Plants drooping and turning yellow

FB0B27E2-BE27-44EB-95D8-47CA0C1869E6|374x500

My dwc plants have been drooping and looking sad the fan leaves are turning yellow. I switched out the water tanks today and have them in just plain water. How long should I leave them in plain water before I add nutrients again? What can I do to bring life back to these plants?

@bob31
@Hogmaster
@Countryboyjvd1971

@Donaldj

@Vega1robert

a support ticket would be helpful

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like

Your pH is going to be in a bad range… your water level looks like it’s an issue as well…
also how much air are you putting into the water ? And I’m sure your water temps might be an issue as well…
going without nutrients isn’t going to help you , it’s actually going to make things worse… :wink:
Get freash batch of nutrients and pH in order… ppm should be 450 to 650 assuming your using Ro water with a ppm of 0 to 5 ppm…
Water level should be 1 inch lower then net cup unless your roots haven’t reached the water yet… if a couple plants Roots haven’t reached the water yet , top feed water from the reservoir at least 3 times a day to get the roots to grow down into the water , but still maintain that one inch air gap between the net Cup and the reservoir water… :wink:
The next thing you need to look at is make sure you have enough air going into your Reservoir and that there are no limitations as far as clogged or kinked lines running to the air stones… you also might need more air or more air stones in the reservoir …
need more info… but as of now that’s where I would start …
also what kind of nutrients are you even using?
:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Support Ticket

Northern lights ilgm
Five plants
They are in third week of flower
They are in 10gl of water
I change resivor every other week
I’m using advanced nutrients
Indoor grow tent 5x4x2
Using mars hydro led 6-8 in from plants
Temps are around 72-78 40-50% humidity
I have a ventilation system installed

@Vega1robert

You missed a few

Age from Sprout and Flower:

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Temps; Day, Night: and temps of your Res

Humidity; Day, Night:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

@Donaldj

7 weeks old.
Don’t know ph
I use the scale from advanced nutrients for ten gallons. 5oz of grow, bloom, micro
I add new nutrients once a week and change entire resivor every other week
I don’t know the temperatures of the resivor.
40-50 humidity day and night

I’m not sure what the res temps need to be but i tagged @Donaldj for some help.

There you go. it also sounds like you may not know the TDS of your nutrient mix either?

You need a pH Meter, pH up and Down pH Calibration Fluid, A TDS meter and 1500 calibration fluid.

Do some reading on pH and TDS on the forum.

The items listed below are for reference

Apera pH Meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?tag=greenrel-20

ph and tds meters

ph meter only

https://www.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Nutrient-Calibration-Solution-Included/dp/B00PECAQ12/ref=sr_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20&th=1&psc=1

7.0 calibration fluid

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D0CKYK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=greenrel-20

1500 ppm TDS Test Solution

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TNAA5W/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

The 3 most important parameters in hydro are ph, tds and temperature. You aren’t tracking any of them. You need to track, monitor and adjust for a successful hydro grow. It’s surprising that your plants made it this far. Good for you. That shows you have been caring for them.

1 Like

Should I just chop them down and throw them away. They have been droopy for over a week. Some of the lower leaves are just dead now the buds are not fully developed to keep. Should I get rid of them?

@Vega1robert

Since you didn’t tag anyone, none of us saw your reply. I hope you didn’t do anything that drastic when all you need to do is follow our directions to fix the little things that need to be fixed. All of the issues we brought up are fixable.

When you respond and you want us to see it tag like I tagged you with the @ in front of the username like for me @bob31

@Myfriendis410

1 Like