One Down Two To Grow

@Patsbasement

Honestly, I was amazed. I made up two 4 gallon batches one mid flower one late flower.
So basically one was 1.5ml/l the other 2ml/l of sensi bloom a and b.
I started with my cal mag then my sensi blooms then my hydroguard, terpinator, big bud/overdrive and bud candy. My tap starts at 7.3ish. After mixing the batches BAM 5.9ph

From my research today, that supposed to hold that buffered ph zone for 7-10 days.

I am not sure but I suspect my BBA’s will come back around but I base this on pure speculation and hope!! LOL

4 Likes

Willing to bet you stop adjusting ph and they’ll start to love the nutes…I predict a full recovery :wink: I’ve had no problems with the nutes I also never touched the ph up or down @Screwauger @Patsbasement

2 Likes

Thanks @WillyJ for the input, I spaced on that conversation but I do recall us talking AN, so much appreciate it and besides, I was gonna learn the hard way regardless lol.

2 Likes

I know ph is so important but I thought I’d give the ph perfect a go but was skeptical and got to tell you these babies are growing every night…they are in need of some serious super cropping it’s going to be a days work putting these girls into the flower room they’re bigger than the last grow…I’m really going to do some defoliation on these…

When your ph is stable that’s what your going to end up with @Screwauger

3 Likes

My tents already popping with three plants and ph problems hahaha and I’ve been super cropping too. Love this sport.

You sure have the nutes dialed in, but there’s a few other things in your grow room that are running on all cylinders @WillyJ, not the least of which is the conductor!! You are a skilled grower to say the least and I respect your knowledge and the chance to grow along side you (with the same nutes even). Thanks Man!!

2 Likes

Thank you @Screwauger ypur girls are definitely doing well even with the slight problem but sounds like the problem may be solved…and I’m pretty new to this but have learned a lot right here plus I read and read and nothing beats experience…I had an idea of what I wanted to do and I’m giving it my best shot…the learning part which never ends is great these are amazing plants :grinning:

2 Likes

Good morning fellas, now when I use nutrients ANB and then add photosynthesis plus and Cal mag I thought the pH would change and I have to adjust. So you’re telling me even if I had those notes I still don’t have to adjust pH? I did just water my girls with nudes and the other additives And I didn’t adjust pH. I guess I was overthinking.

1 Like

Hi @Patsbasement

You’re right where I was when I screwed up.
Unfortunately, the dude I was modeling my grow after (he used autopots AN nutes and coco)
has not been around since June.

What I did yesterday as a test on two different batches was to add my base nutes A&B and then all of my supplements, mix and test pH. The pH was spot on.

I got into trouble adding silicate first, then ph balance the mix, then add my base and other supplements and test ph again. I was adding ph down after the silicate then more ph down after all of my additives.

Yesterday sort of proved, you do not need to do any of that.

I understand the pH perfect Nutes do 2 things

1. they buffer your mix pH down (in my case to 5.9) AND
  2. They buffer the medium you’re growing in allowing it to accept (and use) pH values within a wider range

My suggestion would be to mix up a gallon the way you always do and use no ph up or down. Then check the gallon. If you get a reading anywhere between the range acceptable for your growing medium (for me it’s 5.5-6.5) then leave it and you are good to grow.

I plan to let my res bounce anywhere it wants from 5.5 - 6.5 and if I see it go out of that range, I will either dump and make a fresh res or top it up with nutes and see what my ph is afterward.

They say ph Perfect was designed for RO water but my tap comes out at 7.4 ph and these nutes slung that down to 5.9 without a problem.

2 Likes

GCA Continued Update 12/7/17

As was my MO last grow, when one plant starts to get needy, I forget about the independent ones. This Green Crack has been very independent and all I have done is LST her and refill her reservoir. Until today.
This is not really a problem but I have sought advice from other autopot growers.
BTW @Coltfire are you still using your autopots?

Here she is in her glory and then, the “problem.”

Back to my…

It is concerning that the roots are pushing the pot up out of it’s tray by a quarter to half an inch so I have asked a couple of autopot growers I know to chime in.
This plant is doing great overall but I’m not sure if I leave these be or trim them back. There is a “root control disc” in the bottom of the pot that is supposed to help avoid this problem.

@bob31 @Willd @WillyJ @NTMAREMACH @Patsbasement @Countryboyjvd1971 @ktreez420 @Donaldj @Rugar89

10 Likes

Hummmmm @Screwauger
Interesting if nothing else you have a healthy root system there lol

3 Likes

More tags

@peachfuzz @Hogmaster @Nug-bug @Niala @Smokin_ernie @Sirsmokes @Sl1 @DoomSack @DieHigh55 @daz49

1 Like

They don’t look like they have many weeks left I’m not sure if I would do anything but let them grow

3 Likes

Thanks @Hogmaster
Yeah I’m thinking 2-3 weeks maybe and I agree.
I really don’t want to mess up the status quo with this young lady.

4 Likes

Those roots are so healthy let her keep going she Is loving what you’re doing just running out of room

1 Like

@Screwauger Wow. Text book healthy roots. Greatness man! I can’t help but think it looks like organic pasta peeking out of the bottom of that container. just perfection!

1 Like

Thanks @DoomSack

hard to believe the one next to this one has struggled so much but that’s what I get, I vowed to never attempt two different strains again and, here I am. Seems the BBA’s are too sensitive!!

So let me say it again, I am never growing 2 different strains again*

*ᵁᶰᶫᵉˢˢ ᴵ ᵃᵐ ᵃᶫᶫ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵉᵃᶰˢ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵒᶰᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʷᵒ ᵖᶫᵃᶰᵗˢ ᵈᶦᵉˢ ᵃᶰᵈ ᴵ ᵃᵐ ᶠᵒʳᶜᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ʳᵉᵗᵘʳᶰ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵃᶰ ʲᵃʳ ᶠᵒʳ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰᶦᶰᵍ ᵗᵒ ᶠᶦᶫᶫ ᵗʰᵉ ᵛᵒᶦᵈ⋅

12 Likes

Nice healthy root system…I wouldn’t do anything to stall her now

2 Likes

weight them rascals down with bricks! lol WOW! @Screwauger those are some serious roots that are moving the heck out of dodge!!

2 Likes

@Screwauger,I haven’t used them this season as yet , I was going to use them for my clones, which will be ready for transplant in another 5 days…but I ended up putting last years in the ground ,for the reason your having now,

2 Likes

Exception noted @Screwauger

5 Likes