Ph help and need a better understanding!

I recently bought a new digital ph meter and has been calibrated. Was using a probe type before, but it didn’t seem to be right. Probe type ph meter showed ph level in soil to be between 6.5 and 7 all the time. So with new digital meter I took soil and put it in some water and made a slurry and let it settle out. Showed to have a ph of 5.3 with digital meter. I knew something was wrong because plant wasn’t growing as it should and leaves started getting some brown dried ends. I did flush soil with lots of water ph’d to 6.8, approximately 4 gallons. On last gallon I took a sample of run off and ph is same as water- ph 6.8. I was wondering if I did this right or what should I have done different.

3 Likes

@Bshmstr I’m gonna tag you into a thread I made and tag the probwho gave me the info on ph
@garrigan62 more help with ph is needed please help

@Bshmstr hope your ready to read lol
Ph is the key to your plant , smart move starting this thread. Good luck :+1::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Thank you, I need all the help I can get

2 Likes

Your about to get all you want lol :joy: No worries :wink:

2 Likes

@Wishingilivedina420state thanks for the awesome info!!!

2 Likes

Your welcome @Bshmstr , I hope it helps.

2 Likes
3 Likes

it all sounds right…a bad pH reading from the probe, they aren’t very reliable, the tip should be cleaned regularly, not the best way to measure pH…a flush is up to 3 times the container size with pH’ed water, a one gallon pot could take 3 gallons of water…depending on media there may not be much food for the plants after the flush, they may need a feeding.

best wishes on the grow, keep us updated :wink:

2 Likes

I’m with @kabongster
Best option but a decent digital pm meter
Those probes type are very unreliable
And our plant to valuable imo

1 Like

I’m sorry but a flush is done with a chemical and at 3 times pot size…

If it’s a water flush it’s 10 times the pot size. As water does not remove salt very well. If it did there would be no need for products like sledgehammer and other chemical flushes.

A final flush at the end of harvest is used with ph water , but that’s to let the plant Cannibalize itself and make the smoke smother.

1 Like

I did recently purchase a digital ph meter, also finally got my ph to within 6.4 after flushing and finally gave nutes, cause plant did show some signs after all the flushing. Thanks everyone for all the help.

I’ve read this thread and it really helps me understand a lot about PH. thanks for this topic this will benefit my grow.

1 Like

Hey @GoblinBoy first off welcome I’ve seen you bouncing around the treads
Do you have one of your own yet ?
If you have any questions feel free to tag myself or some of the other regulars we all enjoy helping
I also tag you on the hash making thread

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’m preparing now for growing. I haven’t tried it yet so I join this community. Thanks anyways.

1 Like

@GoblinBoy no worries
When you decide to start a thread tag me in
And if you have any questions about setting up let me know have you decided on a strain you’d like to try or you planning on starting with bag seeds ?

@Wishingilivedina420state

Let me know what you think!!!

1 Like

@Bshmstr that’s a nice looking plant. What strain is it?
Look into fabric pots. No root bound and grow a bigger plant in same size pot. Bigger plant bigger buds.
Other then that very pretty plant. I don’t see any signs of nute burn or deficiency, no ph swing spots. Very good :blush:

1 Like

Don’t know strain. Cause friend gave me seeds. First plant I grew was male and got rid of it. Just wanted to see if I could actually grow some good meds. I did order some fabric pots last night, and fox farms sledgehammer, and boomerang.

Yeah it can grow good, looks like an indica so that’s a good thing. Hopefully fem.

1 Like

I e been using a mix of daylight leds and cfl bulbs. But I did order something to try. Pics will follow.