Rain cause this?

I just got 3 days of pretty steady rain. I have a ton of pine trees so while I’m was picking off stupid orange things from the trees, I noticed these orange balls in a couple spots. Just over saturation? Never seen before.

This is another photo, untouched by me… :neutral_face:

Not sure what it is myself. My brain wants to say some kind of eggs, I would at least check the undersides of your leaves and make sure there are no critters…

4 Likes

They might be yellow aphid eggs. I found a few different eggs that look a lot like these. Where are you located, that might help me narrow it down

1 Like

or maybe ladybug eggs…they look a lot alike

1 Like

Those look like eggs to me. I’m currently battling looper worms, along with some other people around here. They can completely destroy your buds in very little time.
Keep a very close eye on the situation, you don’t want some kind of destructive critters hatching. Don’t be afraid to poke around deeply through the buds with a flashlight and magnifying glass.

Looks EXACTLY like the moth egg-caterpillar thingy others have been posting about! Might be different, but definitely not good.

…never growing outside…never growing outside…never growing outside…

2 Likes

I think works. I have picked a few very small, less than half an inch. It looked like they had been eating top of bud. Should I clip those particular buds? Probably?

:neutral_face: I meant worms…

@Tr33. They have all been located on top side buds. Or leaves very close. After rain dried up, these 'eggs dried up too. Can barley tell where they were, except that All hairs on top of these buds are gone as well.

Dig real deep in those buds, my friend. I picked maybe 60 off my 3 plants before treating with Monterey BT-K (Bacillus Thuringiensis Kurstaki), and still picked maybe 15 more after that. They will destroy your buds from inside out. The BTK took about 3 days to kill the worms, but it IS working. I followed up with a dose of spinosad too. It’s a 3 week treatment regimen, with a week in between each.

Say, you wouldn’t happen to be in southern California like a few of us with these worms?

@Trav. I’m actually in the northeast. Good ol’ maine. I love this state… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I would definitely have to say some sort off eggs maybe from the tree above fell down after the rain in the least odd pull off all I could find and then do daily checks for any other signs
@mainah
@Willd is up your way maybe he could help you identify they egg sacks
@Screwauger is also from the great state of Maine
Happy growing and good luck bro

Outta likes but thanks @Countryboyjvd1971

Gotta say I have never seen anything like that @mainah.

I am in central maine and will be watching closely. Your saying it’s not pine pitch right? Strange indeed but I am going out to look at my plants right now.

1 Like

Appears to be eggs to me as well. Perhaps a ovum laden insect though it was going to drown to death and released them all. Not sure. I am getting BT-K tomorrow and spraying my entire crop for loopers.
I’ve found a few tiny ones so far but today I found a slightly larger one curled up in it’s own webbing holding a leaf folded together for cover as well as several different types of spiders every day. Torrential rain will definitely cause insects to become more aggressive about creating more secure habitat. Just like humans or any other species.
I work from home so I am out there looking at them several times a day every day. I kill every bug I find on them except for lady bugs.

2 Likes