Pressing Screen

Is this at all useful if I am doing CO2 extraction? I assume this is only for water extracted bubble hash? It comes free with the bag kit, so I figured I would check before I throw it away.

1 Like

@Hogmaster might be able to help answer that for you.

2 Likes

If you put that screen between a nice jar and the right lid, you could have a nice homemade keef shaker for trim. Depending on the size of the screening…

It is a 25 micron pressing screen. I don’t think anything would shake through.

@3high5you Is it a set of 4 or up to 12 bags

these are my bubble bags the bottom purple is 25 µm the top material bag which is blue is 120 µm you put it a ounce in there a bunch ice couple cups of water take a drillbit and a paint paddle for mixing and run it for about five minutes then yes group all the goodies out of the three bags can be sugar leaf or buds of corse better with nugs

1 Like

Thanks @Hogmaster. I know how to use the bags. I plan to do the CO2 dry ice extracting method. I will just use a single 160 micron bag and shake like mad. Can run a half pound at a time in a five gallon bucket.

My question is whether the pressing screen is any use since I’m not using water.

What you just getting the keif ? I’ve never done the dry ice hash only got keif for pressing rosin or making bubble and press it

1 Like

Yeah just use the one bag put your chunks of dry ice in your bag and shake like crazy You can even do it with fresh plants that are cut down without cure buds right in bag and the dry ice pulls it fresh it’s nice

1 Like

Did that answer your question I use 160 micron so no just need the one

1 Like

Might be getting lost in translation here? I’m a bit lit, sooo forgive me if I’m not being clear.

I fully understand how to use the bag.

The bag set came with a free pressing screen. I’ve seen these screens used when making bubble hash with water, but since I’m not doing that, is the screen any use to me, or should I just throw it away? I’m asking whether or not the screen can be used for anything else that I’m not already aware of.

1 Like

Yeah you can put the keif in the bags or bubble hash in the bags and use a rosin press keeps the. Material in the bag so the Rozen can squeeze out onto the parchment paper

1 Like

Did I get it that time ? They just look like little bags that will hold five or 10 g of Keif ?

So, after I shake everything out, take what’s left in the bag and press it through the 25 micron pressing sheet?

I use 65 up to 160 but yeah seems small but that’s what it’s for I actually make my bags are by the sheets and then cut them and make them to size lot cheaper

1 Like

No … just run it through your 160 and hold on to the 25 pressing screen just in case you ever have enough trim to make bubble hash… :wink:
But for the dry ice extraction with the 160 micron bag you will be just fine… and you can run as much as your willing to shake… I find it easier to run a qp at a time and I’ll usually run it twice… will have to get back to you on which size screen I use for this… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes