Pests & Neem oil

Hi everyone :wave:

I noticed a pest problem happening with my 4 week old plants. Today I applied Neem oil on the top & under sides of my leaves & to the soil.

My question is - How often and how long do I apply the Neem oil until the pest problem is under control. My understanding according to the company I brought it from is to apply it once weekly up to a month. Is this correct?

I look forward to hearing your tested suggestions.

Thank you
M :relaxed:

1 Like

I apply it once a week until the pest problem is resolved, and then every other week to keep it that way up until the last week or two of flower.

4 Likes

Thanks @Rugar89

1 Like

5ml neem per litre warm water and just enough handsoap not detergent to emulsify

1 Like

I used dish soap :persevere:
Will it ruin my plants? @Donaldj

It can burn the leaves sometimes but if itā€™s a soft detergent and you only used a few drops should be fine some dish soaps are very strong I only mentioned as a caution

1 Like

I use it all season long. Drop off as the plants get closer to harvest. I also use a hydrogen peroxide wash at harvest time so any residual is washed off the buds.

1 Like

Im a fan of dietametious earth in vegg. In flower i use dr earth

2 Likes

Hi @Laurap. Do you use a duster or puffer to apply the DE to the leaves?

1 Like

Actually a small shaker. It goes everywhere as its very fine. I put on top of soil after planting & also mix into soil after baking. If i see eaten upon areas on leaves ill dust entire plant outside tent. Dr Earth is also a good product. (All natural)

Oh thanks @Laurap. I use DE on my manure pile to keep the fly eggs down. But I just broadcast shovelfulls ā€¦wouldnā€™t want to do that on the plantsā€¦

1 Like

You also need to be careful what you apply in flower.

Is there something safe to use during flower, if the pests are still a problem?

Iā€™ve used neem oil up to a few days before harvest. I do a hydrogen peroxide wash at harvest.

1 Like

Thanks I wouldnā€™t have thought of peroxide. Soooo much to learn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hydrogen peroxide is s new trick for me, too. Look it up to be sure, but I think itā€™s 8oz in 5 gallons of water, soak 5 minutes, rinse in clean water. Hang in front of a fan to dry. Your buds will be gorgeous.

@PhantomFarmer the anticipation growsā€¦hanging buds!

1 Like

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Jorge+Cervantes+Powdery+Mildew&&view=detail&mid=0C632E38D865930A0D5C0C632E38D865930A0D5C&&FORM=VDRVRV

2 Likes

@Rugar89 thanks so much for the link. I would NEVER have thought of bathing like this. Iā€™ve subscribed to this fella too.

So much to learn :slight_smile:

The soap is to take the place of a ā€œwetting agentā€ Old timers used Ivory soap. You really want something as mild as possibleā€¦thatā€™s all