One Down Two To Grow

Hey @Screwauger if I had went by my pistols, I would have harvested week and a half ago.
All m>new are brown,and have been for a while, but it was definitely not ready.
The 2 small buds I took,wasn’t up to par, though the 2nd one I let dry gave me a buzz.
And I’m just at 70 cloudy 30 clear now
Just giving info :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Screwauger it’s a personal choice but I take mine min 20% amber which still gives you a good day time smoke but again it a personal choice you have more than one plant I suggest you try taking them at different stages so you can get a better idea fir next grow ? Just a thought bro

All great advice, thanks folks!!
@Countryboyjvd1971 I think that is what I will do.

If every single leaf on the plant has turned yellow and is dead, is there any sense to keeping the plant growing!! I am nearing 90% dead leaves on the 8Ball

I would say your ready to harvest her
With out seeing it for myself @Screwauger
Does it still seem to be growing or just stating the same ?

1 Like

I did a test last night and she is still drinking nutes solution at a pretty good clip. The only thing I have noticed in the past few days is leaves turning yellow, no real growth (but it has been said they will appear stalled sometimes before they swell).
I am gonna get some pics before my lights go off in 25 minutes. @Countryboyjvd1971

Given it’s my first grow/harvest I am allowed to make some bad decisions…lol

3 Likes

Exactly brother
It is normal for them to eat the fan leaves which will turn yellow and die off that another sign of being close to harvest time
I’ll be around tag me when yo post the update @Screwauger need to finish walk through here at work be back in a bit bro

Let’s say that at baseline, I over-think everything. @Countryboyjvd1971
Let’s also say, this is mostly a result of my overdosing the plant a week or so ago.
That said, the nute schedule I am following calls for cutting out all N (0/0/9) for the second half of flowering. It is known this may decrease yields by 10% but achieve a smooth, clean burning product. This too would account for some/a lot of the yellowing, as it is expected, just not this early (but I overdosed the plant).

Best pics I could get (and I still see about 50% cloudy trichomes)

7 Likes

@Screwauger the brighter white pistils are a pretty sure sign she needs more time. They should be off white going towards brown and then re-check the trichomes.

IMO it is important not to rush these next parts. Make them come to you! hahahaha

3 Likes

Thanks @bob31

If the trend continues and this weekend all of the leaves are yellow/dead, will she still continue to ripen?

1 Like

I believe she will. My last grow AK47 the only thing I had left was sugar leaves the last two weeks before harvest.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks @bob31

I am in no hurry and do not want to rush these stages (even though I am impatient to the core).

1 Like

weed whisperer!!

6 Likes

:confetti_ball::tada: Out of likes @BIGE

1 Like

tend to agree with @bob31. It’s so hard to be patient when they look like they’re beyond ready to just croak. The OD didn’t help but patience patience. I’m already pulling a handful of yellowing leaves off a different single plant or 2 almost every time I go up there to ogle, gaze, and dream about harvest time being behind me. By the time the outdoor biotches be ready most of the fan leaves will be on the ground or in the compost heap. Obviously you don’t want to be plucking any green fan leaves off either of your indoor beauties.

Do you have a white cat or dog? OR do YOU have fine white hair? I’ve noticed a wisp here and there on your buds in a few of your closeup pics.
All that yellow is going to get manicured right off too right? oh and the DON’T look like they’re going to croak. they just look at little burned.

1 Like

That would be the female ginger colored coon cat. OMFG she is everywhere in this house. @Willd and I saw those too lol

1 Like

I’ve found some interesting fibers in the buds from 2015. pet hair, wildlife hair, human hair, grasses, flower petals, seeds of other plants. Thankfully my near vision is still good so I catch it before it ends up in a j, bowl or vape chamber

3 Likes

Hazards of growing! I contend will a those outdoor and indoor by-products of life. I have magnifiers and tweezers that I use after drying and before curing

3 Likes

@bob31 @Willd

In my attempts to lower temps when flower started I purchased a 240cfm can/vent fan to place into the lower tent inlet. I stuck it in without thinking and it was very effective. Many weeks later I purchased a…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057JE5VE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

…out of concern for critters getting in there. Never once did it dawn on me that I live in animal hair with a chocolate lab, a tiger and a Maine Coon cat(s). I have some work cut out as daily I have to take a damp towel to the outside of that screen to get the cat hair off it. FML hahaha I’ve got some tweezer work to do.

11 Likes

Oh my @Screwauger That’s a pretty picture right there.

1 Like

Thanks AB see my cat near the bottom?
She is getting close though and I am eager to harvest this plant. Prob. not much of a haul in weight because of the overdose I gave her but the buds sure are delicious looking. The largest cola is about 6" (front left) the rest 3" or so

6 Likes