One Down Two To Grow

Good Morning Journal.

Folks, I am pretty pleased this morning! BBA1 looks better this morning than she has in 2 weeks. She was not drooping this morning like she had been each morning and, I think she is a tad greener on the tops. Better looking nonetheless. I didn’t have the gumption to unhook 4 led’s so pics will be later or upon my return Sunday.

Last evening, I took BBA1 out of the tent. Placed the pot in a 5 gal pail and took a gallon of her nute mix from the res and mixed in a prescribed amount (.36g) of Great White powder. This will supplement the hydroguard with beneficial bacteria for the roots. I slowly poured the entire gallon through the pot and let it sit draining for a few hours. Then I put it back in the tent and this morning she looks 50-75% better than yesterday.

Seeing the start of the twisty tiny new growth on BBA2 I came up with a drastic plan. Her pot was also very heavy and waterlogged, not correct for a pot full of coco and roots. I convinced myself that the last coco I bought was just not draining properly and one of these suckers was getting repotted.

I mixed up a new batch after running to the grow store and grabbing a bale of GH Cocotek Coco Coir. I bloomed it, rinsed it many times (a challenge in my basement). I charged the coco with some mild base nutes, hydroguard and cal mag and soaked it several times with this mixture, letting it drain well.

I got a new autopot set up (airdome and air line, hydroton and root control disc). I ripped BBA2 out of her pot and I wish I had taken pics. Not one iota of root rot anywhere to be seen. Nice healthy roots and quite the mass woven into the air dome.

I literally cut the lower third of the root mass off and used my fingers to remove a good deal of the exterior coco/perlite. I re-potted BBA2 into the new pot and packed her good with fresh coco. Then I mixed a very mild batch of base nutes with hydroguard, calmag and .36g of great white. I saturated the pot three times and let it drain each time. I then left her out of the tent in a corner of the basement where she would get just muted light and a longer dark period.

I went to bed expecting her to be shocked badly if not showing signs of early death. Not. Looks better than before the transplant IMO. I left the airdome on all night and just let her drain and chill. Leave tonight and return Sunday weather permitting. Fingers crossed. Note to self: Check reservoir spigots before leaving.

BBA2 after Re-potting

9 Likes

Some pics of the tent.

@bob31 @Willd @Rugar89 @Ron330 @WillyJ @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower @DoomSack @Donaldj @Hogmaster

BBA1 Looks better to me, not sure.

BBA2 after re-potting

GCA Rock hard tops forming. Smells spicy!

23 Likes

More tags

@Coltfire @NTMAREMACH @Nug-bug @Laurap @Smokin_ernie @Sirsmokes @bonnie1 @DoomSack @DieHigh55 @daz49

3 Likes

Awesome looking stuff strong work

3 Likes

Thanks Ernie. @Smokin_ernie
I’m still learning as you can tell by the burnt tips hahaha
I just want to ripen one, my last grow was unimpressive buzzwize, learned a lot but…
Thanks for taking a look and for the kind words.

2 Likes

You said it smells spicy, that’s funny my last harvest fully cured has a real mild sweet smell great taste and high, just nevery got a bag that smelled like this but burn its stinks so good

1 Like

She looks improved to me. Definitely not as wilty as before. @Screwauger

1 Like

awesome just awesome @Screwauger That is a very happy tent! Safe travels this weekend, brother!

1 Like

Thanks Gents @bob31 @Covertgrower @Sirsmokes @Smokin_ernie

Not sure I am out of the woods but I will take progress and averted death!! Have a good weekend though I will be on wifi and have my phone/kindle. Peace.

4 Likes

@Screwauger they look so nice and yummy.

2 Likes

Looks like the set for “Jurassic Park”.

3 Likes

That 7th pic looks incredible @Screwauger. Those are some perfect bud sites there. Won’t be long to harvest those girls. Woo hoo™️

2 Likes

Thanks for looking @DoomSack I appreciate your input and thanks am very much looking forward to sampling that plant. I’ve never tried crack but I’ll try this variety!!!

2 Likes

Very very impressive! Georgeous!

2 Likes

@Screwauger it looks so good

1 Like

Awesome looking garden! @Screwauger

3 Likes

Thanks folks @WillyJ @muffybunny @Laurap appreciate you taking a look and the kind words!

Update BBA 1&2 Post Infirmary Stay 12/10/17

@bob31 @Willd @Rugar89 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower @DoomSack @Donaldj

I left home 48 hours ago with a plant in preflower that I violently transplanted into fresh coco coir and pot (BBA2). I had a plant (BBA1) that was looking toxic for a week or two that was on the 3rd attempt to right it’s imbalance(s). I also have an independent, problem free (for the most part) plant that just is, (GCA).

GCA Day 66 from sprout Day 29 of Flowering
Not much change from few days ago

BBA1 Day Day 52 from Sprout - Post Infirmary Stay
Still watching closely, looks markedly better IMO

BBA2 Day 42 from Sprout - Post Abrupt and semi Violent Transplant 12/7/17

General Tent

13 Likes

@Coltfire @NTMAREMACH @Nug-bug @Ron330 @Smokin_ernie @Sirsmokes @bonnie1 @ktreez420 @DieHigh55 @daz49

More Tags

2 Likes

So jelous right now

1 Like

I understand that @Sirsmokes, really, I do.

Frankly, I love that I can go away for 2-3 days and return and find stuff chugging along. Autopots take some tweaking and learning but I do love them after 1.5 grows.

Thanks Bro.

2 Likes