Purpose Built shed 2017

My WW doesn’t look nearly as healthy as yours. How long did she get vegged for? @Donaldj after my first grow is over, I’m understanding the size limits with designed spaces. So I could veg longer maybe.

The WW is top picture they are maybe month old and and intentionally rootbound to limit size until I am ready for them the larger ladies are Crown Royal left and Green Crack right both are rotated mother plants the right one will be size of left one or middle picture or close to it by end of month. I keep mother plants small and only excelerate their growth and start to give full feedings 4-6 weeks before flowering prior to that I keep them around 16" feed them lightly and prune often. The cuttings are PK off another mother which needed a pruning

4 Likes

I figured out why my CR flipped to flower so fast lmao I had my veg space set on 15/9 light schedule add in age of plants night time temps and they were just waiting for me to induce. I attacked her with the scissors lastnight lolipop getting rid of anything that won’t be in screen and would just suck energy will give second feed tonight and train down more again pretty much training is daily drill for next week. Even with the cold they sat around 78f lights on 60f off

5 Likes

Not bad my PK came out at about 5oz to start my cure so with the little over 2oz from BB should be around 5 1/2-6 oz from under single 315w LEC still room for improvement few more tweaks should hit my 8 oz goal in another couple cycles :slight_smile: My single CR is almost as large as my BB and PK were combined but don’t see it doing much better being BBxPK strain? Hard to say what I can push out of it in next 8 weeks? Have another 3-4 left in my #2 flower space will see how the light mover pays off?

2 Likes

I would like to know about this light mover also. I considered getting one. Do you have a dehumidifier in your shed? Or do you have the opposite problem there @Donaldj ? When would you lower the humidity to maximize resin production? If you do? Thanks.

I don’t have humidity problems I pull fresh air from outside which is usually not very humid the plants provide the rest I don’t lower or raise RH I feel the 50% range I average works fine :wink: During winter I close intake and recirculate in minus 20 RH issues are as easy as open door to shed for few minutes the dry air replaces warm moist fast.
For resin production I am using LEC’s which have a high UV and PAR which increases resin and Triches the plants natural sunscreen

3 Likes

I read about the additional lighting with UV helping with resin production. Not sure if you’re talking about brightness with the PAR… You must get pretty good results with the additional UV lighting? @Donaldj I have a humidity problem where I am, so I’m constantly dehumidifying just to maintain control. Different places…

PAR is Photosynthetic Available Radiation it is the measure of light your plant will actually use Light Emitting Ceramics LEC are white light vary high Par and UV being multi spectrum they are single bulb whole grow. Unlike HPS MH or LED they have a CRI Colour Rendering Index in the 90’s meaning as close to real light as you get not yellow blue or purple :wink: Lumens is measure of brightness and penetration of light but if it measures spectrum as a whole so not just what plants use like PAR does a light can have high PAR and low lumens. But my LEC is about as bright to the eye as a 600w MH biggest bonus is plants are always highly visible in true colour any tint you see in my pictures is from my brownish floors :wink:
The UV they throw off makes bugs almost non existent being lower wattage they generate less heat too while producing enough to keep plants happy

2 Likes

I’ll look into the LEC for lighting. Never know, maybe I can add it for more lighting or make it my single source. Thanks @Donaldj Learn something everyday.

Plants are happy fixed the Mr’s PC or at the least tracked the problem needs new power supply but will be nice upgrade over this dual core going to a 8 core 4 ghz processor with twice the memory

1 Like

Productive day wired 2 more circuits to panel patched a roof for friend picked up new power supply and cooling fan for PC installed 4 cameras wires routed ready to plug in pvr just planning where I want to keep my monitor. So now have yard security up will add 4 more cameras later and no none are wifi that way people can’t hack into system :wink:

7 Likes

Awesome @Donaldj I should install cameras too. Someday soon. Keep up the great work! Happy and secure growing!

1 Like

Yesterday was a odd day roofed a Carport finished in the rain which persisted for remainder of the day so short work day I think today we are setting up another roof? My dad is dropping by tonight on his way back down to the coast which lands on a spray day for my ladies so will likely put him to work? only 6 plants to spray so can do it after he leaves too but always nice to have another grower come visit and better so when it’s your mentor :wink:

4 Likes

Must be nice to share that with your oldman!?! Back when i was younger my older brother grew and bunch of 4x4x10 boxes stacked up in rooms sea of green style. And we were very close back then. He taught me alot.

1 Like

lol my dad still likes to keep a couple of tricks up his sleeves think he enjoys having tidbits over me

1 Like

Nice to have working camera again just my WW after recent topping

My PK mother working her way to being moved into veg space.

CR and BB mothers kept in holding pattern

The cuttings I took off PK 8 days ago 5 have rooted already and will be moving out from dome shortly to make room for GC cuttings to come

My GC with about 2-3 weeks left before going into flower space #2

My CR in Aero unit week 5 of flower

CR 12 days into flip loving screen and in full flower :slight_smile:

11 Likes

7 Likes

Clones were at 7/8 lastnight final numbers on my single PK harvested 2 1/2 weeks ago 3.6 oz not bad for shared space no screen and single 315w add it to the BB which came to 2.1 got just over 1/2 gram per watt figure adding screen and slight feed and temp mod will be able to bump it some more yet had I run 2 pk even? Rather than a BB notes to check over later see where to tweak not expecting a gram/w but would be nice to get close :wink:
The CR I am flowering rightnow will give me better number and truer picture of whether screen works better as well as if I should be growing novelty strains as auto’s and my good yielding high THC strains as devotees

5 Likes

All 8 cuttings rooted saved 6 5 are for my Uncle 1 for me in pots in my veg space getting a head start for few days while I wait for him to come and get them
Edit just cut 4 GC clones and topped off aero unit as well as transplanted a WW and CR to 3 gal pots

2 Likes

Coming along @donaldj keep up the awesome pics. Can’t wait for the best flower pics.