Peroxide and Sevin interactions?

After reading your post, I sprinkled a little diatomacious earth(DE) on my top soil just for preventive measures,lol. I don’t know where you live, but you can order a bag of DE for just a couple bucks off ebay, or similar website; it is good to have on hand.

You are missing the point. I had sand on hand. cost $0.00. Not trying to be an ass, just saying that where there’s a will, there’s a way - or a bunch of greedy beneficiaries :slight_smile:

Also, after smoking tobacco for 30+ years and finally quitting a few years ago, I’d search for any bush-craft recipe before buying a chemical. But that’s just me. If it affects my yield, so be it, but I think my quality will be better.

1 Like

@Whodat66, I feel the same way…if I can do something the natural way, that is my priority. Many people hate taking horrible pills with terrible side effects, and growing their own medicine is a healthy, natural solution. And really, the natural way is often less expensive. Glad you were able to put down the tobacco, that is one nasty chem fest.

Retired military, and I was on a “refill as needed” opiate scrip. Quit smoking, replaced Percocet with flowers, lost 50lbs and living the dream.

3 Likes

@Whodat66 I would have liked to give you a dozen heart likes if it was allowed, that is what it is all about! Just the best news my friend. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Divorced, graduated college (same weekend) and waiting for a house to sell, then moving to Colorado!

2 Likes

Unless they install freedom a little closer to home.

1 Like

That is living the dream! I often think moving to where freedom rings is the best option. Such BS that adults have to wait for permission to do what is best for them.

1 Like

Depending on your pots you may be suffocating your plants with the sand.

Also de is for other critters as well

How did things go with th gnat problem. I am going through the same thing. I did the peroxide and water treatment, and have DE on the soil, but I am still battling them…It is so rainy outside, and hot has an oven every day, so the buggers are everywhere and they found their way inside. The only thing I have not done is put the layer of sand on top…I have the sticky taps up too. For some reason they really like my lights. The LED and CFL…they are drawn right to it. I have all the flyers down, but can still see them on the soil, even with the DE. Does anyone have any ideas on this???