Peroxide and Sevin interactions?

I sprayed my plants top soil with peroxide diluted with water today, and i just bought Sevin insecticide. I have a infestation going on in the potting soil i did not bake. Can i use sevin the same day as the peroxide?

1 Like

what type of infestation ???
I would get food grade de my self
But believe you can dust it with it with no harm I wouldn’t use it on flowers tho my self
Also you growing indoors or out

3 Likes

Indoor tent grow. My plants are around 2 weeks old. I have these bugs that are very small and look like fleas. Soooo many of them in the auto’s pot. i do not have DE in the country i am in so i have to make due with sevin.

1 Like

I understand lol probably soil nates can you get some sticky fly traps if so place a few in tent also put a small fan blowing across top of pots this will keep them from being able to fly and dust the soil with the seven dust but a fan will help out a lot
FYI most organic soils have them in it

2 Likes

IMHO, I would steer clear of pesticides, unless you are just growing these to look at. I had a problem with gnats and larvae and a peroxide flush described by Mr. Bergman is what introduced me to this site. It works, have patience. I flushed the soil, covered with a layer of fine sand that I kept wet with the peroxide solution (turns to cement-like consistency) and hung fly-paper. After a week everything was fine and I repotted.

2 Likes

@Whodat66 seven dust is made for vegetables and is safe but I do agree with you mostly which is why I suggested the Food grade DE which he says isn’t available in his country

I’m just saying that it is probably overkill. The layer of fine sand prevents them from being able to lay eggs, or for existing larva to successfully hatch. Their life-cycle is only a day or three, so if you stop the breeding cycle you win.

1 Like

Imo it won’t work on them anyway but he has it a seemed determined to use it lol
It’s designed for many type of bugs but not soil nats

2 Likes

And I didn’t mention the fan because EVERYONE has a fan blowing anyway. Aiming it towards the flypaper speeds things up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your assume everyone has one miving air but you’d be surprised how many time I speak to folks who don’t brother lol

So i got “top rank systemic insecticide” and “sevin”, i am open to the peroxide flush with sand. Please guide me on how to do that. I have 6% peroxide solution, and where do i get the sand? The beach? because u cant go buy sand where i live. and i can not re-pot an auto tht is in a 5 gallon pot at this point. So please tell me how i do this peroxide flush and applying the sand?

U said insecticide wont kill gnats? Are u sure abt tht.

1 Like

I may experience the seven dust spent I’ve tried it
As far as the peroxide and sand you put the sand on top of the soil that prevents them from coming out of the soil and you use a cap full maybe two per gallon of water
I’ll never had the need to use the peroxide myself tho
So I’ll let @Whodat66 talk you trough that as far as how much and how often

1 Like

If i put a bunch of sand on top of my soil and treat it with peroxide. At what point do i take the sand off? and i still need to give nutes, so ill wait on Whodat66 to walk me through this. If i use sevin at 3 weeks into veg, shouldent it be gone by harvest? i dont wanna use it if i cant smoke the herb afterwards haha.

Just leave the sand
You can feed and water threw it
:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for all this info.

1 Like

No worries brother any time just tag me put @ in front of my screen name bro

1 Like

I honestly don’t want to guide you wrong or miss a step, I found the article on here and it was specifically dealing with gnats. I’m a rookie and don’t want to go spouting someone else’s proverbs as my wisdom

On another site I had found that using fine sand can replace the DE, which I did not have. It was “craft” sand, hermetically sealed in a jar, like for doing sand art. Don’t know why I had it, but, there you go. Spraying water on the sand sticks it together. You can bust it up easy with your finger right back into sand, so after I watered I used a spray bottle to even it out. Only about a 1/4" of sand.

1 Like

Cut up a couple of potatoes in fourths place them on top of the soil and leave it there for 24 to 48 hours the larvae like the potatoes they will go inside when you remove the potato after a day or two you’re taking a ton of the larvae away dispose of the potatoes I got that from garragan :v:

4 Likes

I saw that one too. I tried it, and it may or may not have worked. Anything natural is worth trying first. Hell, you can brush your teeth with peroxide…