Poor newbie finally grows! šŸ˜†

Hey all! I donā€™t know if a couple of you may recognise me, I posted here a while ago talking about my planned one plant closet grow, well finally Iā€™ll now be growing for the very first time! Iā€™ve chosen an Autoflower for my first, ā€œMed Gom 1.0.ā€ Iā€™ve tried to get more of a medical strain as Iā€™m doing all of this to try to handle pretty intense all over chronic pain.

I live in Australia where itā€™s not legal so that makes things much more difficult, luckily I found a hydroponic store here where the guys are extremely involved in growing your own weed / medicine and they help out a lot of cancer patients. Theyā€™re super genuine so Iā€™ve put a lot of trust in them and just spent $600 there the other day to buy basically everything Iā€™ll need. And now Iā€™m broke :sweat_smile:

So long story short, Iā€™ve chosen to grow hydroponically (purely on the advice of the store owner). I have a grow tent setup in my wardrobe with a MarsHydro LED. The whole thing probably isnā€™t amazing but Iā€™m pretty damn poor so itā€™s the best I can do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So Iā€™m currently soaking a rock wool cube in water / root solution and in an hour Iā€™ll be putting that into my propagation kit with the seed. Iā€™m trying to research as much as I can but to be honest Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m doing, I will figure it out though! Not sure what the point of this post is exactly, I guess I just want to feel like I have some support for this grow! Iā€™m in desperate need of pain relief so Iā€™m really hoping I can do this well :relaxed:

11 Likes

welcome to ILGM :smile:. I am a soil grower but there is a ton of help available for you here. Tell us what your $600 bought you. what is your setup?

2 Likes

Youā€™ll get loads of support from the wonderful Iā€‹:heart:GM community. Great people here, guys, gals , dogs you name it. Donā€™t be afraid to ask any questions. No judging, just friendly advise. :slight_smile: good luck. Should make a grow journal. We love to follow!

2 Likes

I do remember youā€¦ glad to see you backā€¦ sorry to hear that your still in alot of painā€¦
Now that you have a set up you should post a support ticket , just so we know what your working with and what your current plan of action isā€¦ :wink:
With everyone here we should be able to get you up and running towards pain reliefā€¦ :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Welcome my friend. I also am a soil grower due to itā€™s forgiving nature. Youā€™ve come to the right place. Everyone grows their own meduim so you can get plenty help. Folks here are great & if they donā€™t know answer theyll tag someone who does.
Happy growing

1 Like

Thanks for your responses everyone, very much appreciated!

Iā€™ll start a grow journal for this in a minute :laughing:

Hereā€™s my setup (I hope this makes sense):

• Hydroponic DWC (I believe itā€™s called, such a noob! :sweat_smile:)
  • 16L flower bucket, growing medium is clay pebbles.
  • Homebox Ambient Q60 Tent:
    Assembled size: 60 Ɨ 60 Ɨ 120 cm or inches 24" x 24" x 47" // Grow space: 0.36 m2
  • Phresh Intake Filter (150 MM x 200 MM) ā€œpre filter for cool tubeā€
  • Nutrients - CYCO Platinum Series
  • Light - MarsHydro LED

I also have photos but maybe Iā€™ll post them in my grow journal so that I donā€™t clog this post up! Currently my seed is sitting inside rockwool cube in the propegation kit which is sitting in my tent under the LED light. No sign of life yet but I only just put the seedling in there about 24 hours ago.

2 Likes

Heyā€¦ good for You. I have to say DWC is absolutely awesome, just remember to change that buckets water every week ideally and be sure youā€™ve got enough oxygen in the bucket. (Bubbles)
GL HF, if you ever get stuck, YouTube usually sorts the problem,

2 Likes

Thanks, I was actually just investigating that right now as to how often to change water in the bucket! I already own dechlorinator (for my fish) so Iā€™ll use that too as Iā€™ve read that chlorine isnā€™t ideal in the water. The shop also gave me something to hook up that creates oxygen / bubbles or something like that, I havenā€™t looked into it much just yet.

I was reading that people correct and check PH levels etc but I spoke to my local hydro store today and he said thatā€™s good to do but seeing as Iā€™m so broke and desperate that itā€™ll still work without that, hopefully thatā€™s true!!

1 Like

Hey everyone, Iā€™ve started a grow journal :smile:

Crossing my fingers I go ok on this first grow as I stupidly only bought one Med Gom 1.0 Auto seed! I do have 3 or so Blueberry Autoā€™s but Iā€™m hoping for the Med Gom first as itā€™s more of a medical strain.

2 Likes

Oh dopehatā€¦ how i envy you <3 I had a 10 bucket system that I went round opening each bucket once or twice per day for 3 monthsā€¦ legit. Not. Fun.
If you donā€™t have a pump to make oxygen/bubbles you get root rot which basically destroys your plant although you can recover from it. (I did thank jebus)
Ph up down should be about 10 bucks on eBay for 250ml bottles, you could get 100ml ones as itā€™s only one bucket toā€¦ but all Iā€™ll say is from my 4 or 5 months of research and chatting on her3, PH is the number one problem. I accidentally fed my now soil plants ph of 6 and they dropped like madā€¦ hydro is 5.8 ideally and tap water should be close to 7, so if highly highly ridiculously advise getting a ph pen ect ppm or parts per million isnā€™t exactly essential but PH is so incredibly essential.

1 Like

Wow 10 buckets! :open_mouth: I keep checking my setup of one and itā€™s only been 24 hours since the seed has been put in the rockwool! :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve got a pump which the hydro owner said I needed. So tomorrow Iā€™m going to buy a cheap $30 PH kit and Iā€™ve found a cheap $20 TDS on Australian EBay:
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=322444534972&category=181059&pm=1&ds=0&t=1498134731620

What do you think?

(Admin am I allowed to post external links?)

They donā€™t like ebay apparentlyā€¦ Iā€™ve had 2 ph pens now, one I dropped in the bucket like a pro so I bought a water proof one, I just somehow presumed it was water proofā€¦ smart guy lol
Iā€™d always advise ebay personally, saves an absolute fortune compared to hydro stores and I feel itā€™s safer

1 Like

Did you germinate your seed btw?

1 Like

The seed is currently being germinated, no sign of life yet. Itā€™s been 2 days. The seed is over 8 months old so Iā€™ve heard it can take longer to germinate? Hopefully itā€™s warm enough in the lil propegation dome under my LED! I donā€™t have a heat mat so hoping itā€™s ok!

Wait wait is it in water?? Till she sinks?

The usual method is paper towel, drop it in water until she sinks, sometimes take 6 hours sometimes 20, then put it in a wet paper towel and the tap root comes out super quick (over night)

I put her straight into rockwool cube as directed by the guy at the hydro store.

I put the rockwool cube in water + nutrient solution for 2 hours then put seed inside that which is now all sitting inside propegation dome. I never put the seed in water, the Hydro guy said I wonā€™t have to with this method :neutral_face::neutral_face:

Hydro has a super high germination % but honestly in future Iā€™d advise you tubing the paper towel method (mainly cause itā€™s so cool to see the tap roots popping out, cool experience) GO anyway, keep us updated (tag me when she likes her head out if you donā€™t mind) :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ll definitely tag you! Anxiously awaiting her arrival and keeping fingers crossed!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely remember you, and Iā€™d love to tag along in the thread too lol! Glad to see youā€™re back!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like