OUTDOOR GROW BLOG: Caramelicious, White Widow, Cookies Kish, & Energy Haze

This is awesome :clap:t3:

Doesn’t this mean it’s harvest time? When u see those domes on the end of the pistals?

1 Like

@Keg1 looks awesome bro keep it up love the big treez

Nice well done my friend. Super healthy man

Not exactly though it is a good sign it is the color and clarity within the domes that is key

If you have a closer look at the domes or trichomes you will notice as they come closer to full maturity you will see them go from clear to cloudy to amber in color

1 Like

Here are some pics to help you

Clear
Trichomes clearTrichomes clear.PNG700x475 302 KB
Milky

trichomes milkytrichomes milky.PNG782x362 498 KB
Amber

trichomes amber

1 Like

Oops pics did not come through

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

looking good @Keg1

What is the best thing to kill these grubs nesting in my buds?

2 Likes

a hook and some water!!
have you looked at green cleaner?

2 Likes

@garrigan62 has a Recipe that will get rid of just about anything see if we can get him to chime in

@Keg1

Here is my homemade Insecticidal Soap Recipe
hope it helps. And please tag me I would like to follow your grow.

The simplest insecticidal soap is nothing more than a 2% soap solution. To make this at home, you will need:
•Sprayer: Any clean spray bottle or garden sprayer will work fine for spraying insecticidal soap. Make sure the sprayer or bottle hasn’t been used for herbicides.
•Pure Soap: Use a pure liquid soap, such as Castile, or all-natural soap. The active ingredient in insecticidal soap comes from the fatty acids in animal fat or vegetable oil, so it’s important to use the real thing. Don’t use detergents (which aren’t actually soaps), dish soaps, or any products with degreasers, skin moisturizers, or synthetic chemicals. Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap is usually pretty easy to find in stores, or check your local natural-foods store for other options.
•Pure Water: Tap water is fine for making insecticidal soap. If you have hard water, you may want to use bottled water to prevent soap scum from building up on your plants.

To make homemade 2% insecticidal soap, mix together:
•5 tablespoons soap to 1 gallon of water

OR
•1 heavy tablespoon soap to 1 quart of water

Containers of garlic, pepper, vinegar, and cooking oil
Other ingredients that can be added to homemade insecticidal soap

Homemade Insecticidal Soap Recipe Variations

Like any other home remedy, there are as many variations on this recipe as there are gardeners! You can also try:
•Diluted Solution: If the spray causes damage or burns your plant foliage, cut the amount of soap in half and try a 1% solution. This is the concentration usually found in commercial sprays. The lighter solution might be less effective but is gentler on plants.

•Cooking Oil: To help the solution stick a little longer, add two tablespoons of light cooking oil (such as corn, canola, olive, or safflower) per gallon of water to the mix.

•Vinegar: To make a spray that also targets powdery mildew, add a teaspoon of cider vinegar per gallon of water to the mix.

•Garlic or Pepper: To help repel chewing insects, add a teaspoon of ground red pepper and/or garlic per gallon of water to the mix.

•Bar Soap: For a less-exact recipe, drop a bar of pure soap (such as organic bar soap or Ivory) into a gallon of water and leave it overnight. Remove the bar and shake well before spraying.

5 Likes

So I have been at war with the grubs.
Energy Haze, done, got 1.6 pounds.
Expect the same or more of Caramel which I’m about to cut down.
Cookies Kush yield was 1 pound.
Been a good year

10 Likes

awesome harvest @Keg1

1 Like

Nice work! Also wanted to chime in on the bug soap/spray. I use about same as @garrigan62, but i also add nicotine. My wife rolls ciggs at home, so we save the dry shake at bottom of bags.
I add a big handful to a gal of water and bring to a boil, then turn back heat and let simmer for half hour to 45mins. I’ve made it with out stove,at a guerrilla grow, just soak it for 24-48hrs, sit in sun if possible, like making sun tea. After it cools i strain the plant peices out, put the juice in a gal jug, and top off with fress water to reppace what boiled off. This stuff is no joke, it kills and repels a bunch of differnt critters.

2 Likes