One Down Two To Grow

Ya know, you look A LOT like Jerry Garcia when he was younger? Beautiful grow, BTW!:+1:

2 Likes

That whole tent looks great @Screwauger your troubled girl is looking much better. I bet that whole tent smells wonderful. Keep doing what your doing.

3 Likes

Whatever he’s doing…he does everything delightful, he does everything for his weed. Gives some nutes when they’re feeling hungry, gives some water when they need. That was terrible…sorry😂

2 Likes

That’s terrific @DieHigh55

…I’ll walk you in the sunshine, come on Canna, come along with me.
dododo, dodo, dodo he does everything delightful, he does everything for his weed. Gives some nutes when they’re feeling hungry, gives some water when they need…LOL

Love it…of course it’s a collective “he.” Hahahahaha

2 Likes

Thanks folks!

@Covertgrower this Green Crack auto is quite smelly and the best I can do is sort of “peppery” like black pepper you shake on food or, spicey in some similar savory way. Smells strange actually.

The BBA’s are starting to have an odor and it’s deep, kinda pungent and earthy!

Never done it or used it but this AN Bud Candy is supposed to umm, maybe “force” a sweet, cotton candy type flavor (which I may like or I may not, all a test). I’ve been pounding it at all three plants for a while, the GCA for weeks; at the rec dose of 2ml/gallon. We will see.

Thanks again and thanks for the ambiance @DieHigh55

2 Likes

It’s all in the mind, y’know.

1 Like

@Screwauger I understand the difficulty in placing the smell. My last grow really had interesting smells as well. I had citrus, earthy, pine, and definitely some skunk smells. The tent was still awesome. Thanks for the descriptions, I wonder if the photo period green crack will smell the same?

1 Like

@Screwauger I use the bud candy and it doesn’t give it a cotton candy taste at least it hasn’t with mine…it gives your plant sugars and I believe it enhances whats already there for smell and taste…

3 Likes

Oh good, thanks @WillyJ I really didn’t add it to my line up for it to cause a “candy” like flavor so I appreciate you clarifying this. Thanks.

Apologies if it’s up page in your journal but what is your water source Willy? Tap, RO, etc. Thanks again.

2 Likes

I use tap water @Screwauger I dont ph it either…its6.8 out of the tap and found leaving it alone and not putting any ph down in the plants like it better and run into no ph problems… since I switched to AN nutes I dont use up or down anymore

2 Likes

I’m about to start moving my plants into flower got alot of work to do to prep them…I’ll take some pics these girls are monsters @Screwauger

2 Likes

I know I need to stop checking pH and reading about these nutes. @WillyJ

I use my tap too, it’s about 7.0.

I got home today after leaving with a fresh batch of bloom nutes for the BBA’s and found the pH to be 7.0. When I left, PPM’s were right about 1000 and pH was 6.1. All my reading says leave it (and the plants look better) but my instinct is to mess with it.

2 Likes

Yes at first I was checking things an adjusting a little but stopped…not touching my meter unless I start to see a problem…everything is nice and healthy…it’s crazy how much they’ve grown in the last couple weeks they may be to big lol @Screwauger

2 Likes

Dude!! Nice brother, everyone of them are full of great buds or bud sights. Gonna be a awesome harvest :sunglasses:

3 Likes

GCA Update (WTF) 12/11/17

Only my third plant grown in an autopot but this isn’t supposed to happen. I’ve emailed the company and posted in an autopot forum as well, hoping to get some advice here, there or anywhere, lol.

Few days back I posted pics of my roots escaping the pot. It’s worse hahaha

I am basically doing shallow water culture hydro on this plant now! Solution is supposed to wick up into the coco/roots but the pot is so light I would guess there is no wicking going on and the base is supporting the plant.

What’s next?!? LOL It isn’t mildew, bud root, cabbage worms or any number of other crop devastating issues but what in the wide world or sports is going on here. LMAO.

In 4 days these roots have multiplied by unreal amounts, I fear I cant just leave it as it’s already pushed the pot up out of the tray (nute solution) by 3/4".

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:smiley-smoking-bong

10 Likes

That is a serious amount of roots you have good sir! @Screwauger I guess you could chop them back? Another thought is to put the whole pot inside a larger one, and go Dwc with an air stone. It’s all I have for ideas.

2 Likes

WOW @Screwauger those are some aggressive roots! lol

2 Likes

Guy I chat with whose grown with autopots for years and knows dozens who exclusively use autopots; has NEVER seen this before hahahaha I tell ya, only me! LOL @BIGE

@Covertgrower that is just what the guy said, somewhat jokingly, but nonetheless, it may be an option. He thinks I should be able to finish the plant as is but I’m not sure given that this is at least 100x more roots than 4 days ago lol. If it continues at this pace it will literally push the pot out of the tray and I will need a plan B.

On another note, man does she like the advanced nutrients huh!!

6 Likes

How expensive is the Square pot it’s in? Can you split it down the side and carefully pull it from around the roots then put it in a bigger pot? I have no idea about autonpots so just throwing it out there. @Screwauger

2 Likes

Not too bad in expense and I do have a spare pot so that’s a possibility. @AnneBonny

At this point she is guzzling down nutes, nearly a gallon since yesterday at 1pm, all by herself. If I am forced to do something (roots exposed to air) then I will likely go the deep water culture route and suspend it in a tote or bucket with nutes and an air stone. Probably take right off as I do think this might be stalling her a bit.

4 Likes