Please place your seats in the upright position

@cyberblast.

Hey my friend!!

Excellent on your lights!! They look like they are going to work well for you!!

I’m attaching a photo of the fixture that’s getting delivered tomorrow.

It’s a CF Grow 200 watt. Two Cree CXB3590 COB’s driven by a Meanwell driver. It has dimming capability via a knob on top of the housing. It pulls a true 200 watts from the wall.

Instead of my Optic six going in the tent next. , I’m going to put his one in first as it seems the most logical choice considering the plants growth stage is at this time.

My plants are photos. I’m thinking I’m going to veg four weeks before flipping.

The plants have been exposed to 24 hours of light since they germed.

I’m going to transplant at the next watering and begin their 18/6 light schedule.

Yes you are correct concerning the need for additional light at time of bloom. The more red and to a lesser extent far red you have at that time the better.

I’m also uploading a photo I just took a few minutes ago of the plants.
They are growing …well like a weed!:sweat_smile:

Talk to you a little later guy.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

9 Likes

Whop whop there going so well happy day my friend

2 Likes

@Caosred

Thank you my friend!!!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

@Alton66 Looking good guy. What was the cost of that light? I am interested because it looks like it will shine a sunshine color rather than red/blue/white like the led’s. Some of the led’s dont give enough in the white range like the t5’s and the other types that are white light at 2700 freq.

My plants have been 24 hour exposure as well. Soon as my new lights get here will put them at 18/6. And it looks like my 2 clippings arent going to make it. They are…well…not doing well at all. And with the mother I clipped from going into flower, new clones might not make it either. Too bad…wanted to save the genetics of the mother. Will try one more time I guess and see what happens.

Your ladies are looking pretty. I topped mine, dont member if I told you. And the taller one didnt even notice and grew another inch. I do believe it is a male. Which is great…I think the one next to it is a female. Guessing. of course at this point. The other two…dont know but hope they are female. They get large enough will move those then to the other tent. It should be free by then, I hope. That way I can keep the male and female in the same pot in the tent by them selves and get some seeds of whatever it is. Will be my own breed then unless I cross it with something else. Will have to see. Maybe send ya some of the seeds from those two.

talk atcha later guy

1 Like

@Alton66 nice light,how much did that set you back if you do not mind me asking…

2 Likes

Good morning !!!

@cyberblast and @BIGE,

That light is currently 319.00 with free shipping on Amazon.

What sold me is that every part to the exception of the case is either made in the United States or Germany.
The case is made in China as is the assembly of the light.

@cyberblast

Yes these are white light COB’s. The light produced is as close to natural sunlight as possible.

White light COB’s emit light that most closely resembles the Mc Cree graph which has been known as the benchmark in the measurement of artificial light spectrum as it relates to natural light.

I’m sorry to hear about your clones.:slightly_frowning_face:. Yes you could make another cutting.

I’ll go make an update on our contest thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

Speak to you a little later buddy.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That looks old like a solid light @Alton66

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

Good Morning my friend!

Thanks! I’m thinking for the components vs cost , it was a no brainer. :slightly_smiling_face::+1::kissing_heart:

Have a great Friday buddy!

You have a great day as well @Alton66
Can you post a link for it ? Or just tell me the name of mfg and model number I’ll look it up myself

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @ Cyberblast @BIGE

Here’s the link to Amazon where I purchased it.

CF Grow Dimmable CREE CXB3590 200W 26000LM COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum - replace HPS 400W Growing Lamp - Indoor Plant Growth Panel Lighting - White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XKW7M92/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_01F6zb2JE471Z

Here is the link to their website;

http://www.pdgrow.com/index.php?m=Show&a=index&cid=12&id=42

1 Like

Thanks @Alton66

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971

Your welcome!!

It’s a quality light for the price.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

I’m going to check them out Ill be buying new lights in the near future and I’m trying to get all my options sorted out @Alton66 I own 9 fixtures now so I’m not in a rush

2 Likes

Happy Saturday morning everyone!!!

This morning I installed a new two COB fixture in the tent.

This is taking the place of the single COB unit that I was using during the seedling stage.

Once the plants hit the third week of veg I’ll install the third and final light.

The new light has dimming capability and is currently set at 50%. I’ll slowly increase the light intensity over the course of next week.

The plants are getting to the point of another transplant. Before I do that I’m going to top them then wait a few days before transplanting due to stress.

Here’s a couple of photos Intook this morning after installing the current light fixture. The humidity level you see indicated on the meter is lower than it’s usual 70% due to having he tent flap open while installing the light.

I hope everyone will have a great Saturday!!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

12 Likes

Looking real good @Alton66!

2 Likes

Good afternoon everyone!:slightly_smiling_face:

Today I installed the Optic 6 in the tent and in doing so I had to rearrange everything.

That’s a good thing because the light placement is what it needs to be for he remainder of the grow.

As far as the plants go it’s week one, day three of veg.

Here’s a couple of photos showing the light placement and a close up of the plants.

was

Talk to everyone a little later.

Have a great rest of your Sunday.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

10 Likes

nice set up @Alton66 optic 6 is a great light!
looks like it is backing up/supporting some other good lights!

2 Likes

@BIGE

Thank you !

I’m going to get two more single COB fixtures to illuminate the corners then I think we’re finished on the lighting needs of this tent.

I hope you’ll have a great Monday. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Nice :+1:t2: and healthy

2 Likes

@Caosred

Thanks !!!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes