Pineapple Express Auto 2nd Hydro Grow

Getting more of this I don’t get it. My ph was at 6.0 this morning it seems to keep going to 6 even with the ph perfect meh…

@Donaldj @ktreez420 @Majiktoker @Screwauger @Wishingilivedina420state @Nugs @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

I was a fan of ph perfect right until first time I used it only works in RO at full strength and all it does is keep ph in hydro range not at 5.8 but between 5.5-6.2 I still think your ppm is too low myself

3 Likes

I just added more nutes Its sitting at 550 right now. Should I get it up higher? @Donaldj

1 Like

I rarely run my hydro units below 600ppm and depending how many weeks by the time I am in flower it can range from 900-2200 strain and plant size factored in I would try going to 700 ppm. The nutrients themselves stablize ph and as ppm drops ph rises if you are dropping 90-100ppm a day you could easily be in 700 range goal is to have water drop while ppm stays close to the same then top off with same ppm

2 Likes

@Noctis420 that’s a calmag issue check the chart.

1 Like

If ppm is low then not a whole lot is available depending on product line as long as ppm is high enough Cal mag isn’t always needed

2 Likes

Been keeping it at 700 ppm ph was 5.7

@Donaldj @Wishingilivedina420state @Screwauger @Nugs @bob31 @ktreez420 @Countryboyjvd1971

7 Likes

Looking good buddy

1 Like

Look at how big she’s gotten in just a couple weeks,

2 Likes

exactly why I love hydro once you get roots established growth rates are crazy

3 Likes

Hey @Donaldj I noticed some gnats flying around inside by my tent by the plant and I keep finding them dead on the floor in the tent. Particularly on the right side. I think I might have a bug problem? I noticed that some of the leaves kind of have a shiny smear on them too I noticed it the day I posted about the calmag deficiency and thought it was that now I’m thinking otherwise. When I look inside the resivor I don’t see anything flying around. Nothing floating in the water and the roots look nice and white since I’ve put in the second bubbler. There is a few dried up yellow fan leaves on the bottom so I removed those and any other dead/dying foilage down below and i was inspecting the base of the plant and I don’t see any white mold or anything. I dumped some peroxide on all the grow medium. I read it kills larvae on contact…not sure if any were actually in there though. So what is the next step, what do you think I should do from here?

Tell me this isn’t weird I found a ladybug on my plant??? :open_mouth: How is this possible now I’m all searching for more. Lol it’s just walking around chilling. Should I get it out of there or try to keep it alive?

@Donaldj @Screwauger @Wishingilivedina420state @Nugs @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971

3 Likes

Not exactly sure but I think they eat bad critters but not sure if they would munch leaves, deposit eggs or other unwanted things. Me, I would take it out.

1 Like

Ok I’m going to let a few more people chim in and then make a decision. Hopefully I can find the little bugger lol

They are predatory insects and will eat “bad” bugs around your plants. When there is no longer a food source, they move on. :+1:

2 Likes

I think it’s a good thing to have ladybug :lady_beetle: in your grow room. Check with the pros to be safe , I forgot hat they eat that eats weed, but there are a lot of videos on utube about it.

2 Likes

Good thing! Many times I have seen growers put lady bugs in their grow room to help kill gnats etc. @Noctis420

3 Likes

Lady bugs eat aphids mites and other insects and people actually release them in greenhouses and grows to keep pests down

5 Likes

Was just going to post that @Donaldj when I saw you had already
One last note
Lady bugs will move on when no food source is present @Noctis420
I’m actually thinking about getting praying mantis for next outdoor grow season to help with all the pests on my land :+1:
Not all bugs are bad lol

4 Likes

857 ppm ph at 5.8 had to drop it down she looks a little sad it was at 6.6 when I got home. Did a flush and added fresh nutrients yesterday morning. I added a extra light. Wish I had another one for the other side. I know she will perk up overall looking good to me.

@Screwauger @ktreez420 @Nugs @Wishingilivedina420state @Countryboyjvd1971 @Donaldj @bob31

5 Likes