking isnā€™t healthy but I did it anyway lol so now that cannabis is for personal use and medication, and Iā€™m trying to have enough regular from growing, that I can get off all these nasty tablets with nasty side effects,but do they generally taste chemically or is it cos my 510 is new or the vape juice

2 Likes

@daz49
Amen brother. I donā€™t even like taking aspirin. I donā€™t see the benefit of gaining a different ailment from a particular medicine to treat another. Especially when there is a natural alternative whose main side effect is a ā€œeuphoricā€ feeling. Iā€™ve even got the wife on board to try edibles when we harvest for her migraines and she hates smoking weed.

2 Likes

@daz49

Iā€™ve not tried cannabis juices so I canā€™t say for sure. If your cartridge has a nylon wick, you might get a chemical taste from that but I think most wicking is cotton by now. Nylon is not really used much any more. Iā€™d think itā€™s the juice. Vaping is very subjective. Everyoneā€™s taste is different.

1 Like

Thanks my friend, very helpful, let me give you a tag bro

1 Like

@rodri59 this is the thread thereā€™s a lot of info here so enjoy the reading lol
And when I get my project started Iā€™ll definitely tag you in as well
@bob31 was helping me with some research and he found African strains are high in thcv which helps control blood sugar is some people so Iā€™ll be ordering some Durban poison and once harvested Iā€™ll be trying a few things out :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @Countryboyjvd1971!! I am going to settle in now and have a read before dinner!

As far as the blood sugar thing goes I will be interested in reading about this research you and @bob31 are doing on these African strains. Originally, (3 years ago) I re-entered the world of MJ (after a scarily long absence) with the thought that maybe it would help my blood sugar. I read somewhere that it might. What I found was very disappointing. At best I saw MAYBE a 3 pt drop in readings. I was on insulin at the time and desperately wanted off (I am T2 and insulin resistant) Needless to say I didnā€™t accomplish my goal, but I felt pretty damn good about life lol. I did find that just about any strain helps me with other things like pain and insomnia. I also have a fair amount of nausea from a med I take to combat high blood sugar (which actually did get me off insulin at least for now). I am also entering that oh-so wonderful <-----sarcasm to the max, change of life and it also seems to help me with some of those fekking symptoms.
I am assuming that Durban Poison is an African strain? You must keep me looped in how that goes.
Is your wife Type 1 or 2. Tell her ā€œHeyā€ from a fellow diabetic.

Oh and Hi everyone :slight_smile:
Rodri

5 Likes

@bob31 Have you found where to buy the MCT?

Articles are so conflicting as to if the PG is bad or not and at what levels. I guess itā€™s the lesser of two evils between this and pharmaceuticals. I canā€™t handle smoking straight weed so this is great alternative but again six of one half dozen of another. So very frustrating that you think you find an answer and then they say itā€™s bad. But just like caffeine and red wine, this week itā€™s bad for you and next week itā€™s beneficial. I do want to look into the MCT though for when I use up this (huge) bottle of PG.

Thanks for sharing as usual ~ AB

I have only smoked a couple of times since retiring and didnā€™t have DM Type II back when I smoked more often, back in the late 70ā€™s but I havenā€™t noticed any changes in blood sugars when I have smoked. Not much of an experiment I suppose. Had a quarter back in mid May and smoked it for about 4 weeks, it was mellow, but not couch lock, and I could get things done and it didnā€™t give me the munchies, which isnā€™t good for the blood sugar obviously. I would be interested in being tagged when you get things going too @Countryboyjvd1971

@FreakyDeekie @rodri59 I think that the issue with MJ and diabetes is that you need higher doses of CBD than THC, if you use the forum search (Magnifying glass upper right and enter diabetes and check off search this topic, you will find the posted info.

@daz49 @SilentHippie the 510 pen and tanks do not use the wicks. And I agree that 450 degrees is not going to happen, and I am sure that if they study they will find reasons not to use VG and MCT oil.

@AnneBonny I found the MCT on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GS5ZZIC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?tag=greenrel-20

Thanks everyone for posting. I am enjoying the discussion and hopefully we can all help each other *no doctors here either!

4 Likes

Also, I found a website ( shop medical marijuana inc dot com ) last week that sells MCT based CBD Oil 250mg per 30ml / 1 ounce. I bought a bottle. Here is their description:

4 fluid ounces of RSHOā„¢ CBD Hemp Oil Liquid
1000mg of CBD per Bottle
Non-GMO, Eco-Friendly
Packaged in an Amber Glass Bottle
Tested for Purity and Safety by ISO-Certified Labs

Begin each day on the right foot with the all-natural benefits of CBD hemp oil. Our full-spectrum RSHOā„¢ hemp oil liquid features a botanical powerhouse combination of 1000mg of cannabidiol (CBD) and medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. The MCT oil found within RSHOā„¢ liquid is derived from organic coconut oil and sustainably sourced palm oil and is considered an excellent source of healthy fatty acids. This minimally processed CBD hemp oil liquid is a convenient way to get your daily CBD and youā€™ll notice, as you first taste the expertly formulated liquid, itā€™s of the highest quality.

The Gold Label variety of Real Scientific Hemp Oilā„¢ (RSHOā„¢) undergoes two processes that make it unique to the other varieties. First, the CBD hemp oil is decarboxylated, a heating process that converts CBDa (Cannabidiolic Acid) to create CBD (Cannabidiol). This allows the CBD oil to reach its maximum CBD content. The oil then undergoes an additional filtration process to remove most of the plant material and create a smooth and delicious golden hemp oil.

An amber glass bottle is used to package your RSHOā„¢ Liquid - Its dark color helps to preserve the natural ingredients of the CBD hemp oil. However, we do ask that you store your CBD hemp oil product in a cool, dark, dry place.

The full-spectrum CBD hemp oil that is the core of this product is the result of millions of dollars and time invested into developing the worldā€™s first legal supply of hemp highly concentrated in CBD (cannabidiol). Grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers, Medical Marijuana, Inc.ā€™s non-GMO hemp is all-natural and of superior quality. As a nutritional supplement, itā€™s an incredible source of omega fatty acids, vitamins, amino acids, chlorophyll, and terpenes

Upon harvest, the hemp undergoes a solvent-free CO2 extraction process. Then, the CBD hemp oil is tested by respected ISO-certified labs to ensure the product is safe and of the highest quality for you and your family. We are positive that the RSHOā„¢ Hemp Oil Liquid Gold Label will become your preferred CBD hemp oil supplement!

About terpenes:

We achieved something that no one had ever accomplished before. It was a moment our founding team will remember forever: the moment that we grasped that first 30 pound bag of cannabis seeds in our hands. To anyone else, that bag wouldnā€™t cause even a blink of an eye. Its woven fibers held bulb-like seeds with an extraordinary texture and color to them. That bag of seeds was a tremendous feat for us; It signified our commitment to our cause and was the first milestone towards bringing people across the world an amazing phytocannabinoid - CBD.

What was interesting to us was that CBD was non-psychoactive meaning that it did not give you the ā€˜highā€™ or euphoric feeling that THC would, yet the multitude of research showing what it could do was undeniableā€¦
Our story began in 2008, back when CBD, known also as cannabidiol, was only a whisper in the cannabis industry. This phytocannabinoid had been overshadowed for decades by THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive compound that can be found in the cannabis plant. What was interesting to us was that CBD was non-psychoactive, meaning that it did not give you the ā€˜highā€™ or euphoric feeling that THC would, yet the multitude of research showing what it could do was undeniableā€¦ We knew there was more to the story, so we invested millions into developing a source for this amazing plant and its phytocannabinoids

What we found would define our mission as Medical Marijuana, Inc.

We are in the business of ensuring that as many people as possible are able to experience the benefits of cannabis. Every day we work towards accessibility, affordability, and securing the future of cannabis for generations to come!
We discovered that there were cultivars of a category of cannabis, known as ā€œhemp,ā€ that contained only trace amounts of THC (0.3% or lower) and therefore, was non-psychoactive. In hemp, all the other cannabinoids and nutrients are also present, including the cannabinoid we were looking for - CBD.

