Crouching that long will definitely do that brother
There’s always tomorrow my friend
:v:CB :+1:

2 Likes

!
Have my work cut out for me that’s after fan leaves

Crappy picture but that was fan leaves

Top kola? Nope!! that’s the base of plant as are the next pics :wink:

I am more than surprised since the tops on these ladies were far from impressive conservative guess 4-6 oz plus the 1.5 oz I cut and dried off them last week? Though I expect more than a little will make it into trim bin certainly proving the benefit of light mover since the bottom of these plants were easily 3’ from light and under a full canopy

6 Likes

ok, I just added a light mover to my Amazon wish list…doesn’t mean I’ll get it…in fact, it has a snow flakes chance of getting bought…but I want one, someday when the garden outgrows my tent, and if the tent’s crossbar could support it I’d use it right now.

real pretty view of your garden as it’s growing…hairy, healthy, bud filled stalks!

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s just the mover buddy since all 4 plants had green leafs top to bottom I suspect it has plenty to do with the LEC too since an LED wouldn’t have the same kind of penetrating light. Lol and I got the light mover cheap $80 3 yrs ago had to cut chain and rail to make it smaller track but certainly tempts me to buy another for my other space

4 Likes

@BIGE I use a moving blanket folded and zip tied… I make 2 zip tie loops at the top and 2 hooks at top of door…I hang it over my door to make sure no light leaks through the door seams…you could probably use it as a door as no light leaks through it…

2 Likes

LMAO I got around to emptying and cleaning out the res and the roots were perfectly healthy so much so that I may have had a week? before they clogged my pump solid. Not a mass of roots but I didn’t expect as much as there were for 12-13 weeks of growth since cuttings pretty much rooted them gave them 2 weeks in veg then into flower but this 55 Gal tote had 2" solid mat of fine roots covering the bottom of unit I had to cut my pump out of them. So now have another revision for new unit extra screens around pump. I was expecting to find signs of root rot or heavy staining now I am excited to see what the revised unit will do with around 2 months of veg and starting from rooted clones?
I moved my GC into flower space added screen am going to give it 1-2 weeks before flip under light mover to see if it can’t fill screen before flip it filled half the screen but suspect light mover will increase it’s stretch some it was a compact strain everytime I have flowered it so far

6 Likes

Out of likes, but that sounds like mysteriously awesome growth. @Donaldj they’ll make some great flowers when it’s time.

no real mystery bigger roots equal bigger fruits hydro you see them entirely soil not quite as visible and for the most part it’s the make up of the roots that was shocking to me long fine strands not fish bone so they have far more surface area :wink: An important factor as these take in nutrients and air differently
Also the reason I am running true 5 Gal pots for my ladies in flower now 5 Gal smart pots are actually only 3 Gal factor air pruning and your roots only occupy 2 Gal of soil :wink: My CR in flower was in a 5 Gal bag and is kicking arse so I picked up 7 Gal smart pots for my next go around :slight_smile:
So transplanted my PK into 7 Gal smart pot today if I am right she will be size of my CR in flower before I flip her she also will be last soil plant in flower for several months now I have my mother plants all down to easy to manage sizes again. This is also why all the revamps and adjustments for my hydro units they will be working most of winter so need 2 systems running shortly also don’t want to lose any plants

3 Likes

Out of likes @Donaldj but I agree those smart pots run small. So you use a smart pot in hydro to contain the roots? Is that right?

next hydro grow for me has to be different…single, separate buckets won’t be the way…and once my air pumps are not needed maybe there’s maintenance, replace a diaphragm or something, I need to see how they are running without roots hiding the details

it’ll take a while to accumulate the pieces but it should be good times assembling a system hooking my buckets together making it user friendly raising them off the floor a little, maybe 4-6 buckets, too big for my tent.

