Recipe to make cannabis oil

Hi Guys,

Marijuana-infused vegetable, peanut, or olive oil can be used in most recipes that do not require high heat for cooking, and it is especially good in uncooked salad dressings. Since you’re using so little oil in the dressing, a slight change of plan is necessary. If your goal is to consume the oil as part of, say, an infused olive oil and vinegar dressing, your oil will have to be more potent or you’ll also need to consume other marijuana-laced foods. So consider infusing the olive oil with your higher-grade “bud leaves” or even—the horror!—some of your tops. Olive oil is great for infusing with THC because you can dip breads and crackers into it and easily adjust both your dosage and your munchie cravings. To make a cooking oil, use peanut oil. Uses for cooking with cannabis oil include lower-heat baking and sautéing. Do not use cannabis oil of any type (vegetable, peanut, or olive) to deep-fry foods, because the temperature needed for deep-frying (375°F) is too hot for the THC. In particular, infused olive oil will smoke and deteriorate before that temperature is even reached.

1 ounce dried trim
2 cups vegetable, peanut, or olive oil

1. Pulverize the trim in a spice mill.

2. Heat the oil in a slow cooker on low. When the oil is hot, add the pulverized trim. Let the trim steep for 20 minutes, then let cool. Line a strainer with 10 layers of cheesecloth. Place the strainer over a medium bowl and pour the oil through the cheesecloth to catch the cannabis particles. Pour the oil into a jar, seal with a lid, and store in the refrigerator, where it will keep indefinitely.

makes 2 cups

6 Likes

Has anyone used Coconut Oil! Organic, of course!

1 Like

@DieHigh55. I am bumping us over here in the recipe thread to give the Canna-coconut oil recipe. I could have sworn I posted this already but it didn’t come up when I searched. Any way this is the recipe from A book called Wake & Bake by Corinne Tobias. She refers to as green monster oil

1. Combine the following in a crockpot on warm or low (warm is usually sufficient in most crockpots):

1 Cup Coconut Oil [I like the big jug of unrefined Nutiva because 
         I use it a lot and the flavor/scent is  really delightful. If you don’t like
         the taste of coconut or you’d like to save some money, the refined    
         stuff is a bit cheaper and doesn’t have a tropical smell]

1 teaspoon- 1 Tablespoon Sunflower Lecithin: If you reeeeallly don’t
          like the flavor of lecithin use 1 teaspoon. Otherwise, use 1 Tablespoon 
          per cup. 

*Try to keep oil near 160° for best results

1. Add:

1 Cup Organic Decarboxylated Cannabis (about 7g or 1/4 oz.) 

Stir every half hour or so.

After 8-12 hours of heating and steeping, turn off the crockpot and allow the oil to cool before moving onto the next step.

1. Set up your strainer so it fits snugly in a container. Line with a large piece of cheesecloth.
  2. Slowly pour plant matter and oil into the strainer.
  3. Using a string or twist tie, gather the cheesecloth around the plant matter and secure.
  4. Squeeeeeeze that sh*t. (Save this satchel to make High Chai). A potato ricer works great for squeezing
  5. Pour oil into a pint jar and place in the fridge until cool. Seal with a lid. Store in refrigerator or in a cool, dark place.

Spread it on toast. Make recipes with it. Rub it on your achy body parts.

Looking forward tour results when you’re ready.

4 Likes

Ah, this looks great! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

defintely good recipe

Sounds like a good recipe. But I’m more used to cooking cannabis oil on this recipe. It seems to me so more reliable and there the proportion is more accurately sustained. Though I rarely cook it. More often I cook, something like weed fire crackers

How would I get CBDa content in this oil? If I’m right from what I’ve heard CBDa is CBD before being heated. Iv found CBDa helps massively for pain in my case anyway.

I’ve tried few times to make cannabis oil at home but it takes too much time and I am not sure that I can receive better product than companies are selling. And also the only product that I can make is CBD oil, and consumers can produce figgerent products like creme, pills and so one, anybody could check here how many different CBD product types there are.

1 Like

Making CBD oil at home is too hard for me, I know one farmer who makes is but he doesn’t have a way to separate THC from CBD so his oil is good, but not for everyday use :slight_smile: . I use CBD for diabetes so for everyday use I have to search for something else I’ve found some manufactures who make CBD oil perfect for diabetes patients. But if someone could make oil on their own I am completely happy for them, but it just not for me.

@Domicern can I ask what type you have , and how it helps, I have 3 kids with diabetes.and I’m making oil, if it has to be CBD oil I’ll find how to make it.

I would just grow a cbd strain, then go about the process for making Rick Simpson Oil(RSO) or Quick Wash Ethanol Tincture (QWET) reduced down to oil.

A Quick Reference Cannibinoid Temperature & Terpene Guide:

1 Like

Thank you for that , very informative

1 Like

I think I’ve read somewhere that strains high in THCV–tetrahydrocannbivarin–such as Malawi, Durban Poison, Jack the Ripper, Dutch Treat, Doug’s Varin, Willie Nelson, etc, have shown promise for diabetes treatment, after a few laboratory studies.

7 Likes

When I take oil every day many times a day my blood sugar get in the 60-to the 120’s very nice. I am now making a batch of RSO oil in my rice cooker been at it 2 hours reducing it with a fan blowing. WOW smells like everclear I put 20 oz’s in it. smash smash in a few more we will see It did take me hours to soak and smash then drain and smash and drain and wait boil boil