Please help with deficiency

Please help. Not sure what is wrong with this plant as it’s growing in the same res as the one next to it. Both are same strain growing in oxy pots. Strain - purple haze, Ph 5.7, room temp 26°, res temp 17°, humidity 50 % all readings stable

, feeding samurai shogun nutrients at 900ppm. Plants were flipped to 12/12 13 days ago and are showing little flowers. Over the last few days some leaves on 1 plant have turned purple and started to dry out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I can’t see plant well in purple light but being start of flower here would be first suspect.

2 Likes

I think one issue would be the temperature both seem to be really low unless they are in celsius. A picture in natural light would help as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. They are in Celsius and will post pic in natural light shortly. There is 2 plants in 1 big oxy pot and both are the same age and same strain so don’t understand why 1 would a deficiency and the other doesn’t.

2 Likes

Each plant even if the seeds came from the same plant will show different characteristics. Some plants just need different things ro thrive.

1 Like

I’m growing hydro and it quotes on the link that it’s more a less impossible to be a potassium deficiency when growing hydroponically. Link is much appreciated thank you

competition one has better root mass or better air also one simply may be displaying faster, from Canada some 17c made sense to me :wink: Once your plants display flowers you should be introducing a greater PK level plants early flower are hungry for PK Cal Mag and Silicate the Mag helps nutrient transport Silicate and Cal stem thickening to support buds, PK bud development

2 Likes

I am pretty sure since I specialize in hydro :wink: You might not want to entirely rule it out so fast

6 Likes

@Donaldj they look great mate, and I think with the little information you have you could well be spot on with the potassium deficiency.

That’s great. Thanks for the info. I think a visit to the hydro shop is in order.

Deficiency doesn’t mean absence it means not enough and under LED’s @dbrn32 has mentioned if I am remembering correctly that phosphorus can be an issue at times?

is also quite likely but very few additives which aren’t both PK since they work hand in hand so boils down to need a PK booster of some sort. Same solution helps if it is either one :wink:

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I got my new LED’s will likely tag you into my thread later since I aim to open them up and peak inside like a kid lmao

4 Likes

Yes… I know very little about hydro in general, but I wouldn’t expect anyone could say they’re not having an issue with deficiencies because they’re in hydro.

In my personal experience, as well as following several high intensity led grows here among other places, plants are just hungry in general about this stage of grow. If you’re running a good amount of light @Anagy650 it wouldn’t surprise me a bit they’re starving for some nutes.

I agree with @Donaldj it’s difficult to tell what your plants are showing under that type of lighting. I’m not familiar with that line of nutes, but I’ll go check them out. I noticed specifically you didn’t mention adding any calmag either? My understanding is they’re a staple in hydro if you’re not getting good amount in base nutes.

1 Like

Sweet! You doing new thread or just boosting along on the old one? I think I already have that set to watching. If not, I’ll make sure I do.

1 Like

My journal since I won’t be running them until my PK finish 2-3 weeks yet may add them for extra boost but would be simpler once plants are out of space.

1 Like

Pic under better light.

I also add cal mag to My solution as I know I need to growing hydro. I do have some shogun pk and boost but if just read I need the active boost if adding to the res so I will need to get some asap.

Would it hurt to just give them some pk without the boost for now? @Donaldj @dbrn32

2 Likes

They actually look nute burnt in this picture? 900 ppm 5.7 ph what’s your light distance? look like fair enough size plants for the ppm

2 options try a lowered ppm 750 then add booster or just run lower ppm for few days

3 Likes

@Donaldj they are fair size plants. They are due for the water top up so will add only phed water only. This should bring the ppm down and will try with a lower ppm for a few weeks and see how they go.

I glanced at schedule, appears you can use either one as root feed or foliar?

I think Donaldj is onto something asking about light distance. Sorry if i missed it, but what are you running for lights?

Without going back and forth a ton on how you’re getting to your ppm, are you around the recommended doses on schedule? It’s calling for that additional pk, even if this is a light related issue. Not sure what the possibilities are of maybe a little deficiency making it more prone to some light damage?

1 Like

Lights are about 17" away from plants. 2x 900w mehizi led lights in 1.2mx 1.2m x 2m tent. The nutes state between 2ml - 4ml per litre of water and I have started with 2ml per litre. Thanks for the help. It’s very much appreciated.

1 Like