Quantum Board Grow Room

Honestly, You don’t need much. Outside of 90 cri boards from hlg, I wouldn’t expect much in the near future. If you just want reds, the xpe he is darn good! Or some 3000k 90cri cobs… four of them even at 30-40 watts four of them and you’ll likely be into dimming your boards. I should probably look, the citi and luminous stuff may be out. Cree already launched their new cob, unless I missed something it wasn’t that impressive. Probably be better off waiting on a new bin availability from the cxb, and then you’re paying $10 more for 3% increase usually.

But the minute you drop a couple hundred bucks someone will come out with something lol. Welcome to chasing led tech haha!

3 Likes

Hahaha @dbrn32 I was short on light once, never again I say! @MattyBear

7 Likes

I think @Hogmaster came up with that. It does work.

2 Likes

Ok. End of week 3 from flip and day 16 of flower. Just did her final haircut and defoliation! I’ll leave her alone now lol. Here’s before

And after… I only took older leaves or ones blocking bud sites or air flow.

14 Likes

Those didn’t all load right. Let me take a better side photo lol

1 Like

Looking at the pictures I could do more, but don’t wanna over do it either.

10 Likes

She looks awesome and this is how I tell I have taken enough leaves by placing my hands on top of soil and if I see light hitting my hand I have taken enough then I’ll stop. But you are going to see an explosion and you’re going to be in love and you’ll swear by it defoliating that is. Great job and keep it up

6 Likes

Thanks man! Every snip I thought I heard her scream a little lol. Gonna start my mid flower nutes on her today.

3 Likes

Not sure if you are interested, but hlg has it listed on their web page to contact them for heatsink sales. It does state for amazon sales, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to see if they would give you a decent price on the side by side heatsink that’s designed for the 3x3.

1 Like

Here’s how she’s looking 2 days after defoliation. And a peek at the cheese and AK47 autos. Loving the lights and cruising along!![image|374x500]
(upload://lQfAjYqis6nY4IsI43qO3At5oDP.jpeg)

13 Likes

Looking awesome.

1 Like

And here’s the side view

11 Likes

Do you top/fimm that bush? :grin::joy::+1:

I topped her once. I had her under a Scrog in the other tent before I set up the new one. So I pulled the Scrog off her and stuck her under the better lights for flower. She actually held her shape pretty well. @M4ur

2 Likes

Nice job! I also grow ak47 auto and I put her under a net but, like you, I was needed to pull it off because I was having a hard time whit spider mites and not be able to get in the back of grow box. I hope your ak47 will finish faster than mine (120 days both grows :sleepy:)

1 Like

I grew an AK47 auto last year and she took around 100 days. I erased my data for my last year of grows on accident. So that 100 days is a rough estimate lol. I didn’t even have to train the last one. She grew 22” and all buds were getting light. I’m gonna train this one because I like messing with them a little.

3 Likes

Hey she bounced back and bounced back well. She’s looking good and great job you did.

I’m headed to Walmart to get drill bits to make racks for my qb boards and ordering driver to control 2 boards and gone reach out to hlg and see if they might have a set of the 288qb boards and heatsink laying around they might want to sale.

4 Likes

Bring on the weight brother!

2 Likes

Thanks man! Let me know what they say and what, if any, kind of deal they offer. If they don’t have what you need, I have seen GrowersLights keep some stock for QB’s.

2 Likes

UPDATE: 25 days from flip to 12/12 and 21 days of flower. Trichomes are on a lot of the fan leaves too! Also, it’s been 5 days since defoliation. Cheese auto is getting side branching going and AK47 auto loves life. Enjoy some photos on your Friday! :v:

15 Likes