Potency before and after drying and curing

How do you brew your tea @idek I’m curious

Its simple really, I grab a few fan leaves, keep them whole or grind them up, either way works, and put them inside tea bags or coffee filters. I recommend adding a little more than the recommend amount of tea (the actual tea), this way the weed flavor doesn’t overwhelm ur taste buds. Then get any ole’ pot, add some water, wait for boil and drop ur bag into it. Tea pots work as well if u happen to have one on hand. I’d recommend keeping it in there for about 15 min, but some say up to 30. It will have an effect, multiplying the natural calmness of tea to a point where u feel exceptionally “at peace”. Remember, the thc level in leaves is quite low, stems and trim will add a little more boom to ur buck, but don’t expect anything too spectacular, just sit back and let the tea mellow you out.

4 Likes

I’ll be making a glass before bed! Thank you so much!

Hope it helps, cheers.

the swearing thing for me is tough… I suffer from a condition, a mild form of autism, and a cuss all day long. it is much worse in person than it is when I write… but it still comes through at times. I lack social filters so I piss people off all the time… mostly just candy asses who get offended easily, but normal people too sometimes.
I do understand the need for board moderation… but we are all “grown ups” I am assuming. If there are any twelve year olds perusing a weed growing forum their daddy needs to pimp slap the little bastard. we are who we are… stoners, potheads, etc… surely there are some who grow/smoke purely for medicinal purposes but for most it is a lifestyle, and that lifestyle includes real world language. I do not find this offensive unless it is obvious ones intent is to offend.

9 Likes

Back to the original question that scrimmet posted as far as potency goes funny little story, happen to sell my friend some medicine and 2 months later stop by his house and he decided to smoke one with me and I was blasted,so blasted that I had to ask him where he got it from ,funny thing is he told me it was mine it was just two months later, he had been sitting on it all that time never again will I try to rush that part of the process , patience is a virtue and good things always come to those who wait… now I try to keep my medicine around for at least two and a half to 3 months because by then it’s Screamin Demon and icky sticky icky… :relaxed:

:v:

7 Likes

Okay, I feel I have to weigh in here, given it’s my topic that’s been hijacked. I mean, what the !@#$ (swearing intended)! This thread was about post-harvesting our mutually admired crop, not about Monsanto rants and post editing and profanity. The only recent post that has anything to do with the original topic was from @peachfuzz, and I appreciate the comment (although I can’t say I have experienced such an increase in potency now that my buds have been aging for a couple months, but we’ll see.) We’re all adults (I think) and even if there are some minors here, I’m pretty sure they’ve heard the language used here before. Nobody should be attacking anybody personally, that’s just ridiculous. Can’t we all just stay on topic, sometimes agreeing, sometimes not, but we all keep learning, and some bantering and swearing is par for the course, yes?

5 Likes

I hear you @Skrimmet.Just play nice exchange opinions tip your hat and carry on.

2 Likes

Personally,…I am pretty sure I will never get the chance to find out if my smoke gets more potent after sitting for a few months… unless I harvest one of those 1 lb plants mine will all be gone fairly quickly

2 Likes

Lol I completely agree with you @oak! I’m hoping my next plant yields me a half pound to 3 quarter pounds. Then maybe I can chime in on this subject for real :v:

1 Like

…some of my first stuff is several months old now and it’s character is deeper, it’s completely different than it was a month ago and a month before that etc.

I’m hoping everything follow suit, I don’t think it increases the potency, but I think it may change the high a little ?

…by the way I got a 6+ ounce ilgm White Widow (no scale at the time) I have two of her clones going right now :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Hell yeah I got one going now how long did you veg for scrog?? Ect… Lol pictures

My opinion is the bud is better if properly cured. All aspects of it.

A few years ago I was able to have my best harvest ever. I’ve never had scales because I didn’t want an attempt to distribute charge to go along with a cultivation charge if I got caught, so I don’t know the weight.

I only had three females that year so cloning was the route I took. One plant morphed on me, so I yanked her and her daughters. 20 plants were harvested, which lasted almost a year.

Like most others, if I’m out of smoke and I just harvested…

It seemed like the buds reached the best quality around 4 months, maybe a little less. I didn’t notice much improvement after that, but it didn’t lose anything by the time I was done with it all.

I always wanted 30 per season after that, but I believe I can get more with less now due to the help I have gotten here.

Thank you to everyone…

4 Likes

No! You cannot use vulgar profanity on this website.

This post and your post will be deleted once members can see this reply for clarity on the subject. Post as a respectful Human being, or DO NOT POST!

All posts are the property of ILGM and can be managed any way we see fit.

latewood :slight_smile: Admin

p.s. After wasting almost 2 hours of my time addressing the childish inappropriate language and posts made here; 2 members are suspended, and 2 others strongly WARNED. Let us all do our best to stop the bleeding. post will be removed in a couple days along with the evidence of this farce!

Thanks for clarifying @latewood I wasn’t sure or not

How did you get yours ?

Okay, I know this is an old thread…Curing makes the bud better, true, more potent, no, more refined, yes. You can never go beyond the genetics. With that said, curing makes smoother, calmer high, as well as removes the harshness.

1 Like

My experience is that curing greatly increased the potency. I had some 10 year plus old bag seeds. Last summer I decided to plant a few outside. One female grew to maturity. after drying I stored in glass in a dark closet. Tried some after about 3 months and it was okay, 5 months a little better. didn’t try again for about 4 more months and wow!!! It’s unbelievable how much it improved.

2 Likes

Yeah i wish i waited an extra week or two before cutting my first down …don’t be im a hurry.

I’m no expert but from what I think I understand it’s not to improve the THC content but to preserve it from deteriorating. If done too quickly you lose flavour and smell and THC will deteriorate.
Now I hung a couple small buds in a glass for 2 days then wrapped up top for 2 days smoked that to hold me over. It will improve in the jars after a few weeks curing but u can smoke it when it’s dry enough to burn well. I did

1 Like