One thing you wish you had known

Don’t plant the girls low in the pot when growing outdoor. The stretch trying to get above the rim is frustrating.

4 Likes

A 3.8 cubic feet bale of compressed ProMix equals 50 gallons uncompressed.

5 Likes

I wish I would have found this forum and all you wonderful growers before I purchased anything!!! Lol. All my seeds (other than bag seeds) that I’ve bought have been from ILGM or the sister site AMS and I’ve been lucky to have 100% germination rate! But if I’d actually joined the forum when I bought my first seeds, I would have saved myself a ton of money.

8 Likes

I wish I would have realized the pros and cons of fimming while running a scrog. After growing 2 plants in a scrog (I fimmed as much as possible) and then growing another plant in a scrog and then one straight up beside it; I have come to realize:
Fimming is better suited to growing a plant straight up. If you run a scrog, and fim a lot, you are just creating more budsites under the canopy, and ultimately these budsites will be removed. It creates a super dense canopy and does make tucking and exposing a bit more difficult.

9 Likes

Kudos for trying something different and paying attention. Most people don’t realize that the bud sites will develop along the branches once trained into net. And that once you start training the first top into the net, the other branches will catch up pretty quick.

8 Likes

I had no idea how a scrog worked until I started seeing my first plant go into flower (not in a scrog). I simply didn’t know being new. I saw the bud sites popping up along the branch and that was ah-ha moment :sunglasses:

9 Likes

For sure! You can’t fault people for not knowing right?

5 Likes

Very good to know @dbrn32.

4 Likes

I’m having the same revelation! I feel like a sculptor… pull this one over there so that one can come up through here :grinning:
I wish I’d been less hesitant to defoil in veg. It’s super hard now that they’ve started to flower. :wink:

4 Likes

I am with a lot here. I could have saved a lot in lighting if I found this site sooner. I have almost as much in cfl lights as my led’s. :roll_eyes:
Live, learn and enjoy the grow. :grin:

6 Likes

@bob31 I’m an old 70’s hippie, we thought it was good at times we finally got Alcopulco Gold and Thai sticks were amazing but we used to laugh when someone said "2 hits and that’s all you want " then we smoked it all. Now I have smoked, grown alittle, that I was good after 2 or 3 hits. It’s very addictive and very relaxing hobby. :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

I wish I would have known pheno v Geno for sure. I stressed about it and I see a ton of posts to the effect of “why doesn’t this blue dream look like the blue dream on Leafly (or at the dispensary etc.)?” If I’d had known when I started NFT that all plants are different I wouldn’t have spent so much time trying to figure out what was wrong with the system and more time on enjoying the grow.

3 Likes

I wish I would have invested in a stake setup rather than all encompassing single trellis net. Makes pruning and watering hard amongst other things. Next grow I have square, plastic, detachable veggie “rings”.

3 Likes

I wish I would had actually listened to my first few girls that didn’t make it instead of trying to overcompensate for stuff that wasn’t there. That’s what too much Googling can do. Everyone has cancer at this rate if you look up any symptoms online. Not sure why I thought plants would be different. I guess, in both, a great community goes a long way. Thanks guys for being great!

3 Likes

@Druiddescent @Ocean Not sure if anything in here will help but here it is. Read back over all of them and they are all really valid points and stuff to think about. Might be a good spot to tag anyone newer that wants to learn some good stuff.

1 Like

Should I be concerned with this? Was only on one fan leaf 5 weeks into flower. Think maybe K or Mg issue but have never experienced this before.

1 Like

That looks like something dripped or spilled onto leaves.

4 Likes

Yeah I sprayed some neam oil a few weeks back maybe that caused it. Overall the plant looks very healthy besides that fan leaf.

4 Likes

Here is a picture of the kola that it was on, all other fan leaves look perfect…just wanted to be sure if it was something I needed to get under control.

3 Likes

I agree, they look good. Was some of neem oil on plants while lighting were on? Stuff will bead up on leaves and act like a magnifying glass, displaying very similar to what you have.

3 Likes