2 Likes

No cycling out my last oversized mothers

1 Like

Just had my uncle come by and pick up his clones he wants me to do a road trip this winter to set up his new space and some hydro tutoring

2 Likes

So the weekend was productive harvested my aero unit cleared out flower space #2 then transfered my GC and put it under screen and reset timer 5 am to 8 pm 15/9 for next week or so as she fills screen? Followed that by moving last of my full grown mothers PK into 7 Gal smart pot and placing her under LEC did so tying and bending on her lastnight. Planted one of my GC clones in soil to be a mother and save genes all my mother plants are back to being small again thankfully. My 4 pk cuttings aren’t rooted yet but won’t be long another couple or few days then will move 2 to my new hydro unit which I have 1 more change to make on before it’s ready to rock :slight_smile: My CR is coming along nicely with 3-4 weeks left will do update pictures tonight

7 Likes

My GC working it’s way into screen I haven’t flipped her yet but likely will by end of the week

My PK with a little lst spread tied and adjusting to life under LEC she’s going to be a monster by the time I have space for her I can already tell as she is 3’ around and will get a topping yet and 3-4 weeks to truly grow without restraining

Barely a browning pistil in the lot at week 4 since flip and feedings around 1200 ppm most of leaf loss is below main canopy but will likely dial up ppm slightly for next couple feeds as she is starting to crystal up now nicely and will be fattening over next 2-3 weeks

10 Likes

Sprung loose and bought a second light mover
Will be MIA most of the night giving the kids candy

4 Likes

Evidently my dogs keep the kids away had 3 kids show up which gave me time to set up my light mover have it set to move light 18" pause at each end for 40s I know it doesn’t sound like much right? What it does is effectively distribute par without letting plant ever be out of light’s footprint while letting me lower light some without heat or light burn being a factor. It increases footprint by a foot or 2 while making light intensity within initial footprint even.
Either way cheaper long term than adding more lights at 6-8 watts and the angle changes of the light give better penetration

3 Likes

when I looked at my plants , I would swing the LED lights in small circles thinking that’s all they needed to shine the light on different leaves or, lol, I would have used a turntable to put the plant on and spin it, if it was not tied down with netting or yoyo’s…yeah, that’s it, I need a plant mover :grin: and rotate my plant at 1 rph.

we got zero kids, and I had a sugar buzz at 8PM eating sweets that didn’t get passed out to halloweeners…our street rarely gets kids walking, not a lot of them live on it, the street is home to older and younger families, atm.

2 Likes

Lmao I may have tried to build my own but between the time and the money to piece one together it was actually cheaper to buy one overall it’s really just the motor that was pricey but single motor will move 150lbs of lights if they are correctly balanced and leveled. In a bigger space I could use the single drive motor to move up to 4 lights at once :wink: the rails them selves come in 3-6’ lengths and can be connected or shortened to suit your purpose and space so cheaper long term than adding more lights both due to initial cost of lights and power use but gives same results. I honestly like my old one more but they don’t sell chain drives now it moves light slower than the new one it’s just way harder to adjust size. if my veg space were bigger I would be putting 1 in it too lmao I may yet but not too likely as I have to move around in veg space to access both flower spaces best way to think of it is canopy will stay more level based on fact that par is more even across it if you look at my scrogs you see center of plants stay short where outer edges get taller that is quite simply because light is most intense directly under light and closer to it. by moving light the outer edges will get better par and light can be lower while still giving tops time to cool between passes. This in turn equals more even bud growth and size which is primary reason for scrog in the first place.
It wasn’t that painful a visit to hydro shop I came out with bag of perolite new air stone and Bud Blood as well as light mover for $300 total I had budgeted on about 400 if they still had the trimmer I wanted :wink: Should add an oz or more every grow easily enough based on my other movers results for an extra $2-3 a grow operating cost the math is quite simple and logical no added heat almost no power draw yet same results as adding light hard to lose.
So far no snow yet hardly rained yesterday I made point to take around 35 Gal out of my rain barrel before it freezes will fill new hydro unit today hopefully couple of my Pk clones have roots today? so I can get ball rolling I have GC clones but want to grow my colored strains during winter and PK is better producer

3 Likes

I really would like a light mover…a lightweight one for a tent, and enough to move my 600 watt HID light in a slight arc during lights on time, maybe expanding past my present 4’ box to 6’ even while not heating things up…changing the heating/cooling of the leaves and light angles all day, corner to corner…

light rail 3.5 they can be set at any length and weigh about 3-4lbs if that?

1 Like