Today, cannabis is considered a controlled substance and it is federally illegal to grow cannabis in the United States, regardless of its THC content, except for extremely limited uses in research. However, it is legal to import hemp products (cannabis with 0.3% or lower THC) into the country, which is how we would become the first to develop and market legal cannabis products in the United States and beyond.

We would derive CBD from hemp in Europe and import it into the U.S., getting it into the hands of the people who need it most worldwide. We sent teams of researchers across the world to learn about the political, economic, and agricultural landscape of growing hemp internationally and developing the best way to bring CBD to the masses.

Over the next few years, we covered an immense amount of ground and collected research from industry experts from all corners of the world leading us to three potential regions where we could plant our first crop - Romania, Czech Republic, and Austria.

When you are pursuing a mission as delicate and powerful as ours, you have to work with people you can trust and respect. We found that in a farming cooperative of 750 individual families in Northern Europe.
It was in that first harvest that our founding team came to know and learn more about the people behind each grow. When you are pursuing a mission as delicate and powerful as ours, you have to work with people you can trust and respect. We found that in a farming cooperative of 750 individual families in Northern Europe. As we walked under that charming hacienda-style archway, we looked out on its expansive green acreage and knew that this was the place; the perfect community, climate, and region to grow a hemp crop that would change the world!

Our cultivators are a group of individually-owned family farms whose techniques and expertise come from numerous generations before them. They are people who value the land, live simply, and have the integrity and soul weā€™d spent years searching for in a cultivation partner.

So at this time, we had done the research, narrowed down the region, and shook hands with our community of cultivators. Now, it was time to find the perfect cannabis seed, the perfect cultivar that would naturally yield a crop high in CBD. Many sources will tell you that there are only about 1,500 possible cannabis cultivars, but there are many more than that - We tested a total of 3,000!

Many sources will tell you that there are only about 1,500 possible cannabis cultivars, but there are many more than that - We tested a total of 3,000!
And at end, it all came down to one seed. It was this seed that after countless trials and weeks spent tending the fields, flourished in the regionā€™s climate, yielding hemp highly concentrated with CBD.

This was a monumental feat! Previously thought to be impossible, we were able to plant our first harvest of hemp - rich in cannabidiol. While celebrations were in order, we went straight to work to bring products to the people who needed them most.

To this day, this moment inspires everything we do. The people who use our products are the core reason why we do what we do! The product in your hand is part of a captivating story about defeating the odds and persevering for health. Click here to read about our quality and safety standards.

7 Likes

Terpenes and distillate or cO2 honey oil is the only safest way to go imo

2 Likes

Small batch of bho I made :wink:

lemon ice :lemon:

16 Likes

Oh yeah baby! Look at that honey! Man o man I gotta learn that techniques

5 Likes

Lol @Hogmaster
I canā€™t compete with that but here I press this last night using ssh popcorn bud

Still working on dialing it the press but Iā€™m getting much better returns .67 grams
Going to use some premo bud tomorrow and see if thereā€™s a difference in return :+1:

9 Likes

Nice @Countryboyjvd1971 Now how will use it? Will you smoke it just like that or turn into vape juice?

@Countryboyjvd1971 I made another small batch of vape juice last night with my amnesia haze. That was the only sativa strain I planted and I started with three plants but one died and the second got hit with too much mold. After it dried and cured for 4 weeks it was about 5 grams of airy bud. This time I did the mason jar in a small crockpot instead of stove top. I decarbed and then started the crockpot about 9:30 last night and it went until morning. Iā€™m off for a couple days so was able to drain and squeeze the crap out of it. I am usually up a couple of times at night so checked on it and swirled it about. It is a nice dark golden color. I got about 5 ml of vape juice at the end which will last me awhile. Since I was off I also got to try it out. It was a little harsher on the back of my throat at first but I added a drop of peppermint flavoring and it smoothed it out.

@bob31 I got my order yesterday too of the glass 510 vape pen with spare tanks. LOVE the glass tank. Now I have plenty to keep not just some sativa or indica dominant strains but also different flavors. Have to say the chocolate hazelnut is really nice for my night time smoke.

@Hogmaster and @SilentHippie should I be storing this in any special way other than a sealed container. It doesnā€™t need to be refrigerated or anything right?