Questions on soil

I pay $9.99 for 2cf bag

1 Like

I thought you check your nute solution for ph prior to watering with the PH meter and to check the run off you would need a TDS meter? I bought both meters.

@BudBuddy depending on what nutrients you use they can actualy raise or lower the PH of your water so it is best to check the PH after you add your nutrients. (Before you water them into your plants)

You can actualy test your water before and after with your TDS meter (before adding it to your plant) this will give you a reading of how many nutrients you added to your water.
When testing your runoff with your TDS meter that reading will tell you how many nutrients are built up at your root zone.
You can also test the PH of your runoff as well, this will let you know what the PH level is at your root zone so you can be sure you are at the correct level for the medium you are using.
It is good to have both meters though for sure :+1:

1 Like

Well crap just confused the heck out of me. LOL I think that was too much for me I’m sober!

1 Like

I get what your saying and I think I will reread this in about a hour!

1 Like

lol I didn’t mean to confuse you.
What I am saying in a nutshell is that you add nutrients to your water and check the PH.
Then water your plants and check the PH of the runoff.

For TDS check your water before you add nutes then check after you add nutes. This will tell you the strength of your nutrient solution.
When checking the TDS of the runoff this will tell you how many nutrients are built up in your soil.

A compressed block of ProMix BX is 3.8 cubic feet
Over 7 cubic feet when opened up for use
That’s over 7 - 5 gallon buckets full with enough left over to top the buckets off as needed
My cost at the local farmers co-op is $28 a block
That’s $4 a bucket!!

1 Like

You WIN, lol

1 Like

Is it correct when checking PPM you check water first then after you water you check the run off and subtract the PPM of your plain water for a accurate reading?

It’s working very well with 0 trash
Just keep your water and or nutes at 5.8pH and your golden

Stay Golden ponyboy. Outsiders, one of the best movies ever made!

Yeah if you check the TDM of your plain PHd water and then check the runoff the difference between the 2 numbers would tell you how much nutrients and salts are still in your soil.

2 Likes

Thanks man, I am waiting on these meters to come from china

1 Like

What are some decently priced meters that you guys recommend?

I’ll add my two cents here as well
I’m now using the promix bx as a few of the members posted
I have also used foxfarm products
If proper procedure is followed. All work well
Happy growing @dmykins

2 Likes

So I am continuing to do research, I plan to start my seed in the final pot/soil to avoid transplanting. I was planning to use FFHF from start to finish but now I am reading I should mix Happy Frog with Ocean Forest for best results…what is everyone’s input? Should I mix, just use Ocean Forest, or just use Happy Frog?

1 Like

You could layer your pot with ffof at bottom half and ffhf on top then you plant will grow into the hot soil (ffof )
I’ve started mine in ffof start to finish but some say it too hot for that ?
Im not recommending it just sharing my experience
Bestvwould be to layer it

Ok. I will do that then. I think I would feel more comfortable layering it.

1 Like

Good happy growing bro when you get them started tag me into your grow journal

1 Like

is there a such thing as to much co2 or oxygen. and how do you tag in journal