Outdoor grow haven't used any additives.Bad idea?

I’m in a legal state so thought I would try my luck. I bought an outdoor mixture plus I got 10 free seeds of a variety I cant remember.
I started in pots late for my area (early June) and transplanted into the ground around mid July. They started flowering about two weeks ago and had to pull 3 males out out of 7 plants. I planted them very close to a compost pile and usually just run the hose through pile which gets to plants from runoff. The tallest plant is about 8 feet and the others are about 4 feet. Now for my qustion. Has anyone had luck not using fertilizer on plants? They look very healthy so should I keep doing what I’m doing or should I be using something like big bloom to help flowers? The soil in the area is mostly well composted with layers from chicken run added to it.

1 Like

I’m using " chicken poop soup " on veggie and MJ. I’m also a fan of fish emulsion which I’m using on my clones. Having said that I think my grow partner has been adding miracle gro for tomatoes. I’ll check tomorrow when I visit my Widows and will let you know.

IMG_0581

My Widows a few weeks ago with aged chicken poop

11 Likes

Very nice. They do love chicken poop. I will try to post a pic soon.

Thanks. I’m on a VERY tight budget so I use what is most cost effective as does my grow partner. I think the key for outdoor growing is to be sure to grow enough to get enough from harvest to harvest. :blush: AND the dried trim keeps me going IMG_0569

3 Likes

Second on the fish emulsion
Great stuff and easy to use
My local nursery carries it cheap

1 Like

And goergeous WW

2 Likes

Thanks so much. My grow partner has done the most work with her wonderful green fingers and thumbs. It’s all on me this coming Spring {{biting my fingernails}}!
With all the help here I’m pretty sure I will do well.

A pic would help, but don’t fix what isn’t broken. I’m jealous. My compost heaps usually turn into rodent attractors.

awesome avatar @SmoknGranny…aged chicken poop is the key!!
straight out of the coop it is to hot!!

2 Likes

Yep. Like wine and women :joy:

3 Likes

Ha!! Made my morning with that one

1 Like

4 Likes

Heres a pic. 2 tall ones, i know, too close together. I also changed my username.

Buds on a smaller plant.

2 Likes

Very nice :+1:

Thanks.
It will be close as far as letting them finish.
First frost is usually first week of October.
Hope mother nature cooperates.
Next time I’m trying autos.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation here. Have my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Yeah, they’re just a little too close …

I think they could have benefited from fertilizer. I’d probably find some kind of bloom fertilizer. Hopefully others will chime in with good suggestions. Tiger Bloom is what’s available to me locally, along with all the usual choices and range. I’d be OK with MIracle Gro blooming fertilizer but many in the cannabis growing world would not.

You’re doing great!

1 Like

I saw some fish emulsion fertilizer at my local store. There are a few hydroponic stores locally also I’m going to get some fox farm big bloom.

2 Likes