Quantum Board Grow Room

Thanks pal, but this is a bag seed unfortunately, so no BOM for her. Plus with all the entries this month… whoa man… wouldn’t stand a chance, but I appreciate the kind words. I do have a scope and I’m gonna start checking in a week or so to see where we’re at.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not the best picture taker so these don’t look as big as they do in person. I’m hoping for a nice push in weight the next 2-3 weeks!

1 Like

Thanks bro! I’m definitely impressed with these boards. These are definitely the densest buds to date and that’s the new lights for sure!

4 Likes

Thanks and congrats on that steal on aluminum! Keep me posted with everything you’re doing buddy!

2 Likes

Oh and here are the others in the veg tent. Again, sorry about the blurple, that will be upgraded soon lol.

7 Likes

I’m just as excited to see too. But I would put a lot more into that if it were a scrog or sog grow. When you look at how much additional space is still left in the 3x3, I think the gram per watt will still be marginal, but I would expect the gram per square foot actually used, vs the amount of light per square foot to be pretty darn good.

2 Likes

I agree. Best way would be under a Scrog, but that will have to wait a few grows. I have 3 different strains again next time, then I think I’ll do a round of 3-4 WW autos, and then I might do a Scrog. I have one built for the other tent, so I could build a couple that will fit in the 3x3 and have plants under individual nets. So many options, so little space for me lol.

1 Like

I’ll make sure I take measurements prior to harvest on her so we can calculate grams per square foot for this one

1 Like

@dbrn I have a question for you. For a 2x2 tent, would you recommend the HLG 100w or 135w QB kit? And what color temp would you suggest? 4000k. Veg only

1 Like

I would go with the 135 4000k. Strictly because of the cost for performance. The 4000k board will probably veg that area fine even at around 70-80 watts. But you could also change that tent/board anytime you wanted and flower under it. It won’t quite produce like the 3000k, but the 4000k spectrum is as good or better than most of the viper/miezhi style lights. Plenty of people growing good weed under them, and a little reserve power would dial it up nice.

I’d have to go look at the price difference in the kits, but the only difference in cost should be driver, and that shouldn’t be more than $10-20.

2 Likes

Cool thanks man. I was thinking of the 3000k so I could do it all if needed, but the ones I have in the 3x3 are the 3500k and there wasn’t a lot of stretch lol.

1 Like

You know, i forgot about that. You could buy a 3000k kit and throw that board on your your flowering light, and throw a 3500k board into the veg area.

Not sure if that’s something you’d consider or not, but it wouldn’t bother me any to have it that way.

2 Likes

Oh man! I didn’t even think about that lol. That’s why I always ask first now haha.

1 Like

We’re stoners, allowed to be a little slow sometimes haha. If you hadn’t said anything about them I wouldn’t have thought twice about it.

3 Likes

Looks a lot like a fat quantum board doesn’t it?

I’m not sure @BIGE has come to terms with it yet, but I see some of these in his future :joy:

7 Likes

I see at least 4 of these in @BIGE future with all that aluminum he just got! Lol. How much is something like that to build?

2 Likes

I had to go verify in email, 10 of them shipped was $58.81. I think they’re like $6.50 individually with price break at 10 units. These are gen 2 175 lumen watt at 350ma, max current 700ma. The gen 1 strips are like $4 something and 156 lumen/watt.

I’ll have to check with wife to see if she ordered my plate, but eBay had .125 12”x12” for like $14 shipped. Driver will be $20-40ish depending on desired power and if I want dimming.

So it’s around $80-100 for the major components. After that a spool of wire, roll of thermal transfer tape, couple of wagos and a cord would probably run you about $40. But you’d have enough transfer tape and wire to do a few of them. If you were to break down the cost of doing like four of them at 100 Watts each without dimming it would be about $100. And I already know @BIGE has the transfer tape and wire.

3 Likes

Boom. I might need to talk to your wife to let her know that we all here on the forum REALLY need you to start growing again! :joy::joy:
When you do get back up and running, what lights will be in which tents?!

1 Like

I have an 80 watt version of those gen 1 strips in 560mm that I used for veg in my 2x2. That’s how I’m certain that 80 Watts of qb will veg fine. When you look at it that way, it’s 2/3 of what you’re flowering under as far as light per foot.

Anyway, it’s sitting here. My two vero 29 bars are out on loan to a guy I work with. I’m pretty sure they’ll be replaced with a check or a bag lol. But I told him to just burn em for now and we’ll figure it out later. The qb/cxb light would be done if I needed it. Mounted heatsinks yesterday, it will do a 3x3 whenever I get around to finishing it up. I have 3 bars with monos, 6 1120mm strips, 4 560mm strips, 12 of those 280mm strips, another 4 older cxb’s and there’s a box of 6 vero 18’s I lost track of.

I have pretty high expectations for the hybrid light, otherwise there’s no telling what I would end up doing. We discussed it last week, and I don’t think she’s going to budge while we’re in current residence. I’m not sure if she’s just having motherly instincts, or was only cool with it before because it was my house and not “our house” lol. But I supposedly have green light if we have basement, so we’ll be at least looking when the weather starts to break.

When that happens, I’ll grab a 3x3 and figure something out between that and 2x2. Ideally I’ll end up building a space like my old room. It was 6’x10’ two 3x3 tables along 6’ wall, and my 2x2 sat in opposite corner. As long as lights are independent for each table you can do whatever you want. They’ll fit 9 three gallon pots each, original plan was to harvest each table about a month apart. But I’m a scatter brain, and was always starting a random seed. It became a real Charlie Foxtrot, but it was mine so whatever haha.

7 Likes

I’m happy with mine!

2 Likes