Purpose Built shed 2017

a shot of my GC in veg as I am starting to spread her out she’s now 2’x2’ and will be over 3’x3’ within next few weeks

5 clones for my Uncle in small pots to establish more roots

My PK mother waiting in line for space in veg area

Left to right BB WW and CR the 2 in black buckets were just transplanted today 3 Gal buckets drilled hole until they looked like strainers get buckets from work all the time figured why not?

My CR scrog on week 2 of full flower loving the node spacing on this strain and yes this is my non text book scrog with screen applied right at light flip :wink: Guessing she should be a 6-7 oz yield if she continues to preform as she has been so far :slight_smile: No pics from my other flower space which is same strain no screen and Aero unit but she’s just starting to get some colour with 2-3 weeks left to go what I will say is even the buds in the shade are thumb sized and compact though node spacing is further due it stretching far more during transition

9 Likes

And yes I am aware of the tip burn on my ladies in veg I over dosed my nutes last feed next 2 cycles will be straight rainwater ph corrected

1 Like

@Spots some pics of my scrog at flip

2 Likes

All I can say is freaking awesome @Donaldj the
Girls look great.

1 Like

Have 2 new strains ordered to add to my mix by spring or maybe sooner? Bubble Gum and Super Skunk hoping to help the Mrs with her stress level and always loved a classic Skunk :yum: Will likely be offline most of day tomorrow either working or installing OS on rebuilt PC figure will take me day to install my Bookmarks and remember damn passwords lmao. Going with dual OS and installing this pc’s HD and ram will be night and day difference quad core to 8 core 2 T HD and 2G video card also need Windows to access my video cameras from pc without using dedicated monitor or my Phone meaning I can keep dvr in crawl space

3 Likes

Yo @Donaldj you like heavy rock/metal music?

1 Like

I listen to everything except country mood depending will have a listen later my speakers rattle my house the misses would flip this late at night lmao

3 Likes

Haha! Let me know if you like it they are a new band but I’m hooked.

1 Like

You’re she’d is awesome too man props to you for building it yourself. Wish I could do that :+1:

1 Like

Im the EXACT same way man! I will listen to anything from classical to heavy-metal… But not country!

1 Like

after close to 9hrs finally have pc running now to install all my bookmarks again hunt for missing software long night ahead of me

3 Likes

Fair warning explicit lyrics if you don’t like Metal not for your taste :wink:

4 Likes

Busy morning I flushed all my plants in veg and mother space 20 gal later and well over an hour ph and ppm back where I wanted so gave all feed 10 more gallons did cleanup then foliar feed since all were showing Cal-mag def ph was fine on all but ppm was too low on some and to high on others. I will blame it on a hot batch of promix since transplants were high others were low.
That finish moved on to res change quick system flush then changed nutrients to lower ppm to target 900 ppm for week 7 50ml micro 100ml bloom 75ml Botancare Sweet 50ml Liquid Koolbloom. 12 Gal
total water used for res flush and change 20 Gal
so I pretty much emptied my rain barrel but have 20 gal reserved warming up in space since water is low 50’s takes several days to warm enough to use without shocking my ladies too much

6 Likes

@Medforme if you are curious

1 Like

I thought you were running DWC? The only reason I ask is that you mentioned Promix… just curious if you’re runnin a soiless mix or straight DWC buckets?
Question #2 - which Promix do you use? I was thinking about using Promix - I like the mitochondrial aspect but didnt know if it was worth investing the extra in the fungicidal mix.
Im thinking about running the whole thing in Promix (soiless) so I dont have to contend with resivoir temps.

LoL all good I do both I rotate plants and have second flower space is hydro but what I do is veg then flower 2 oldest mothers to rotate them I take cuttings then start new mother. Once they are rotated out again I setup hydro unit for it’s 1 month veg before flowering in 1 of 2 spaces the reason for the current 2 soil plants is so I can revamp my second flower space after the aeroponics unit in it finishes flowering out. It is hard to move a 100 gallon res 4’x2’ with 4 plants verses a single or even 2 soil plants separately. So as not to lose time and recover some space in my mother area I ran 2 cycles in a row with soil :wink:
But if you are curious been 24 days since I took update pictures of my hydro units so scrog up post 679-686 716
Also I described my res change today but I am not doing bucket grow I make my own units

3 Likes

I use promix HP-M

1 Like

I noticed from the pictures that your light is just a normal reflector, and not an air cooled one… Do you not have a problem with heat? Is it just because you’re in the shed and have a main ventilation for the whole area?
I am planning on growing in a 4 x 4 tent - wondering if I need to spend the extra money on the air cooled hood, or if I can just get A normal batwing reflector like yours… What do you think?

First I use 315w LEC which means cooler than 400-600w HID secondly I live in a climate where my ambient air outside is between -20f to 90f on a few days but most of the year it’s cold. So my exhaust does dual duty using a damper it redirects warm air outside and inside at adjustable rate or back inside at any one point I have 2 315w running plus around 200w of t5’s. I can tell you that a vented shade works well I ran a 1000w hps in 4x4 tent it got warm but only low 80’s if you don’t need to run furnace most of the year a vented hood is good investment

2 Likes

Do you find LEC is better than HID? I havent bought my lights yet but am going to very shortly - so the option to get a 315 LEC is still available. I would only be running one for the time being. Would you go w 600w MH/HPS or 315 LEC?

Also, do the LEC use one bulb the entire grow?