Update GCA (Partial Harvest) Day 95
This plant has about run it’s course. I have harvested all of the tops and now just have the extreme lower half of the plant still under the lights. I did switch it back to mild bloom nutes and supplements for the last four days and will keep the final popcorn buds in nute solution until the pistils and trichs shows readiness. Based on expereince the past couple weeks that should be in 3-5 days. I was tempted to harvest it all because the BBA’s need the space but I just couldn’t as there is likely another 3/4 ounce on the plant.
As my previous update outlined (5 days ago), I had placed the first two branches into brown paper bag(s). Today they seemed nearly ready for jars but after an hour in the jar the RH climbed to 65% so I returned the nugs to the paper bag for a bit longer.
I did happen on a smaller nug that was fairly crispy and I cut it up (this nug having about a week longer on the plant than my first sample). All I can say is, I did it. I finally grew something I want to smoke. It is very potent herb and even before curing it is smooth with a creeping sort of lung expansion. No harshness or cough inducing hit. The flavor is not quite there but the aroma coming out of the bags and from the nugs is just super!!!
Here are a few snaps