Potency before and after drying and curing

It isn’t marijuana making me paranoid…it’s world conditions and politics!

4 Likes

Just because you are paranoid it doesn’t mean that they aren’t out to get you :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @Skrimmet,

There actually seems to be a lot of competing opinions around flushing. I know many people firmly believe that it is an important step for maintaining a good tasting bud, but the more I read the more I see people who feel that there is no appreciable difference. And some of these people are pretty respected in the growing community.

I’d be tempted to do a blind taste test. Flush one plant but not the other, then dry cure and sample.

Anyone remember the Pepsi Challenge? Same idea, only this version would be about 10,000 times more fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

lmao…I’m retired, old and in the way with my 4’ x 4’ personal grow tent…have you ever seen the movie “Soylent Green”?..there’s my future.

everyone is on a list somewhere…:memo:…the ones I’m on would put you to sleep.

6 Likes

“Soylent Green is made of people… and increases bud yield by up to 32%!!!”

I’m pretty sure that’s a direct quote from the movie.

5 Likes

brought to you by Miracle Grow…

2 Likes

Damnit @kabongster, you just made me snort my morning coffee!

Although Miracle Grow being made from dead bodies would explain a lot of things…

2 Likes

Ok, I’m on a new list…I just looked up corpse bugs…this is a quote…

“Many mites feed on corpses with Macrocheles mites common in the early stages of decomposition,”

are those really fungus gnats people are complaining about coming from MG soil?

1 Like

I suspect they come from all soil and I believe they’ve come from the Fox Farm ocean Forest that I’m currently using

1 Like

How about there SoyBean-Seed patent and the fact they are going after the
farmers who made the mistake of trusting them in the first place.

Watch out if you have anything at all to do with this company

interesting article
https://www.organicconsumers.org/old_articles/Monsanto/farmerssued.php

2 Likes

I do remember the Pepsi Challenge. Since I flushed and harvested all at once, the experiment will have to wait 'till the next grow (unless someone else wants to take it on). BTW, so I harvested and scraped a pea-sized glob of hash-like resin off my pruners and decided what the Hell, this doesn’t need curing, I’m gonna smoke it. Oh My God, two hits and I was couch-locked for two hours!:astonished:

7 Likes

I love smoking my scissor hash! I usually do immediately after, since trimming is such a pain!
I get a lot every time I’ve trimmed my plants. I like to pack a bowl and add a ball of hash on top.

4 Likes

How do you patent a plant? Frig that! If you don’t want to share the plant openly then don’t frigging sell it. Wow, this is so wrong to me, and sounds like a dangerous thing for a company to be able to do.

3 Likes

That ‘scissor hash’ or ‘finger hash’ is some seriously potent product. It’s almost pure trichromes (and that’s where most of the good stuff resides). Also, when you are manicuring your bud,instead of getting all of that wonderful resin on your hands, wear inexpensive latex gloves and when you are done, throw them in the freezer for a few hours. Come back later and crack off the resin and ‘voila!’ - more awesome quality hash!

7 Likes

That’s exactly what I do! I scrape the hash off my shears after a couple branches and roll it into a ball, then into a little concentrate jar it goes!

3 Likes

That’s a great idea wearing the gloves. I actually thought of all the resin on my hands and what a waste as I was washing and scrubbing it off!