Potency before and after drying and curing

10-20 days for a fast drying, how is that a fast drying then haha?

2 Likes

This.

Many people think that the drying process increases the amount of THC. It doesn’t, but taking the time to dry and cure properly means removing more of the water molecules, which makes the THC more reactive, thus giving you a better end product.

9 Likes

I’ve been reading Ed’s stuff for a long time, dreaming of the day I could grow legally, almost teared up when I got my medical card.

4 Likes

A very good way to look at it and sound advice
This is the way I have looked at it for a very long time and it works

1 Like

I’m very happy for you @rjw71 . I have very bad insomnia that sometimes lasts for days.I also have a persistent back problem (which sometimes leads to insomnia). All the medication that my doctor has been able to offer me either has the potential to be addictive or has some unpleasant side effects.

The legality where I live is very muddled at the moment, but while I’m waiting for that to clarify I just want something natural without a lot of side effects that I can take periodically to help me sleep and take the edge off of my mild but chronic pain.

Growing my own organic herb for occasional personal use seemed so much more sensible a choice than dealing with either seedy dealers in a parking lot (and supporting the violent gangs in my area that supply them) or risking the side effects and potential addiction issues of dealing with prescription pharmaceuticals.

7 Likes

It’s not a good situation…you go to a doctor’s office with a reputation as a friendly, law abiding citizen that everyone likes until you ask for a prescription for marijuana.
Now, you are a drug user with a more negative connotation.

Let me see…you go to the office and antibiotics, blood pressure meds, pain meds, vitamins…literally thousands of pills, patches, injectables are recommended and prescribed with side effects ranging up to death…all drugs…but you aren’t a drug user till you ask for pot.

And why? Because you prefer the side effects over their prescribed meds…

And big Pharmaceutical companies come out with new meds and bad secondary effects.

So what is so wrong with falling asleep at night on the couch after eating, watching a movie on tv, all with a smile on your face?

12 Likes

Legalizing marijuana would cause the price to free fall to numbers that haven’t been seen in decades.
The most expensive part of legalizing will be government fees and taxes.

I’d still grow as a hobby, outdoors and freely because it’s relaxing…lots of plants if allowed, so prices wouldn’t bother me. And something special grown indoors…

3 Likes

It’s what we do in this forum daily.

2 Likes

The country I live in has a limited number of legal options for purchase - about a dozen big companies produce medical smoke. Already they have been lobbying to dramatically increase the price by 100% for ‘safety’ reasons to prevent users users from getting sick.

Now don’t get me wrong - I’m all for safety… yet you don’t see tomato companies using safety concerns to double the prices of tomatoes, do you? People all around the world safely grow their own tomatoes for personal consumption in their back yards, on their sundecks, in their green houses and even hydroponically. Does even 1 person in a million get a case of food poisoning from growing their own tomatoes? Probably not. Which is probably why you don’t see big tomato producers lobbying government to raise prices through the roof and take away the general public’s ability to satisfy their jonesing for some marinara sauce. But given the direction that the western world seems to be moving in these days, maybe it’s only a matter of time before we will…

8 Likes

We can’t let it get to licenses required for home growing allowing a government agent access to your property for inspection of your home gardens, outdoors and indoors, for safety and health issues.

2 Likes

You’re right, you can’t harvest each bud one at a time because you have to flush the entire system first. You really have to harvest all at once, so some will be ripe and some will not. Also you don’t want to turn the lights out for a day or two and then turn them on again for the immature ones, do you?. Just harvested today and some were ready and some definitely could have used more time. Oh well, so it goes.

2 Likes

Good with the bad that’s the way it goes…

1 Like