Prize Pick Help

Hi-
I won the October BOM contest this year and need some help choosing the best strain for my prize.
I am an outdoor grower so I need mold resistant strains and already have the following ILGM feminized seeds on hand from my January 2017 purchases.

AMNESIA HAZE
BIG BUD
BUBBLE GUM
GOLD LEAF
PINEAPPLE HAZE
PURPLE HAZE
SOUR DIESEL
STRAWBERRY KUSH

AK-47 lost 50% to mold and will not be grown next season
BLUEBERRY was a total loss because of physical damage that in turn developed into mold. I know this strain does good here so I will try it again next time.
CHOCOLOPE was a total loss because of mold and will not be grown next season.
SUPER SILVER HAZE yielded 10 mold free stems and will not be grown next season

Prize Pick Help

If anyone has experience growing any of these strains outdoors successfully please vote, and reply with your experience
Please refrain from voting if you have never attempted any of these outdoors.

• Green Crack
  • Trainwreck
  • Girl Scout Cookies Extreme
  • California Dream

0 voters

10 Likes

@Willd IMO CD is a pretty good grower. I managed to grow the first of mine to 42” tall with only one topping. I’m starting mine early indoor to avoid any late summer rains and to get and early start on topping, lst, and scrog height is going to be much lower. I lost 20% on bud rot so there’s that too.

2 Likes

I tried the Green Crack in an Ebb & Flow, and I just loved it! Strong strain that shows a good resistance inside. The organoleptic caractéristics of this variety are amazing regarding my preferences: strong taste, and a quiet unique High I should say! Maybe that comes from the fact that i’m not really used to american genetics since I live in Europe, but definetely one of the best strain I have ever grow!

4 Likes

I haven’t voted per post rules, but I suggest trainwreck or green crack @Willd

2 Likes

Well thanks for the input folks.
I’ve yet to have to make up my mind so I’m gonna wait it out and hopefully hear from some more of our friends here.

3 Likes

Those are all good strains as far as quality. I heard super silver haze was mold resistant but takes a long time to flower so you can’t use that one

1 Like

I second gc comments. Drying my ~4oz now but had a popcorn and it hit me in the head then made me laugh.

3 Likes

Cheers man that’s really good to know as I’m mostly a outdoors grower too :ok_hand:

The GSCX, if you give it a head start is a fairly loose, sativa dominant plant which to me ought to offer good airflow for mildew prevention. I would think any heavy Indica that is densely bushy might be problematic.

I heard super skunk, you didn’t run that one did you?

Closing this one out. I’ve made my choice and no turning back now.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

3 Likes

We’re also going to be growing LA Confidential in the Spring. Looking forward to following along with you’re grow @Willd. :sunglasses::v:

1 Like