Pruning/topping/SCROG in a greenhouse

Happy new year everyone!
Year 2 of growing in the Seattle area
I’m looking forward to some new seeds from ILGM and find myself thinking about the greenhouse again. The roof is about 7’ tall at its peak, and last years’ plants were out the windows (both in the ground and in buckets). The bud was decent, but also pretty loose and airy, i.e. didn’t have any of those nice dense colas across any of the varieties.

Now that I know what do do with humidity and heat, I’m looking to improve bud quality. At the same time, hoping to keep the plants inside the greenhouse, i.e. not out the windows for the whole world to see! :slight_smile: So I’m wondering if topping the plants at some point would help, i.e. SCROG, or if there’s another way to limit growth and improve bud, etc.? Any thoughts?

Best to all,
bmc

3 Likes

hey @Bmacpiper topping is helpful and widely used…
in the instance you have autos some do some don’t
i have learned myself that topping autos put a dent in there production.
photos seem more hearty and can take it better. hope this helps and welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome @Bmacpiper! I’m also a Seattle area grower! Tag me if you need anything :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks BIGE!

Ah yes, forgot about the auto vs photo question. My autos didn’t hit the greenhouse roof, so perhaps that’s the easy answer. Might throw a few photos in the pasture just for giggles to see what happens.
best,
bmc

1 Like

Cheers, thank you!
bmc

2 Likes

Hey MattyBear! Is there a way to private message you from here?

No, there isn’t. What can I help you with?! If you don’t mind posting it on here…

No worries, just opened a new topic on beginner/nutrients; might have a look and comment there? Just curious for your feedback since you’re local!
best,
bmc

edit: oops, it’s beginner/plant care/nutrients “Leaves yellowing on new plant”

1 Like